Increase % of health gamewide

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Airvh, Dec 10, 2017.

1. Scalo Active Member

I believe that bleesthrough could be removed at that point.

what the point of gearing??

(96% * heals_old_gear) / (96% * heals_new_gear) = heals_old_gear / heals_new_gear, which is exactly the same progression rate.
  2. Scalo Active Member

why dont we just ask to replace all heal values with simply "heals to full HP" and be done with all those inflated, hard-to-read numbers? Then you can cast a HoT and focus on something more useful.. DPSing!

yeah, PG was harsh and the worst part of it - healers had to actually keep healing their groups and had no time to DPS.
    worse yet! - people had to pay attention to keep aggro on the tank. that is outrageous!

Regardless, PG didnt feel like a stable tug-of-war experience I wish we had.
  3. Mermut Well-Known Member

So... take away all the tank dps too.. and make them taunt all the time.. but make the taunts so small that if they pause taunting for a fraction of a second.. even to sneeze, aggro is ripped and they can't get it back... I'm sure tanks would love that too... That's essentially what you're suggesting for healers.

Most healers want the health pool/heal potential ratio fixed.. but making it so healers can't do anything except spam heals and have their gear do absolutely nothing to make heals better/more effecient is a really good way to make healers an endangered species in the game...
  4. Fleurs Active Member

What are you talking about, warder have it the same right now too... What the point of a 300m ward or a 600m ward, it will still block only 50% of damage or 20% in expert, and expire after 30 seconds of cast. Ward quite never break due to damage. We are no longer warding, we are casting % based damage reduction that last 30 seconds.

Reducing it even more would be pointless. Especially a ridiculous 96% amount..

Don't think shaman are pleased by the current way our wards work. Well, at least, i'm not.. Not saying ward is weak,but it is unrewarding, and unrelated to our stuff like druid and cleric, we are all in same boat.

I feel so much fun when some damage goes right through wards, and the remaining damage goes 80% through our wards..

Reducing heal amount by 96% mean a 50k potency heal will act like having 2000 potency.. Which expension had us have 2k potency? Our 150m ward will become a 6m ward, do you really think we could keep anyone up with some 6m ward? Especially with 80% of damage going through it, because no, dev will never remove bleedthrough.
  5. Earar Well-Known Member

numbers are numbers, they can still be changed

but the point is that potency increases your heal power - it's always heal compared to HP

doesn't matter if heals only increases at 0.3 of potency, as long as more potency makes u better healer

reducing wouldn't be pointless, u say it yourself, the ward isn't fully used
  6. Vokan Well-Known Member

Yeah, I am not quite getting here. Sure there is bleedthrough, however once the damage is taken and warded, more damage can still be warded for whatever time limit exists on the ward. Once a heal lands, anything over that is gone and useless. I don't like bleedthrough and I don't like the way non-warders cant compete to be as effective. I honestly dont know what the answer is, but there was extreme unfairness as to how heals were calculated and used, and instead of fixing non-warders, they just made it more aggravating to use wards.
  7. Fleurs Active Member

Reducing it by 96% is totally ridiculous, yesterday, we fought a raid named in plane of disease, i had to pump out between 100-120 million hps to sustain my tank group. How are ANY healer supposed to do that with 4% of their healing power?

Are you even playing a healer in raid?
  8. Earar Well-Known Member

I'm not the one who said 96% --> numbers can be tweaked I said

yes I play warden in raid

what I said is damage scales with mobs HP (plus mitigation and other stuff)

heals scales with player's HP. which are way lower than mobs' HP. so it doesn't matter if potency has the same ratio on heals and damage as long as it works. Like already stuff like ab mob don't scale the same way with dots, ST DD or AoE.

it doesn't matter as long as it works.

but reducing HP could also mean reducing incoming damage and that we need to work more on heals.

it's always power of heals vs total HP. And right now heals heals for way too much
  9. Mermut Well-Known Member

And giving us more hitpoints rather then artificially mangling how well potency 'works' for healing would be a much simpler fix. If our hitpoints kept up with our other stats (proportionally) there wouldn't be need for such 'quirky' mechanics as bleedthrough, reduced potency to heals or whatever other convoluted pretzel might be devised to reduce healing without TOTALLY breaking it.
  10. Fleurs Active Member

This one, reducing how potency affect heal could break older content. Increasing our HP will not (at best, older content will be easier), the same problem had arisen long time ago, they fixed it by greatly increasing our HP, and it worked very well. They just need to redo it, and make sure, on upcoming expension, that they keep things balanced so the same problem doesn't come over and over.

