Insta-Level 85 (280 AA?) (Heroic Characters)

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Daray, Aug 3, 2013.

1. Mermut Well-Known Member

Vet bonus, like vitality, only applies to kills (for adventure) and combines (for TS). It doesn't add to quest xp and I don't believe it applies to discos.
  2. Deago Well-Known Member

Yeah figured...ah well.. only thing I can recall was RaF that used to triple quest experience. Man that was nice :p
  3. d1anaw Well-Known Member

I don't care one way or the other if someone wants to get an insta leveled character. I don't really see it as being any different than going into test and getting an instant level to max bauble. It would make sense if someone first had to level a character to at least the level of the insta level before being granted access to one. But it really doesn't impact my game if someone else takes the insta-level. I might even try it later on myself. They said that they would be "pre-programmed" with AA and all that. Is that permanent or will it be changeable once the person levels to a certain point? If it is permanent and they cannot be changed, it would seem that it would not be something people would stick with in the long run. There really would not be any point to playing a character over which you had no control whatsoever.
  4. Deago Well-Known Member

I sense nickle/dime methods incoming. Perhaps with an "unlocker" off sc you can change the aa, or with an "unlocker" you can level the toon to 95.

Infinite amount of ways to make a buck here with this method of play. We should read more about it tomorrow.
  5. Atan Well-Known Member

I would be shocked to find out they teased us with something we wanted only to deliver something that isn't what they hinted and wasn't as free as they led on.

SoE has been a very trustworthy company and I don't believe they would lead on their customers like this.
    Alenna, Wirewhisker and Deago like this.
  6. Revekk Member

I guess what we're wondering is if this is a semi transparent marketing gimmick for a quick infusion of cash like goblin games etc. or a well thought out feature that will help retain current players and bring in new people over a long period of time by adding value to the overall game. We don't want something that looks attractive and fun initially but ends up being covered in sc upgrade buttons so no one will bother with it in a few months.
  7. Deago Well-Known Member

I see what you did there and approve :D
  8. Militant-Zanshin New Member

Eq1 player for years. Returning to eq2. I find this option ok. I will use it for a higher Lvl to assist my friends. I will also level a toon on The side or solo fun:)
  9. Deago Well-Known Member

Maybe we will get some information today (friday) in the producer letter.
  10. Wingrider01 Well-Known Member

technically the end of the week is Sunday,
    Deago likes this.
  11. Ahupu Well-Known Member

Saturday if you are most people WR01 at least the way we lay out our calendars if not the way we work.. Though I suppose the argument could be made that there are two ends to the week a front end and a back end. That said I believe Holly's tweet said hopefully Friday.
  12. Deago Well-Known Member

:p
  13. Valkysas Member

Heroic toons have been pushed back until about the first week of oct and expansion been pushed back until mid nov

Great news for me more gta5 :)
  14. Deago Well-Known Member

Not complaining because I imagine this to be a very delicate matter but that letter said absolutely nothing say for the date changes.

:p
  15. Wirewhisker Well-Known Member

Well that was a wasted wish. :mad:
    Malleria likes this.
  16. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

There WAS a teeny bit of info in there. AoD will be sold as the full package still, not just a la carte.
  17. Mae- Well-Known Member

Was there ever a hint that they weren't going to continue selling AOD?
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  18. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

Well when it was announced that a la carte was going to happen (scroll back in all the threads) some assumed the package deal would no longer be available since a la carte would bring in more $$
  19. Mae- Well-Known Member

Yeah, well, some assumed that these characters would only be for accounts with existing high level characters, and others assumed they were to attract new players... but that doesn't mean the Producers Letter gave any new info. It just squashed some people's assumptions.
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  20. Kalika Well-Known Member

Well i have been playing for 5 years 9with two big breaks), and one thing that kept me going on was having fun with Alts.
    Sure the low level got easier anr easier but since i knew the game i always found out challenges to do. As the game got easier i started focussing on ^^^ heroics outdoor, and later i started doing group instances and i ended up completing instances when merc came out.

Indeed duoing my fury and a tank merc (i usually picked the Dark elf lady sk) turned out to be super fun.
    Sure in the old day a full 6 man group could get crushed theredouble harm touch on tank without immunity or death prevent ;-) ... but mercenaries actually allowed to open instances to solo players (gear helped too, a level 75 mage of today probably have more hps than a well geared tanks of 2008).

And yeap your learned group play with mercenaries, my fury actually player as a healer/dps support with the inky SK, and yeap fury of nature was on that lady not in me when we duoed sebilis around 75.

But 1-85 without any requirement is a sort of joke. Currently 1-90 is very fast the reason why my alt did not level in a week is that i locked my exp and farmed AAs.

There wer others solutions :

-- faster AA rate till 300.
    -- Quest xp multiplied by 1,5 till 85
    -- heroic quest xp x5 (with merc anyone can do them)
    -- heroic characters unlocked after you got two level 90.