Increase % of health gamewide

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Airvh, Dec 10, 2017.

1. Mermut Well-Known Member

So I shouldn't expect to keep people alive that other healers can keep alive and that's just okay. fine.. I get it.. nothing is wrong.. it's nobody's fault that certain healers can't do their job. Nothing to see here.
  2. Earar Well-Known Member

Things are wrong, we know that .. But at the same time, what's the point in beating you with the stick ?

we talked a lot about healing issues ... and it all goes to same point --> if devs don't change anything, we won't get any heal balance.

so we have different way of seeing things.

stick with toons we like even though we'll have issues healing till they fix it
    or change toon with the fotm healer

u like your warden I know and u stick with it. you are also frustrated to not being able to do your work properly. but compalining over and over won't make it fixed sadly.
  3. Melt Actually plays the game

I really could give less of a crap whether it's you dying or your group. We're obviously talking about the people dying. We use the word "you" as a convenience. The new top end orange adorns are crafted, so that isn't an issue for people at all. Or, don't PuG. Guild groups. I haven't pugged once this xpac and I'm extremely happy that I haven't. If you can't find guild groups then complain about PuGs, that sends a solid message about your guild, and thats something easily fixable. Not only that, everything except a select few mobs hit like an empty pillowcase. I can tank all but the behemoth in gears and gearclaw on my troub with 30m hp. Which I've done, with a fury solo healing.

Lastly, if people are dying without PG runes, then they should get PG runes. The consistency isnt hard to spot.

Edit: and while every other healer can heal an undergeared group, a well geared group will prefer a druid 100% of the time. As long as they keep a well geared group up they are absolutely the best healers in many forms.
  4. luxxxaeterna Member

They wont do it simply because, right now to group properly you need adorns and to get these adorns you need to run PG.Without membership it would take you forever to get them so they win money from this.If they boost the hp a lot of people would cancel their memberships.Its all about money.If you dont like to grind mindlessly play solo and level alts.You can go run groups without relic and myth weapons, but without HP it would be very unsatisfying.
  5. Mermut Well-Known Member

This is the part that gets me.. every single healer except druids can heal certain groups. and it's the groups that are 'under geared' (despite meet resolve).. not an issue with healer balance. 2 out of 9 healers can't do something.. and you're saying that it's not a problem with those 2 healers.. it's a problem with the groups.
  6. Melt Actually plays the game

The only healer that can actually heal groups that are supremely undergeared is channelers. Shamans and clerics can't help because of bleedthrough and the inquisitors buff is based on max health. It is 100% an issue with the groups, as you can see with the dependent variable in the equation. Well geared group = can be healed by all classes. Undergeared (heavily) group = can be healed by channelers. The difference there is... the group. So yeah, a person with 3m hp cant be healed by a shaman or cleric, and a person with 30m can be healed by everybody. Group issue. Healer balance is fine, except for channelers. They need some heavy nerfs.
  7. Melt Actually plays the game

the t5 pg adornments are crafted...
  8. Melt Actually plays the game

9. luxxxaeterna Member

If you pray to the rng gods... better go with PG.And they drop maybe from heroics... and still we get to the point of pay to win.
  10. Fairin Active Member

its not your fault, you cant make your dps spec into defensive things even if they got the spare points to do so...

what you need to say.is "tell me again how 10 aa's for the dragon ward to save your *** is too expensive and will kill your dps again..." as sarcastically as possible

without PG's i hit 22 million hp with the absolute best tank gear i could aquire back in KA (which im sure is why all the fighters quit if a bard put them to such shame) after pg's i shot up to 40 million, and healer depending 50+ on raids back then - pushed 65m tanking for trakanon. - sigh...

when i tank for groups in PoP i have 65 million hp with a few different gear choices. - if i noticed someone died to every single aoe that went out i'd ask them to put their ward on, and hope i didn't have to explain it, or if they had less than 20 million hp i would ask if they actively spec'd for more hp. and suggest enhanced vitality if they don't want to dirtnap.

but that being said, its not your fault if dps die in this expansion, its theirs, res, have a laugh, move on. these bosses do not hit hard enough to matter if your group is spec'd right.

as for the original intent of the post - you know they did that for WoW - increased everyones health, people shot up from 20k to 100k, tanks from 45 to 150k. know what else they did?. made heals do like 5k / 15k.. then made them cost 10x as much so your mana pool would suffer more =) - now imagine that in eq2 numbers.. tanks health shooting up x5 and your heals only healing 10% at best is that what you really want?... guess it would solve the 100 to 0 in one hit splat effect...
    Earar likes this.
  11. dirgenoobforreal Well-Known Member

At this point, after 4 years of healing being in a miserable state, if you want decent healing mechanics you gotta play on the TLE... But even there, just realise a channeler will top the meter by 2 to 3 times the HPS you do.

