INC Nerf

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-Thakar, May 9, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Wulgryth Guest

I don't mind the DPS nerfs...except that they are coupled with a fear nerf...as a PvPer, it's my absolute favorite spell...
  2. ARCHIVED-Jvaloth Guest

Ya I'm impressed with the necro's response. Must be the Freeport connection, growing up in the streets under the Overlord's tyranny made you folks stone cold killers, not easily phased. Meanwhile the Qeynos based conjurors are freaking out.

Message Edited by Jvaloth on 05-11-2006 01:32 PM
  3. ARCHIVED-Deila Guest

A lot of us still remember the days from launch until LU13. Those were the dark times. This is nothing. :)
  4. ARCHIVED-Sturmkampfer Guest

I'm a lvl 56 Necro on pvp server and have never been impressed at all with my abilities.
    Ok, i could solo quite well but it seems this is getting more and more hard as i'm lvling.
    We have pets, but we need time to kill mobs...At lvl 56, i can't even kill a 51+++ mob, or when i'm able to, this leaves me completely out of life and with a dead pet.
    I've seen a lvl 55+ mage soloing, and with their outstanding damage, they can cripple tough enemies down before even beeing hit.
    Imo, the best solo class is by far the coercer.
    I've seen a lvl 30 coercer soloing 33+++ golems in Runny! And this is true at higher lvls.
    This is overpowered! m not crying for a nerf, i just think developpers should try and play a necro to realize that we are not overpowered at all.
    Ok we can do fair dmg in group situations, but in a raid we are quite useless...Our dmg pets die so fast and it takes soo long to resummon them that we are easily outdamaged by other mage classes (ok we have an AA line to prevent zone dmg, but if this is a must have, will i ever suck if i went another AA line?).
    I would not like to be the mana bank in groups if our dmg got nerfed.
    When i play my zerk, I always prefer to have a real mage or assassin in the group for their dmg and finishing spells like Ice comet.
    Please, SOE i've spent tons of hours on my toon (thinking about lvl 70 necros here too) and i have no time for another reroll.
    If we become useless, i'll not reroll another, i will just leave (with regret) but leave anyway.
  5. ARCHIVED-Druzgotek Guest

Lol, the nerf is not thought out at all, they just looked at most used pets, which are scout and tank pet, and nerfed skill damage on both. Why would they nerf tank pet's skill damage if they were thinking? Did anyone use tank pet on a raid and still was tier 1 damage? I think not, lol. Now tank pet will hold aggro even worse.
  6. ARCHIVED-Cronostrike Guest

You know what? I hope they nerf it to hell that way I can just move on to another character, I am tired of these nerfings *posts* every 2 or so LU.
    There is something I have to ask, before LU13 Necromancers were junk then after LU13 they were great and ever since they been getting nerfed back bit by bit, I think this last nerf will put it right from were we started, the question is why doing that nice upgrade just to put it back before LU13?, boggles the mind.
  7. ARCHIVED-Druzgotek Guest

Maybe they did not want the remaining necros to quit. Right now there is nothing new to quit for. My inquisitor got nerfed, I picked a class that seemed fun, I did nto even have any idea they parsed high in raids, lol. This pretty much proves to me that whatever I pick will be nerfed down the line.
    Hell, I dont even care for the scout pet (which will be pos now), but they nerfed my most used pet - tank, too. It pisses me off more, cause that pet should be buffed if anything, not necessarily in damage, I would be happy if it just taunted better, unfortunately now it will do even less damage and therfore its aggo will be lower. bah!
  8. ARCHIVED-Kski93 Guest

THE SKY IS FALLING! THE SKY IS FALLING!

If average wizard dps is 1k and we are going to be doing less then that, I guess that means were going to be doing 800 maybe 900 which is deffinatly [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn]ty. Call me crazy but i dont think our utility compensate for the dmg we'll be doing. We have THE worst rez in the game, it's on a 1min timer, and rezes you with barely any health/power. Its long range is the only good thing about it, but how often does that come in to play. Our root sucks our heals are pathetic our charm undead is totally useless in T7 and even in T6 it broke so often it wasn't even worth using. Oh i forgot about our AA's well those yea i think everyone knows that they are pretty terrible in comparison to other classes.

Where did SOE get the information that we can solo better then wizards/warlocks/bruisers/monk. Last time i checked our tank pet(if you wanna call it that) had barely any mit and got the [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] beat out of it. He does have12k hp thats good right? Welllllllllll no not when your biggest heal only moves the pets HP like 5%. The stupid thing can still barely hold agro. The mage pet runs into the mobs still. I don't understand why they took out the root pet AA that they were gonna give us, i guess that's to good and would make the pet more useable.

If you couldn't tell i'm pretty bitter, most classes get to enjoy Live Updates, nope not necros we fear them and try to avoid them like the plague.
  9. ARCHIVED-Gargamel Guest

They're balancing Necros using (raid mobs VS adept3 pet) as their 'baseline'... tough times for solo or any non-raiding necros.
  10. ARCHIVED-Articulas Guest

have we heard how the testers are faring yet?