Increase % of health gamewide

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Airvh, Dec 10, 2017.

1. Melt Actually plays the game

we have a fury solo healing our group in raids... haven't seen any issues so far
  2. Earar Well-Known Member

did u kill all PoP T1s yet ?
  3. Melt Actually plays the game

Have done all of PoD and PoI, haven't done torden yet
  4. Earar Well-Known Member

I could be wrong, but I'd like you to to tell me how it went when u finish all T1 mobs.
  5. Mermut Well-Known Member

Did your raid hit T4 last expac? That pretty much seems to be the tipping point. Raids hard-core enough to be fully or mostly t4 geared have no problems. Raid that are using all PoP gear.. that's not so smooth.
  6. Melt Actually plays the game

Heroic gear is better than T4. Also, we only cleared Territus. Still hitting Baliath regularly.
  7. Beyoncia Well-Known Member

Inovation T1 is solo healable by any priest, so is Decease, for wolves in bastion you'd better get wards, though it's manageble without them. For Ro Tower ,right now, you absolutely need two healers per group, or some insane defiler.
  8. Mermut Well-Known Member

Any priest can solo heal a well-geared or over-geared group. Druids cannot solo heal groups that meet the resolve requirements but don't have 25m+ hitpoints without people getting one shot by some of the boss mobs AoEs.
    Note: Such groups are also not killing the mobs at lightning speed. So the AoEs hit longer and grow bigger.
  9. Earar Well-Known Member

u can but the group needs to follow the script.

shamans can bypass the script .. we can't
  10. Clintsat Well-Known Member

This right here. I like to think of myself as a very good Fury but the AE in some of the raids just flat out kills members of my group even with cheetah up.
  11. Melt Actually plays the game

Oh no, a group has to be geared enough to not instantly die to get healed? How unfortunate.
    Fairin and Earar like this.
  12. Mermut Well-Known Member

When resolve, which is supposed to be the 'must be big enough to survive this zone' measurement isn't sufficient to determine if people are geared enough to survive the zone.. then something is out of whack.
    Running the sig line and all 3 of the faction lines will not get a toon to 25m health. I'm not sure how people CAN get there with just PoP gear. PG adorns are not PoP gear and players should not be expected to grind out PGs to get sufficient health to run T1 heroic zones, nor should players be expected to by loot rights to heroic gear to do the zones that gear comes from. 75%+ of the gear from the PQs are exactly the same as solo instance gear, so that is no help either

For the record, my toons DO have PG adorns and sufficient health. The point isn't 'me'... it's players starting in PoP.
    Right now it is 'have everybody in the group have 25m+ health, have 1-shots to AoEs or go home for druids. All other (equivalently skilled and geared) healers can keep groups alive with less health in the same zones.
  13. duckster Active Member

Templars would disagree with the defiler part.

Having a guard is likely to help also if thats the tank in group.
    Daalilama likes this.
  14. Daalilama Well-Known Member

Hmm I think we would at that.
  15. Earar Well-Known Member

and in which zone do u have issue ? to me the only mob who can cause issue in T1 is gearclaw (just need to figure out the script to diminish damage). I don't see any other T1 mobs (only 4 zones anyway) that cause issue.

but no .. u cannot do any content with any group setup .. especially if the setup cannot burst mobs. U need a proper group ... not just tank heal, but at least mage for dispell, mana feeder also, damage booster ?

for T2, u start to need better health indeed
  16. Mermut Well-Known Member

I know the script on Gearclaw.. dispel him after you turn the key. And as a warden, I am a mana feed... a better one then my coercer, actually. Crusaders and rogues can dispel and troubs can power-drain.
    Groups that meet the resolve requirements and have the 35-40k potency that gear gives, can still fall in the 'AoEs one-shot' range as far as health goes, even doing the strats.
    I'm mostly talking about t1 heroics... zones people SHOULD be able to go in with only gear from PoM soloes and people can easily meet the resolve requirements doing that. But, as noted, meeting that requirement isn't the 'you must be this tall to survive' meter stick it's supposed to be. Gear that gets you to the resolve mins does not come close to getting you to the health mins for some of the (t1) fights.
    For T2 heroics, people should gear up in T1 first; if they don't, then, yeah, things are, rightfully and expectadly, rough.
  17. Earar Well-Known Member

still --> you should be adorned.

those slots aren't just to be pretty. Adorns are part of gear now ... and if people run adornfree .. or with outdated adorns, it's their own fault.
    resolve is one of many checks; But having enough resolve doesn't mean things will go like a breeze. and you say fightS. Which fights ?
    in tower breech ... it's all easy except wind wall guy, but it's script.
    In mask of marvelous, only gearclaw can be a pain
    in obsidian core, no real big damage threat, only fail script kills u
    in Outbreak ... same .. it's script. Only one that sometimes causes issue is the ooze that OS u with disease (certainly scripted or bug ??)

so which fightS ?

because you have same thing in T2. Some fights require enough HP or u may die from AoEs .. even with enough resolve.

It makes some challenges and give you a marge of progression. If a barrely T2 res check guy could do all T2s without fear of dying, then it means the T2s are not hard enough.
    You die ? then it means u need better stuff .. and each time you come back and you'll die less. That's logical to me.
  18. Mermut Well-Known Member

-I- am not dying, my tank is not dying, I keep pointing that out. I know the strats and perform them.

Gearclaw is an example of 'people don't have enough health' = druid can do jack all to keep them alive. And, YES, we're doing the strat.

How, exactly, are people supposed to have all those oranges slots filled when they go into T1 zones?
    Currently available/craftable adorns do not give any health boosts worth mentioning and the new ones (once the recipes are actually IN game.. require manas, which, again, nobody starting T1 heroics will be able to get for themselves.

I cannot PuG on my warden because it's a crap shot whether any particular group will have enough hitpoints for me to keep them alive. and, since I"m the healer, it's 'my fault', especially since most healers CAN heal those groups.

Please tell me how players are supposed to get to 25m health w/o PG adorns for their first T1 zones?
  19. Earar Well-Known Member

I wasn't talking about your health but your group's health. and group's gear. same for strat. U may know the start ... does the group know ... Do they follow the strat .. or just they grouped with OP geared people once who burned it, so they think they can do the same ?

then YOU decide that it's YOUR fault.

I did the source with an illu who had 13 million HP ... He knew very well he was gonna die at almost any AoE. It's not my fault that I cannot keep an undergeared toon alive.
    I don't do miracles, I just heal.

If you want to keep your group alive no matter what, just group with people who have 20+ million health.

how ? PG .. u get lvl 1 white adorns ? put every point u can in health, infuse gear, enhanced vigor, scroll of prowess.

or they die but it's ok as long as u can finish the zone, and .. they'll gear up slowly anyway (already finished named with 3 people, they died .. I wanted to rez them but with the pulse they kept dying, so can't do anything)
  20. Kari Well-Known Member

Some dps may need to compromise by putting on hp gear and specking for hp and the self ward. They may not want to give up their dps gear and spec, but if they want to run zones without adorns and under-geared, they will have to compromise in order to survive.

Even elite dps may occasionally need to compromise; my necro friend who has tons of hp has to take off her heritage quest necklace for certain fights due to the increased damage and power drain.