I think its about time we all just accept that they dont know how to fix this issue and it honestly seems like a non issue to most of the developers because I never seen any of them comment on this issue, which is such a big deal for the entire game.
  12. Melt Actually plays the game

wolves in torden are down, fury solohealed mage group.
  13. Beyoncia Well-Known Member

I don't know if they changed something, or people simply get more hp, but the second time we cleared T1 before Christmas it was much easier then before. I, Inquisitor, solohealed my group, even in Ro Tower; it was impossible on our first try, the aoe just teared people apart, one-shoting everyone without wards.
  14. Scalo Active Member

especially wardens are great. although personally I prefer Mystics for all the good stuff they can do for my dps/threats levels and their main ward casting on the move (very handy from the moment your group doesnt stop anymore to kill trash or names alike ;)

seriously, what I would like to propose seems very radical, but think about it.
    release new expert zones. these zones have a permanent debuff that decreases all sort of heals by 95-97% and cap reuse speed at 50%. including self heals and self wards of mages, scouts, tanks, clickies etc.

now make it that enemies wont 1-shot you. at the same time give much more HP to enemies.
    bring back the heals struggle, but make it feel stable, unlike it is now - where HP of all but the 60m HP people (and 100m HP tanks) is either 100% or 0%.

needless to say, it also has the potential to remove the need for nontank DT mechanics and should prevent BL/summoners/anything else from soloing the content.

might be wrong, but IMO major probles now come from potency affecting heals.
    ToV xpac was designed to solve exactly the same problem back then. it worked for a while. but no longer that until pot inflation.
  15. Earar Well-Known Member

no !
    just no !

that's kind of what they did in PG, and it wasn't fun.
    You are used to playing your toon one way, u cannot ask just healers to change their playstyle depending on the zone.

u get used of the timers, u know instinctively cast and recast of your spells. U cannot ask only healers to have to adapt between zones.
    Kari and Mermut like this.
  16. Clintsat Well-Known Member

Would be nice for there to be more incentive for folks to gear appropriately to keep druid healing relevant. For example, if the incoming hit is greater than the player's max hp, they get one shot regardless if wards.

Would put everyone more on par and incentivize getting more max hp.
  17. Relanah Active Member

Well, that's not exactly the problem at large. Since, that's kind of necessary to make gearing up an actual incentive for healers.

The main problem is that they've exponentially increased stats on gear to ridiculous levels... Like, you're talking 60k+ potency these days for not even top end gear. That's 60,000% bonus healing/damage - Not including crit multiplier, fervor, ability mod etc...

Unless you completely break the base scaling of skills, like to the point where a naked character has their heals doing like 0.01-0.1 healing, these ridiculously high stats are gonna pump up healing to insane levels.

The simpler solution would be to just equally scale health pools, which would in effect do a similar thing, without gimping people whom are leveling and gearing up.

At that point, you also get a situation where it's viable to do a simple stat squish if necessary (Which might actually be so as I dare say the ancient engine the game runs on is gonna eventually crap itself one day when it's trying to calculate damage and healing numbers that need to be expressed in standard form...)
  18. Kari Well-Known Member

I agree completely. I have been playing almost exclusively in groups and raids for the last 12 years, but the PG mechanics were so unpleasant that I soloed all of them as a stupid dracur creature. I couldn't bear to play my defiler with the slow cast time and changed mechanics. If they brought the PG mechanics to the live server, that would be it for me.
  19. Fleurs Active Member

Releasing expert zone (bleedthrough 80%) and decreasing heal by 96% will reduce ward by 99.20%, that the most stupid idea i've ever heard on this forum. Absurd...

What would be the point of getting better gear as a healer, if our gear only give us 0.80% of the improvement on our skill that other DPS/Tank class get with the same gear?
  20. Earar Well-Known Member

but that's what non warders have right now.

potency only helps for damage and reprieve/spirit of druidism. Because anyway protective instinct is capped with my HP.

heals progression never works the same way as damage. Because players don't have as much HP as mobs.

1% potency should be less effective for heals than for damage. doesn't matter, there's still progression anyway
    Scalo likes this.