I LOVE being a swashy!

Discussion in 'Swashbuckler' started by ARCHIVED-Dnelle74, Nov 20, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Goozman Guest

I had planned on deleting my 50 ranger alt because of lack of use to make room for a fae, but I was stuck between Templar and Swashbuckler; I know... totally different classes. I've struggled with deleting the ranger, and I've struggled with what to replace it with for weeks now, but I think this thread made me want to make my fae to be a Swashbuckler... plus I already have 4 boxes of rare poisons I made last year for my ranger lolz.

Thanks ya'll :smileyvery-happy:
  2. ARCHIVED-Ukrainius Guest

You know, I am new to EQ2 (played it once before, just getting back into it) and just from reading this thread my mind has been made up on what class I am going to create. I'll give you a hint, it ends in 'washbuckler' :)
  3. ARCHIVED-Jvaloth Guest

You think its fair that a class who gets 40% + of their DPS via auto attack damage and short buffs should blow away assassin DPS on a consistant basis?

No other class in game works harder for DPS than assassins with all the position and stealth requirements and you guys just mow crap down (single or groups) + get awesome debuffs..?
  4. ARCHIVED-Dakkon_1007 Guest

Riiiigght... I'm assuming you are the best assassin worldwide? No other assassin can do more dps than you? So if any other class happens to out dps you they are overpowered and should be nerfed... /sarcasm
    Just because you play the highest melee dps class in the game it doesn't guarantee you the highest dps in the game. I don't see any other assassins complaining. Ever think the problem could be you? Naaww, you're right, it has to be us... /rolleyes
    It's been said again and again; Swashbucklers did not get anything new with EoF that would justify the increase in dps you are speaking of, so how are we overpowered now compared to pre EoF?
  5. ARCHIVED-Vinata Guest

Well, Alistair got his CoF, and I'm still trying to get a stupid page 9 to drop ... so clearly he is overpowered. :smileyvery-happy:
  6. ARCHIVED-Jvaloth Guest

Ya, the problem is me.
    I've got 2 sets of fabled everything, ALL Master 1 spells, I was consistantly parsing #1 and 2 days after EOF came out 3 swashies in my guild ALL leapfrogged me and are doing insane amounts of DPS on EVERY fight.
    No new gear, same group configurations, nothing new AT ALL except for EoF.
    You can keep saying its me, that I somehow forgot how to play the game but the parsers don't lie. When I'm going all out on every fight and am able to parse #1 only 3-4 in a night behind 3 swashies... thats not jsut coincidence. As much as you want to debunk it, you guys got a major boost. I've asked pretty much every swashy on my server thats 70 in a real guild and they're all laughing about it and agreeing that they get beefed up. Most think a nerf is imminent. I'll reiterate, I don't want you guys to get nerfed, I want assassins to get some AA love. But reading these threads and you guys chit chatting about how you guys arent "overpowered" and telling eachother to close the thread so ya don't get nerfed rubs me the wrong way. Right now we've got 3 swashies, each parsing 1800-2600 every fight. They never dip below 1800. Single target, AE targets, it does not matter.
    You don't see any assassins complaining on swashy forums, but they are starting to wake up on the Assassin forums. I think alot of them were trying to get more AA's figuring the problem would correct itself. But since our AA's are horrible, the problem isn't being fixed, they are noticing 6-7 other classes parsing higher, and are starting to get pissed off.
  7. ARCHIVED-Drevva Guest

This is all a moot point mr Assassin.

Our inspiration AA has been signifcantly reduced on test so if after the changes go live if you are still being out dps'd I'm not sure what to tell you.

I would also point out that the AA inquestion reduced a 3 min recast to 1:45, so if you were being out dps'd on EVERY fight in a raid then, your raid pulls at a pretty slow pace, or b) you are still going to have problems.

I will point out one other thing, our dmg ability is heavily dependend on haste and dps buffs. (regardless of the AA for inspiration). What this means is that in a perfect group with lots of buffs we will do nice dmg, but you see dear mr Assassin, this isn't just our dps then, it is shared with the folks who have given the buff. This simple fact is what dps parsers don't show, If I'm doing 1000 dps in a group with no buffs and then jump to 1500+ with all sorts of nice buffs, the extra 500 dps DOESN"T REALLY BELONG SOLEY TO ME!.

I've seen this quite often the last few weeks, If I have lots of +dps buffs my rank on the parser climbs up, but so what? its not like I'm doing anything different, the credit of that dps goes to those who are buffing me. The nature of our dmg means we are benefit and suffer more depending on our buffage.

D
  8. ARCHIVED-Cocytus Guest

For the last [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn]ing time the inspiration focus DOES NOT INCREASE OUR DPS. It decreases our RECAST TIMER. There is a BIG difference there. Why are so many people illiterate.

Also - to the assassin...Sorry, bud. Skill with your class is a factor. If you're not as good at your class as a swashbuckler is at his, you're going to be out dpsed.

The top assassin in my raid alliance is in primarily legendary gear (since we dont have many assassins), but he is fully adept III'd I think (unconfirmed). He can ALMOST match my DPS. I am in about half fabled/half legendary gear, myself. Now, if he had the same gear as me, I believe he would out dps me by 100ish. Why? Because he is amazing with his class.

Don't [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] and whine about other classes if you don't know yours as well as you think you do.

edit - Oh. Our AA's [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn]ing suck, too, btw, except for Reach. That's the only great one. Sounds like you're guilded with mentally challenged (*growls at filter*) swashbucklers, imo.

