INC Nerf

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-Thakar, May 9, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Tallika_Runwithbears Guest

i like how calm we are compared to other classes. if something like this happened elsewhere you'd think they were anticipating the end of the world...

whereas here we are all laid back with just a little bit of nervious anticipation.

ok and a reasonable amount of dread while we wait for the other shoe to drop.
  2. ARCHIVED-danup Guest

I don't get where's the problem to nerf us more.

Do we solo better? We can do some soloing, hell yeah, dear devs we are a PET CLASS, in case u didn't noticed yet that means the pet takes damage we stay more or less alive doing dmg to the mobs, so we have some advantage to solo. OK! you made our pets to become paper dolls, a pet cannot hold a ^^^ heroic at similar lvl than us, so it hightly nerfed our "advantage", for non ^^^ heroics he can (sometimes) survive, does it really unbalance? I've seen wizards, warlocks, wardens, bruisers and coercer soloing in a way i cant even dream about. Do I whine about it? No, I don't. I assumed that I'm a DPS class with some soloing posibilities (like many other classes in the game). And our DPS comes mainly from the pet dmg, our dots are not kinda uber dps.. the only way do make nice dmg is tapping the mobs (for 1500 at m2)
    As many ppl said, yes in long fights we can do a lot of dmg, but in usual groups y can barely land 2 dots and 1 tap, and yeah my pet does pretty more dmg than me.
    I agree conjurors were overpowered at the begining of the game, but that was solved long time ago for christ shake, it's getting really anoying to be always waiting for new nerfs. I don¡t care if a wiz or whatever can make more dmg than me, I just want to know my way to play and my abilities will be the ones I have, and I want to be useful for the group, so instead of be EverBalancing2 (I still remembering in EQ1 you are still balancing classes) I would advice you to look for the real problems in the game, and the supposed to be non intended things on game. And please respect the roles of the classes in the game.
  3. ARCHIVED-Barobrain Guest

My guess is Sony wants to nerf every class until no one is able to solo heroics. :smileyhappy:
  4. ARCHIVED-Zerp Guest

Necros own the nerfbat.
  5. ARCHIVED-Deila Guest

Yeah, the waiting's the hardest part. No idea to what degree changes will come, and only speculation. Wild speculation, in the case of some (especially non-summoners). Gotta love those dev posts that say 'you're being nerfed', but won't specify how much. :smileysurprised:
    Patience, Necromancers. Might be bad, might not. No sense in getting into a panic until we see something. Tell you what though - second thing I'll be doing (right after I get the screenies of the adjusted pet abilities, buffs, etc. to show you all) is running my tank pet through his paces of things I've been able up to now to solo with a good fight to see how he's been affected.
  6. ARCHIVED-Allowen Guest

I belive this change will hurt the conjurros more then it wil ldo on necros because their pets can do a bit more dps,tank a bit better then undying dreadnout, uber pet buffs like he mitigatio ngrou pbuff that raises 20defense(probably will get nefred) and their ancient lv 65 spell.
    What bothers me is not the reduce on pet s dps but also is that they might tank even worst if was nto enough pets having super low resisatace then after LU 24 even poor fighter pet will die to the 1st mob that does aoe magical spell.
    Welcome back to EQ1 it seems where our spectre pets could barely tank some thing, we had to raise hp/avoidance/mitigation on ourselves if we wanted to solo tank some mobs,that coul;d summon and stuff like that..Pet no way could do much on high end raids, and kept dieing ....
    I recommend for necros in here that are used to only solo mobs using warrior pet that they start to pratice doing that with scout or mage pet and spend some aa skills on avoidance(parry/cabalist cover) and raise critical hits and get priority on master spells that can heal so we will still be able to solo well, we wil ltank mobs when our super weak pets cant.
    Btw since they will nerf pets I would ask that they could make necro pet nightshade master 1 a bit less ultra rare because as far as I know on most servers there are aroudn 15 lv 60 pets for 1 nightshade. This is not fair !