But reducing heal power will require a total rebalancing of every encounter, as i said, yesterday, i had to pump out 100-125 million HPS against one of the Plane of Disease raid boss, and it required 100% of my healing power to achieve that.
    Mermut likes this.
  11. Earar Well-Known Member

it doesn't really break older content because up to sentinel's fate, potency wasn't really a thing.

increasing health or changing the scaling ends up to the same thing anyway. but it's just because I'm more for a stat squish :)

and we talk and talk ... but seems it won't change anyway ^^
  12. Mermut Well-Known Member

They're clearly NOT going to smoosh stats. Doing it to one and not another will cause far more problems then keeping all stats in a sensible ratio to each other. I agree that the stat inflation has gotten out of control, but it makes FAR more sense to increase the one stat that hasn't kept up then to crippling healing compared to everything else.
  13. Relanah Active Member

Also, if they DO in fact go for a stat squish... It also makes more sense to have all stats on par with each other so that a squish is simply a case of tuning all numbers down by a set amount without affecting relative power in any way.

Rather than squish 1 stat, then rebalance half the game around it and then later have to mess around with other stats in an equally obtuse way...

Increasing health pools, only has a single notable balance concern. Which is the relative power of percentile healing. But given that most percentile heals don't really exist because of the nature of every non-percentile heal being like 100%+ max health and the state of being that is "Full heal or no health. No inbetween" in regards to tanks. It might not even be that big a concern (Though, would need to keep an eye on SK's make sure they don't become too tanky because of their array of leeches)
    Mermut likes this.
  14. Fleurs Active Member

You many HPS does your healer do in your raids? Do you think they will be able to keep up with current content with like 90+% of their healing power removed? Reducing current healing power will force the dev to rebalance the whole current expension.
  15. Earar Well-Known Member

i kind of don't expect the heal to be balanced by the end of this expac.

At one point u need to sit and think this through and do what needs to be done. Not just increase potency and expect everyone to be happy.
    Right now my HPS in raid is irrelevant. I'm more there for buff than for actual healing. and maybe reducing shamans HPS would allow other healers to increase their HPS

I can heal .. it's just ward take everything
  16. Mermut Well-Known Member

Taking the class(es) at the top of the pile and tossing them to the bottom of the pile so a different class can be at the top is not balance.
    Heal balance should never, ever be about the heal parse. It should be about healers of all archtypes being equally viable (for equally geared groups)... no more 'have this archtype in group or you die'
  17. Relanah Active Member

You also need to think about the implications of changes too.

Sure, you could nerf down Shaman's wards so that non-Ward based healers can be more useful at healing in a raid. But then you have to think how Shaman players would feel? Would they still be useful? What do they bring outside of their insano-Wards? I mean, at least Druids have Instinct to make them desirable even if Shamans are the primary healers.

Alternatively, there's the idea of just boosting up health pools.

If health pools scaled with the same ridiculous exponential rate as all other stats did. With also mob damage being tuned up a bit too. What would be the effects?

1) Wards would lose relative power. Since, instead of being like 2x players max health unbreakable damage mitigation bubbles, they'd be at a more comparable strength to other healers skills - Thus allowing bleedthrough to be toned down as a result.

2) Various heal skills would be more useful. Since you wouldn't have basically every tick of any heal being 100% healing.

3) Potency and other stats would have more meaning for healers because their heals would scale longer without hitting the breakpoint where everything is a full heal which makes gear increases just for DPS boosts...

4) Tanks would feel more in control of their life. With their self heals being meaningful because damage won't be about getting chunked for 90%+ life as much.

5) Gearing for health would be more meaningful. Since right now, as Tanks get burst for most of their life as a standard while having much more life than non-Tanks can reasonably get, there's little advantage to be gleaned from non-Tanks trying to build life to survive stuff, since irregardless, they're just gonna pop in one hit...

6) If a stat squish occurs, everything can remain balanced as you simply linearly scale down numbers. I.e. Instead of doing 100 mil HPS, you scale it down so you're doing like 10k HPS and all other numbers are scaled down by the same factor. So everything stays the same, just numbers are more manageable to read and calculate.