I hate it to be right but like i sayed LU24 has nerved Lanets to uselessnes

Discussion in 'Dirge' started by ARCHIVED-Novarius, Jun 17, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Soulith Guest

I don't mind what they did, considering the old Lanet's used to never even go off before. What's up with that?

But realistically, in the beginning I chose Dirge for a little more self-bias in damage (this was before the combat revamp)
    and now Troubadors EASILY out DPS me fight after fight. I can't even make a raid parse and I have considerably good
    gear with nearly all of my master spells at 70. Crazy.
  2. ARCHIVED-Lindar Phamoncry Guest

if you in mt group you probably shouldnt be making the top 10 in parses... considering that most of your defensive buffs are up
    I love parsing... but you cannot rely on them to prove how bad [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] you are.... even in a dps group you have to account that your dps shows up in their parse... as a dirge your jsut gunna have to live with knowing that your helping without getting credit for it... tis the nature of the class from my exp
  3. ARCHIVED-Rijacki Guest

I've been watching my root lately.

The root has a high chance to break on -any- damage (yeah the percentage may seem low, but for me, any detrimental RNG will hit, but beneficial ones will pass me right by *chuckle*). So, I've been taking off autofire as soon as I fire it and I've been sticking the root a lot more lately. However, I have an imbued bow... last night root hit, root stuck (I was watching the mob animation) and then gleaming strike hit and the root broke right away.

So, I think most of those (myself included) that havent been seeing the root stick have just been breaking it with their very next bow shot (if they have good range skills, which mine have become from raids where I needed to stay out of the AEs).

It makes it a much more difficult CA to use, but.. I have actually been able to get my debuffs on before the root duration expires and it comes for me. Softening the target up like that does make overall soloing easier with it.
  4. ARCHIVED-Khira Guest

If your raid force is reliant on your DPS from Lanet's (Much less YOUR DPS in general), then you are in the wrong raid force. You're there to buff/debuff and any marginal DPS you may crank out is just a bonus. Pick the battles you want to fight for us and not complain about every little thing you don't like before you've learned it's strengths and weaknesses, and most of all, learn your role in a raid.
  5. ARCHIVED-Kahna Guest

After crunching some numbers and doing a little respecing I'm pretty content, I can manage to break 600 dps in the MT group on most trash mobs, though I still fall back as debuffer/ranged on named mobs. I don't see the lanets things as that big a loss, though I'm still not jumping up and down about it.

I know that we're supposed to be "sworn enemies" or something silly like that now Soul, but if you want to drop me a line and we can chit chat.
    Message Edited by Kahna on 06-28-2006 06:04 PM
  6. ARCHIVED-Lindar Phamoncry Guest

I've been trying not to make this post for a bit but my curiosity is getting the best of me
    How in the world are these guys boasting 5-600dps raiding in the MT group... because as far as I know that means you have your self buff and dps buff up and casting zero debuffs (perhaps you have another dirge doing this instead?) and you have one helluva set of fabled weapons and masters across the board
    I can see this if in a DPS group as the second Dirge... but from my xp the higher Dirge goes MT group in which case it would be him wanting to debuff... even on raid trash mobs as that extra 100dps could only(in my reasoning) be at the expense of much more dps at the hands of everybody else hitting harder
    that much DPS just seems to be on fluke fights where the parser is not entirely accurate.. though I will admit I could be mistaken... just seems odd to me thats all
    Edit: spelling
    Message Edited by Lindar Phamoncry on 06-29-2006 12:19 PM