Allowen
    necromancer of MM server
    Lords of the triple moons
  7. ARCHIVED-Supa Mint Flava Guest

Am very curious about the degree to which the nerf will affect conjuror vs. necro. Also, SOE has a habit of announcing changes that come out entirely different as intended. I still remember when the big combat revamp was supposed to be mage>scout>tank>priest in terms of DPS. Talk about liberal exceptions to the rule (I have a 70 dirge as well....sad dps; we won't even talk about solo ability).

Probably the most frustrating part of being nerfed is that it can change the degree of enjoyment of a toon that you've spent an incredibly amount of time developing. But, guess that's one of the things we all know can and does happen. Still isn't any fun.

I switched from necro to Defiler for raiding anyway <g>.
  8. ARCHIVED-ShadowDragon32 Guest

Im hoping the nerf isn't too bad. If it is then I might try that new game coming out called Vanguard. The more i read about this game the more i think it could be a superpower in the MMORPG arena. IMO it gets kinda old when the SOE development team continues to dumb down the classes. Takes the fun out of it. Good Luck...
  9. ARCHIVED-Errie_Tholluxe Guest

Hey ! Get station pass and you can still even pop in on EQ2 to see whether it got better ! :smileyvery-happy:
  10. ARCHIVED-Thakar Guest

Probably because we've been through this many times before and will go through it more in the future...SOE has a history of nerfing Necromancers. We eventually just sulk in bitter silence and replace the image files of various mobs with pictures of the devs.
  11. ARCHIVED-FTL Guest

I can understand in some ways why they think we need to be nerfed, although one thing that does annoy me is this whole tier system, if we meant to be lower down, then why the heck wasnt it done when they revamped combat changes, also where are illusionists on this whole tier system, reason i ask, is that illusionist on raid out dps alot of classes and i mean wizz/warlocks and even me alot of time, so are they meant to be the uber tier class?

The whole problem with a nerf on any class shows that soe have a severe lack of balance when releasing anything to everquest 2, i thought the whole point of a beta was to sort problems like this out.
  12. ARCHIVED-boveele Guest

Honestly, this is something that was needed... so.. I keep telling myself.

In EQ1 the necros were nerfed to the point where you rarely even saw a necro playing.

And here in EQ2 many of the necromancers I have played with over these many months have left from all the previous nerfs.

I dont mind change. I hate how change effects my friends.

Knowing that the people I play and enjoy the game with look on as I out dmg them in every long fight. Must be the main reason for this. We can generate a large ammount of damage, over time mind you. Thus causing those with parsers to see the necros at the top concistently. Were pet classes, were going to be on top of the dmg totem pole. In the other games that have pet classes after several waves of nerfs over the years, the pet classes suffer under the short sighted views of the various situations.

I look at it this way, in game currently, as we are. On a short durration fight, we as necros are slow to put down the hammer. As for long duration fights, we can melt steel with enough heat and time from a necro, cutting any mob down over time. So as it stands, we are effective above and beyond others for over time dmg, and were being compared to others who are casters for short duration burst fights. And to compare us to wizards. What an odd situation, dull the blade of the summoners, not think of the course of actions to improve the Wizards DPS. In a raid event I have noticed more and more the mobs take longer to take down, if not more frequently raid wipes. If they take away our Over time DPS, this will effect the overall raid situation for all raid endevors. The changes should be focused on improving the dmg done of the other caster classes, not in degrading the performance of our classes.

All in all, nothing we say will make a change in the situation as is. The decision has been made, we are being taken down notches on the bar of performance, and as history will repeat itself, my friends will leave again for another game. Yeah... more loot for me. But I like the company of my fellow necros. So I sit and login and look forward to these changes, hopeful that they will not draw off the friends left I look forward to playing with. So be it, let the weather of change come and wash over our class yet again.

Who is our advocate at Sony? Who do we write and tell about how we feel about this situation? Where do we voice our discontent with what is proposed?

And the time ticks by awaiting the news of what is to come.

