Illegible pages are still not dropping in PoP

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Xellium, Jun 2, 2018.

1. Dannni Active Member

I had 2 of the recipes quite some time ago then never had them again from the weeklys, maybe they could have been broken.
  2. Xellium Active Member

I've seen master recipes only, no adept ones.
    And haven't seen any since the fort week.
    This is all very aggravating.
  3. Gillymann Abusive Relationships Aren't Healthy. J S.

If we know what someone wants, and we know how they prefer to go about it, then we can predict with reasonable confidence what our expectations should be.

We know DBG wants cash shop revenue. We also know that ascension progression has been designed to accomplish this. Furthermore, it is reasonable to consider that more frequent drops of higher level recipies is merely bait designed to motivate sales for spell research underneath those tiers.

So, I suspect peeps got some window dressing to keep them hanging in there until November. But given drop rates, progression mechanics, and opportunities limited to once per week (if that is indeed the case), then nothing has really fundamentally changed.

As we move through summer and people realize they do not have enough opportunities remaining to gather what they need, I won't be hard to imagine three behaviors from customers:

1. People give up and buy progression.
    2. People become frustrated and angry, and stop playing.
    3. People resolve to let it go and maybe keep farming these zones next year.

When evaluating information from people (and organizations), it is generally wise to be skeptical of what they say, and attach more credibility to what you observe they tend to do.
    Rhodris, Tkia, Tekka and 1 other person like this.
  4. Mindsway Well-Known Member

I saw one drop but it was a recipe and not an actual scroll. Honestly they need to change it to the 11-15 system, where one page can get you a level instead of 10 that we never see.
  5. Tekka Well-Known Member

Yeah, I think so, as well.

The note says 'illegible scroll'. Nothing there to suggest or interpret, unless you read into it something that's not there.

One would think it refers to the drop that was actually broken (not just sparse).
  6. Stingray427 New Member

Agreed. The pages and recipe system is Terrible and the level 1 and 5 potency upgrades for each ascension needs to be the ultra rare drop of say .00000000000000000000000001% chance to drop.

The whole ascension system takes way too long to level up a single one that it needs to be made account wide period. It would add some replay value to the game, because it really sucks being strapped down to playing the same one time after time after time because the other ones are so much lower in level that they are not as viable to play.
    Mindsway likes this.
  7. Xellium Active Member

Finally got one to drop in PoP content.
    It dropped out of a chest in PoD Outbreak, the cube dropped it.
    I've ran a lot of zones and finished a lot of weeklies/dailies, these are RARE. More rare than master drops by far.

Please for the love of god, reconsider your ascension 1-10 system. Its sooooooo wrong.
  8. Mermut Well-Known Member

And dropping out of mob chests is STILL not dropping out of 'mission crates' as the patch notes (both originally and in the weeks later 'fix' patch) specify....
    Mizgamer62, Meneltel, Rhodris and 2 others like this.
  9. Xellium Active Member

Another update and STILL NOT WORKING as advertised...
  10. Scalo Active Member

if they are to fix something urgently, then higher priority would be the bug that allows cheaters to put a krono on the broker in a way, that the krono cannot be bought, thus locking the price for themselves to automatically buy off all cheaper ones :]
  11. Xellium Active Member

This has been a problem for many weeks now, I assure you they are showing no urgency to address, it or even acknowledge it.
    Tekka and Meneltel like this.
  12. Ruckus Well-Known Member

I rarely missed a day during the ethereal coin months the past 2 years, because the change to how they rewarded us by at least getting coins to buy the items from the NPC made it worth it for me to keep playing. The prior years were horrible with the % of drop rate on ethereal items, and I pretty much wasted my whole summer grinding zones with friends to get 0 scout drops to happen.

The whole "pay to win" with Ascensions and masters-grandmasters-ancients leveling...yeah...we've all heard/said our gripes on this. Not going to add more to that rehashing.

Fast forward to now. I've pretty much given up on this game, and my number of broker purchased kronos have gone from 6 to 5 to 4 in my wallet. They have 4 more months to impress me, but all I see is continued disappointment at the rate things are going. I have enough plat on my toon to play this game "for free" (no monthly sub from my real life wallet) until it sunsets if I felt like purchasing more kronos for ~1.5 million plat, and the only time I pay DBG is to buy the cheapest expansion they put out (around $35-40*). It's to the point that I can finally say that this feels like a 2nd job to mindlessly grind this game for very little reward and fun.

The joy of raiding is gone for several reasons that I won't bother to list out here. It's beyond the issues with the swashbuckler class and the value that it adds to a high end raid guild (debuffs not valued like a brigand's and not putting out T1 DPS like a ranger).

*Steam sale happening this week can get me 2 games that I've had my eye on for awhile now for this $35-40, unfortunately, they are solo-based games and I do prefer playing RPGMMO-style games with friends that I've made in EQ2 since 2004. The number of friends who keep logging in is down to like 4 now compared to the way it used to be when there were like 20 friends.
    Mizgamer62, Stach, Rhodris and 2 others like this.
  13. Xellium Active Member

Another update and no mention of a fix.

May 23 patch notes; (40 days ago)
    -
    Level 1 through 10 Adept and Master recipe scrolls are now rewarded by Weekly Planar Mission Reward Crates.
    -Illegible Scroll Pages are now rewarded by daily Planar Mission Reward Crates.

But.....
    ONLY Master Recipe Scrolls are dropping out of the
    Weekly Planar Mission Reward Crates
    NO Adept Recipe Scrolls are dropping
    out of the
    Weekly Planar Mission Reward Crates
    NIETHER the Adept or Master Illegible Scroll Pages are dropping out of the D
    aily Planar Mission Reward Crates.

Clearly things are not functioning as intended, please fix it.
    Mizgamer62, Tekka and Mermut like this.
  14. semisus Does not play this game

this is beyond a joke now , either make it so you only need 1 page or put your act together and put these in already and not as a super rare drop . running the ethereal coins every day this week ive seen 3 masters but 0 pages
    Mizgamer62, Meneltel, Rhodris and 2 others like this.
  15. Xellium Active Member

My post was deleted.
    47 days and no fix.
    Not happy with this company at all at this point.
    Meneltel likes this.
  16. Dude Well-Known Member

So leave. I don't mean that to be rude, I'm just saying that at this point, the company is what it is and won't be changing. If you like the way the game is going, then that's a good thing. If you don't like the way the game is going, it's not. Your choices really are keep playing or not.
    Rhodris, Gillymann and Meneltel like this.
  17. Xellium Active Member

Dude, believe me I am considering it.
  18. Gillymann Abusive Relationships Aren't Healthy. J S.

By this point, I believe it's safe to say that regardless of what was posted, things are working the way they want them to.

Silence on the matter = working as intended.

Not the first time stuff like this has happened.
    Mizgamer62, Rhodris and Dude like this.
  19. Meneltel Well-Known Member

In other words, open that coinpurse and PAY to advance!
    Rhodris likes this.
  20. Xellium Active Member

Looks like T4 raid mobs have a 25% chance to drop a page.
    You guys are all wasting your time doing Experts, you should be doing T4 raids.