Illegible pages are still not dropping in PoP

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Xellium, Jun 2, 2018.

1. Mermut Well-Known Member

yeah... 1/4 chance to drop 1 adept page... not master... adept.. 1 of 10.... to be split between 24 people and lots and lots of arts :p
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  2. Xellium Active Member

I was being sarcastic, were getting pages to drop off of T4 raid mobs and it made me laugh.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  3. Tekka Well-Known Member

It really sucks for the folks that need them, especially when not a single member of The Team can even be bothered acknowledge that there IS a problem, let alone what's being done to fix it (nothing).

I feel for you guys, but at this point (given the nature of several other threads) I'm buying stock in popcorn.

\***/ \***/ \***/
    Mizgamer62, Meneltel and Rhodris like this.
  4. Mermut Well-Known Member

So are we... and they're adept pages ;)
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  5. Gillymann Abusive Relationships Aren't Healthy. J S.

I believe you are being optimistic.

I'm confident promises related to pages were always intended to be cosmetic ones. The fact they aren't responding in any form is useful information in itself.
  6. Doomravin Well-Known Member

Yup,
    This thread really has been going for almost two months now

A group of ours recently received one adept page off a boss mob chest in an expert t1 zone. That's one page in about 50 to 70 zones (at least) that I've seen a single page drop in current content

Also saw one from a T2 raid mob

This is beyond insulting, and when taken into consideration with the patch notes, is starting to scream customer contempt and corporate greed.

It's blatantly obvious that any patch note claims about pages dropping are to be taken as untrue
  7. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Used to play a table top RP game. Had a game master, while very imaginative and entertaining, tended to focus on a few of the players and the other players were spear carriers to the stars, and always the same star players. I would talk to him in private and express my concerns (and boredom) and he would promise me a storyline or something else... but never happened. Eventually I quit. I don't live in his town anymore and have no idea how he is doing, but I presume he is going on as he was. If someone cant keep their promises, I tend not to rely on or trust their word after they have proven unreliable. If im having enough fun, I would stay, but still be unhappy.
  8. Ruckus Well-Known Member

Glad I didn't jump on that Steam sale, because Pillars of Eternity 1 was free on Amazon Prime this week. /skips off
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  9. Minimme Member

I came back recently to live server and almost first thing that i've been told is that i need to gather and craft 12 items from 4 rare per item that drops in heroic/experts/events from last named chest. After this step you get mount reward and pages will start to drop at descent rate. Is it true?
  10. Xellium Active Member

Your talking about Celestial Teachings, which can be used to make 11 - 15 ascension spells.
    This thread is about illegible scroll pages used to make 1 - 10 ascension spells (Adept and Master only).
    But they are not dropping.
    Even though almost 2 months ago the patch notes claimed they would be dripping out of daily quest crates.

So anyone looking to upgrade 1 - 10 by playing current content is out of luck.
    So sorry, so sad, suck it up, too bad.
    Mizgamer62 and Meneltel like this.
  11. Xellium Active Member

54 days since the patch notes and this is still not working.
  12. EmJay Well-Known Member

Well, the pages are dropping from mob chests in expert zones...very rarely, but they are dropping. Definitely NOT dropping from any daily mission crate as stated in the patch notes so long ago.
  13. Flatline Well-Known Member

Simple solution (probably in here already but i didnt read it all so yeah)

Make recipe books for Tiers 1-10 and add celestial teachings for those - hell, make the celestial teachings pages be NON Spell specific just class - ie Celestial teachings Geomancer 1-10 or some such ... chose what you want if you get one... as long as you got the recipe book that is :)
    Revanu likes this.
  14. Xellium Active Member

61 days, still no pages drop from PoP daily quests...
  15. SteveB Active Member

I saw one dropping a few days ago in our PoP Raid on a T1 Mob if I recall correctly.
  16. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Brought this up every week in the Community Round Table as well, with no response on it. Assuming it's intended and just they don't want to say so.
    Sigrdrifa and Gillymann like this.
  17. Gillymann Abusive Relationships Aren't Healthy. J S.

^ This.

Really suprised there are people still going on about this topic.
  18. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Im not. Promises made should be kept. If we have to nag them to carry out their promises... well, then nag we must! And maybe they wont make promises in the future. If there is one...
  19. Kander Developer

We'll be looking at this today and checking/confirming numbers. We're getting the GU out next week, thanks for everyone being patient.
    Meneltel and Sigrdrifa like this.
  20. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Better late than never. Not that it means much to me, as I don't do many runs, but it means much to others. We will wait to hear your report, if you will pass one on to us.