Wishfully, I pray this is a light change, and not as drastic as the previous changes... nerfs... reductions.
  13. ARCHIVED-armus550 Guest

I think there's plenty of reason to panic. The nerfs always hert us in some way and I firmly believe SOE doesnt care so long as the wizards stop complaining. We generated 3 threads of 200+ posts about the dumbfires and that happened. We took a hp nerf on our pets and that was never fixed. We took a hp nerf on our dumbfires that made them nearly useless. Our class defining spell - lich - took a nerf with the "balance" of increasing our long casting AE by 20 damage per tick.
    As for utility, our snare wasn't upgraded, our heal is so minor it doesn't move a tank's hp 4 percent, our mana stones were nerfed, our control undead affects nothing in t7, our pet heal is a joke, out caster pet runs into every AE it can once it's spells are cycling making it die and useless, undead tide sounds nice but doesnt work right, lots of raid mobs are completely immune to disease (tarinax) unlike SOE's promise, and our AA lines blow chunks.
    the good things, feign death rocks - absolutely, so long as no AE gets ya. raise dead, yes. good ability with only drawback a 1 min recast. umm, we got these cool water breathing rocks and invis although most things see invis, and we can summon our pets because SOE couldn't figure a way out to fix that issue.
    I'm playing alot on pvp these days and I'm not a necro on there. Armus on Lucan is my first and only necro because I believe SOE is out to destroy us at the behest of whiny sorcerers who point at that [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] tier tree every time they feel inferior. Last time I looked, wizards actually had utility (evac, mana feeds, teleport, invis, anti-agro spell we wish we had). I don't think my opinion or the opinions of anyone on here will matter but Vanguard is coming. just hold on to that thought
    Message Edited by armus550 on 05-10-2006 06:43 PM
  14. ARCHIVED-Slaymacht Guest

Please i dont wanna be a mana battery like i was in EQ1, the guild i was in had me stand in the corner and just feed the cleric with mana the whole raid.

Also i dont understand why a person who raids would want to nerf another classes damage, who cares who does the most damage, as long as the raid mob dies.
  15. ARCHIVED-Jason1der Guest

I for one am calling it quits after this nerf. No matter how small or how big this nerf is. I agree with what every necro has said. We sucked it up every nerf and just kept moving forward. But where does it end? SOE wont quit nerfing necros until theres 5 idiots on each server that just want to be the only necros around even though we will suck. I cant wait for Vanguard, everyday I hear more and more good about it. Thank you SOE for the fun time you provided me but quit nerfing classes. Think of ways to improve another class instead of just hitting the nerf button. I've had enough of the nerfs.. too many of them to count. SOE wont get a penny from me anymore!
  16. ARCHIVED-Rousso Guest

I started my necro cause the wizzard was so badly gimped I couldnt take it anymore. Instead of fixing wizzards SOE has decided to make summoners suck even worse.
    Great - now both classes will just blow. Not many people playing coercers - maybe SOE wont [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] them up too bad. Guess that is my next move.
  17. ARCHIVED-shadyshabby Guest

Good point... Not exactly the most elequent way to express it though.
  18. ARCHIVED-Rousso Guest

There is a certain elegant simplicity in blunt language at times.
    This from the wizzard boards - re do you (wizards) feel like you are top DPS:
    "I've parsed as high as 3700 dps in a minute long encounter against large groups of mobs. Not all fights are perfect, there are some fights where I'm down around 600, but most I average at least 1k dps. I've been there with a Conjuror, Necro, and Warlock all going all out against group mobs and still taken top dps away from the fight...

*shrug*

I'm just not seeing any problems..."
    SOE nerfing us is an unnecessary screwjob
    [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] 'em.
  19. ARCHIVED-shadyshabby Guest

Well said... First long post i've read through in awhile.
  20. ARCHIVED-Jalek Guest

I couldnt really care less about dps output changes, it was something that was going to happen a while back but got put off. The main annoyance is the rangers/wizards etc flying round like vultures. The thing i really hate is we still havent had specifics of the change so we just dont know what we will be like afterwards, if they are going to announce things like this they need to give us specifics to stop the speculation as atm id rather just see it go live and get it over with so i can see how to adapt.

As for those looking to go to vanguard, hang around get station access and then play this and Vanguard when its out as its being hosted and run (but not developed) by SOE.