Message Edited by Cocytus on 12-14-2006 02:54 PM
  9. ARCHIVED-Illyakuran Guest

As I asked before, what are the names of the swashbucklers in your guild? I'm interested in talking to them. In looking at your past posts you were recruiting for the guild Random Evac on the Unrest server but since there is only one active level 70 swashbuckler in the guild and not 3 I'm assuming you have moved onto a different guild.
  10. ARCHIVED-Drevva Guest

Yes the AA decrease our recast of inspiration, and the net effect of this is an increase to zone-wide dps. I mean if didn't ultimately increase our dps , why would we care about it :). So I understand you are wanting to be clear on what the AA does, But it in fact does increase our overall dps (per zone) as we could fire it off almost twice as much. So pretending it doesn't impact our dps (zone wide, over time whatever you want to call it ), is just as silly
  11. ARCHIVED-Kriki Guest

Now I am not a raid leader, and I no where near good at tactics - heck, I would barely be able to set up raid groups if I were asked...

But, why is your guild running raids with 3 Swashies? Some classes I can see tripling up on (bards and brigs come to mind) but seems like definite overkill to have 3 Swashies.

As for dps, I show up in the top 8 or so on the parse - sometimes I parse at the top, sometimes not so much. My dps is 100% dependent upon the group that I am in. With a good dirge, coercer and/or inquisitor in the group easily top 5 every parse. So be sure to look at your raid set up. It may not be just the swashy's AA's - look at the group members - I know that the Dirge duration increase to CoB has done wonders to my dps, also, with many classes getting some sort of AOE immunity AA, maybe they aren't having to joust when you are.

There are all sorts of things that are probably a factor in the place changes on your parse.

Either way - I love my swashy and wouldn't betray back to Brig for anything! (Except maybe winning the lottery)

Kriki
    Everfrost
    Paragon
  12. ARCHIVED-Lukia Guest

I was very disappointed with DPS last night, did a labs raid, I did 1500 DPS on Lord Vyemm, that brought me in 8th on the parser, though I did pull aggro and had to stop attacking to get the mob off me.

All in all, the major difference you are seeing is the raising of the haste cap, previously a Swashy would sit at 100% pretty much all the time cause a haste item and self buff would put us at 89%, one small group buff and we were at 100%, now that haste can go to 200% we are probably the best class to take advantage of that, I spent most of last night at 160%+ haste, add to that DPS buffs and it means I hit hard very often. Some of the changes have had a boost effect on our DPS, pre EoF I could not break 2k DPS on a single raid fight, now I can hit 2.5k, but I can't do that every fight, my burst haste and DPS buffs are on a 5 minute timer, Inspiration is still not an every fight skill unless the tank is pulling slowly. I'm sorry you are not DPSing at number 1 anymore, but maybe you should look at it as a challenge, rather than screaming that you are being beaten. I know that I benchmark myself on an assassin, when I beat him, I am really happy with myself, when I don't, I look at it as I need to try harder next time.

**CORRECTION**

1500 DPS and 8th was on Alzid Prime

(00:57) 1287890 | 22594.56
    Wizard 135477 | 2376.79
    Assassin 107110 | 1879.12
    Wizard 96486 | 1692.74
    Warlock 95151 | 1669.32
    Ranger 93511 | 1640.54
    Necromancer 91420 | 1603.86
    Berzerker 86822 | 1523.19
    Lukia 85973 | 1508.30
    Brigand 74027 | 1298.72
    Necromancer 55101 | 966.68
    Shadowknight 53540 | 939.30
    Dirge 46181 | 810.19
    Guardian (MT) 45631 | 800.54

thats the top 1/2 of the raid, as you can see, I did alot of DPS, but still got my backside handed to me by alot of other classes.

My advise to you, get out there and work with the changes, stop crying about what was, and get back on top.
    Message Edited by Licit on 12-15-2006 10:45 AM
  13. ARCHIVED-Drevva Guest

I wants to be in your raid group!

I'm positively giddy if I get up to say 50% dps and any haste buff!

D
  14. ARCHIVED-Cocytus Guest

ah. My apologies. That honestly slipped my mind. I take parses fight-by-fight, myself. I haven't really gotten into zone-wide parses because my raid alliance takes AFKs - so I never really care about them :)
  15. ARCHIVED-Marar42 Guest

Our Bravado buff stacks with itself. This alone will keep us above 200% haste easily in longer fights if we dont get aggro, regardless of other hastebuffs. (after EOF came out, before it was capped at 100%). Maybe this is where the somehow new damage is coming from.
  16. ARCHIVED-Lukia Guest

actually, Bravado says it stacks with itself, but it only resets the timer if it procs again, we have basically given up on having it work as described.
  17. ARCHIVED-Marar42 Guest

hmm then i am wondering, how do i get over 200% haste playing in a group of only 2 (my wife 59 monk and me 57 swash) ? Is it my UI (fetish nightfall) showing me wrong numbers ? I have 15% haste from my belt and about 14% from monk grp buff (i think), so my normal haste is only 29% ?!
  18. ARCHIVED-Lukia Guest

I'm yet to hit 200%, my bravado procs for 69%, 2 procs would put me at 138% plus 23% from item and another 80% odd from dirge CoB and zerka proc buff.
  19. ARCHIVED-Rokjin Guest

I've hit 240+ Haste score.. it caps out at 125% actual haste anyways. I think I had like 3 Bravado procs going, plus a 23 haste item, berserk from a Berseker and a Troubadour haste buff..
  20. ARCHIVED-Kromsin Guest

This class owns so much. Probably one of the top in all the MMORPGS I have played. I duo with a paladin frequently. Cripes talk about stabby stabby of fricken doomnium.