INC Nerf

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-Thakar, May 9, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Thakar Guest

It's that time again! Time for a new round of Summoner nerfs.
  2. ARCHIVED-Deila Guest

Heheh, yeps, looks like it's time. BUT - before anyone panics, let's see what happens.
    Looks to me like they're adjusting pet CAs (probably assassin pet, though warlock spells may have also been looked at), and my guess is adjustments to DPS and haste mods from pet buffs.
    We don't have LU24 on Test just yet - we're expecting it any time though. I've screenshotted all my pet abilities and persona windows, as well as all pet buffs, so I can compare now with later. Unfortunately, no pet or pet buff masters for me - things are much harder to come by on Test with the overall lower population, but at least we'll have a same-quality before and after look. All adept III, except for Grim Heretic at adept I (just can't seem to get advanced Sage 61 to drop for me, or it'd be adept III as well).
  3. ARCHIVED-Thakar Guest

This is SOE...of course they'll go overboard with the nerfs. Well....at least it'll drive a good number of Summoners to quit so, more loot for me I suppose.
  4. ARCHIVED-Deila Guest

Eh, not sure yet. I can't really compare the hit Rangers took here necessarily, since proc damage is often multiplicative, and more complex, than the way our pets deal damage which is more linear. Simpler system, so it seems that it'd be easier to adjust predictably.
    As I said though, I have no idea yet what changes have been made until LU24 patches to Test. I'll look when it does. If it's bad, then you may all panic. :) Until then though, hang tight. May just be some minor adjustments. No idea yet.
  5. ARCHIVED-prince_sd Guest

Rangers got the good end of soe nerf stick.

Our dps is being put below wizards !! wizards for christ sake .. wizards do t3 dps right now.
  6. ARCHIVED-BtilTheMage Guest

"Rangers got the good end of soe nerf stick.

Our dps is being put below wizards !! wizards for christ sake .. wizards do t3 dps right now."

Don't worry, you'll still beat Warlocks on single target(99.99% of) DPS!
  7. ARCHIVED-Errie_Tholluxe Guest

I look forward to a post from you with screenies letting us know :smileywink: Thanks Delia
  8. ARCHIVED-evhallion Guest

I get the feeling this may hurt a bit.....
  9. ARCHIVED-Uanelven Guest

The amount of hurt that is inflicted is yet to be seen but this will be a significant hit. Trying to soften the blow in a post like that tells me this really.
    Message Edited by Uanelven on 05-10-2006 04:21 AM
  10. ARCHIVED-KBern Guest

Overall this was expected and I am not freaking out, but this part makes me laugh and shows how much they really dont know what other classes can do.
    We are beat in this category by beserkers, bruisers, monks, wizards and warlocks....and even wardens on some typs of mobs.
    But in the long run, I have a hard time not pulling agro on raids with my DPS. Nothing I can do, even with amends last night I was just killing the Paladin lol
    So I think as long as we are not hammered with the nerf bat, and just nudged as they say.....it is not so bad.
  11. ARCHIVED-KBern Guest

Thank you Deila, keep us up to date. :smileyhappy:
  12. ARCHIVED-Jalek Guest

13. ARCHIVED-KBern Guest

I temporarily changed my last name on the raid last night to Saurakk Dorfkillah :smileytongue:
  14. ARCHIVED-Barobrain Guest

Wizards are not T3
  15. ARCHIVED-Errie_Tholluxe Guest

Lol when the man has Illusionist in his sig, trust me he knows what he's talking about :smileyvery-happy:
  16. ARCHIVED-KBern Guest

BAH he is just trying to hide his uber illusionist DPS!!11~
    :smileywink:
    ^^
    Winky face...winky face....
  17. ARCHIVED-Barobrain Guest

Actually with help I can be uber. But by myself ya its kind of sad.

But man I love a troub in my group. was parsing 1k-1.5k parses last night in raid with the troub. That one skill that makes every spell a proc roxorz your boxorz.
  18. ARCHIVED-BtilTheMage Guest

"Wizards are not T3 "

I didn't say they were, it was a response. I type in red, not white!
  19. ARCHIVED-Barobrain Guest

I apologize I did actually mean to hit reply on the previous person.
  20. ARCHIVED-Steven987 Guest

Currently, Conjurers and Necromancers are a very powerful class that can deliver the most consistent damage in the shortest amount of time and can solo more powerful encounters than most other classes.

Is it just me or is that statment false for necs. I can outdps my entire raid on epic mobs that take forever to kill but when it comes to grp enconters who die fast i barely get a spell off. Necros to me only do very high dmg only on long encounters and for pvp we suck big time.

Also for the second part that we can solo more powerful encounters i dont see as true either for my nec anyway. I got a 55nec on pvp server and was trying to solo the 51 ^^^ heroics in living tombs to spawn the named for the staff and i got owned so fast. Pet gets hit so hard and i got to constantly heal him killing myself. I also have a 60conj on pve serer and he can do some insane amount of dps with all my pet procs up. Also my conj solos heroics even con to him easy.

Also on my 60 monk i solo even con and yellow heroics ^^^ so easy its not even funny yet they wanna nerf summoners and allow monks to be easily the best class since soe doesnt do anything to monks but make them better. Just my thoughts summoners are nowhere near be overpowered imo