I hate it to be right but like i sayed LU24 has nerved Lanets to uselessnes

Discussion in 'Dirge' started by ARCHIVED-Novarius, Jun 17, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Novarius Guest

i logged in after patching to LU24 and than just looked how big the desaster was that happend to my lvl 64 M2 choise. what i see are 339 till 699 dmg after 7 second Dace and this dace looks like it only works as long the mob isnt hit, because it dont stops beating me when Lanets is running. to Make this peace of sh.. complete they called a patch they not even made a free respec. hope the dirge community can say them this time loud enove they made a big mistake with this, where mistake is a harmful nameing.
  2. ARCHIVED-Laromor Guest

As already mentioned in several threads, then I (and others) see new Lanets as a great improbement over the former one.
    The damage is lowered.. that is true.. but it goes off after 7 secs instead of 20.. which means that it will go off on practically every mob you land it on.. compared to the old one, where a vast majority of the mobs died before the time bomb of Lanets.
    The 7 sec daze is quite an awesome thing... it prevents the mob from doing auto-attack damage... and no.. it does not break when the mob is damaged. Mobs can still use CAs and spells though.. which is probably what made you think that Lanets broke on damage.
  3. ARCHIVED-Lordviperscorpian Guest

I dont think they needed to nerf the damage THAT much. I mean they increase our bow shot dmg by 10% and nerf lanets by almost 60% dmg, AND raised the casting time. The spell was waaaaaaay overnerfed imo.
    Message Edited by Lordviperscorpian on 06-17-2006 06:40 PM
  4. ARCHIVED-Priestbane Guest

They nerfed Lanet's by less than half, and made it disease based so we get Verlien's on it, and it assesses in a third of the time.
  5. ARCHIVED-Novarius Guest

the problem i have is that the dace is useless because it makes nothing, count to that that i can cast faster 2 Ludas than 2 Lanets nad have 4 times more dmg than u can say they killed lanets.
  6. ARCHIVED-Salmastryon Guest

I havve to disagree here with you. I like the new Lanet's the damage goes off on most ever mob I land it on, before it would take something of epic preportions to last long enough(sometimes) for Lanet's to go off. Daze itself is great! If placed on the rith mob it makes a noticable difference on the damage taken soloing, even grouping the healer and the tank made a comment about it beingnice yesterday.

While I did like those occasional times when I saw the big number float up from my master's Lanet's before, I have to say the utility and over all more usefulness and versitility of the current version of Lanet's has me enamored. Plus, the damage for me at least is only around 3/4s what it was doing before with all the disease and wis debuffs running aroundinmy normal groups.

Edit: I suppose I can understand though being irritated when you took the master II choice for the big number, have you thought about respecing if you are no longer happy with that choice?
    Message Edited by Salmastryon on 06-18-2006 10:18 AM
  7. ARCHIVED-Danterus Guest

For the raiding dirge, this was a big time nerf because Lanet's was one of our most damaging and power efficient spells with great range.
    For the casual dirge, I think it's buffed from it's previous state because the 7s daze kicks [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] in places like Nizara and it actually fires in most groups now where before I used to never use it.
    For a 30s recast and a 1s cast, 400-650 damage is very low and that's basically all this is in raids, so depending on what you primarily do is how you'll view this buff/nerf.
    -Kall, 70 Dirge Permafrost
  8. ARCHIVED-Salmastryon Guest

I got to sit and wonder about some of the numbers you guys are putting out for lanet's. I've not done any serious testing on it, but since it was changed I've been keeping eye on how muchit hits for. Now I don't know what your guys int is but mine is 467 in my all around gear. I've got Lanet's at master I and the spell itself reads 471-785, but after I debuff wis and disease it typically hits for 700-1100. I've seen it crit for 1400 and something. Now admittedly I play with classes that debuff wis and disease, but... I got to wonder...

Why you guys are getting such terrible numbers?

Edit: tomorrow I'll set up the parser at begining of day and try to get soem harder numbers on it.
    Message Edited by Salmastryon on 06-18-2006 05:54 PM
  9. ARCHIVED-Dakwa Guest

Personally with Lanets, I find it very damaging. Daze the opponent and they charge, you arfe stunned until they are done beating you. Now if that is what you call a good vamp of the spell, who am I to differ. But for me I want it back to where it was. A much better song for solo, group, and raids. Right now, it is total crap, just like the bow song is.
    Root the opponent and it breaks on debuff or attack 100% of the time.
    Lanet's does nothing for the Dirge, but causes problems.
  10. ARCHIVED-Salmastryon Guest

Lanet's doesn't stun you.... It dazes the oppent preventing them from autoattack then deals damageo on termination. Doesn't cast any control effects on the caster of Lanet's at all... *confused* Am I misunderstanding what your saying?
  11. ARCHIVED-Dakwa Guest

Everytime I havce used it, I cannot move, cast, or attack until the opponent has killed my Dirge, so as far as I am concerned, it stuns me. Does absolutly nothing to the opponent though.
  12. ARCHIVED-Darthornn Guest

It sounds like either you're encountering a bug Dakwa, or you're doing something terribly wrong.
  13. ARCHIVED-Dakwa Guest

If they had just left things alone and not screwed them up in the first place would not have to worry about this. Cannot get any help from the GMs if it is a bug. Know that from experience, as my account is bugged, and have never been able to get help from them lazy buggers.
  14. ARCHIVED-Stabnes Guest

How many wrong information can there be in one post :)

Lanets now gives a 7 seconds Daze on the mob, wich means it wont auto-attack for 7 seconds while you can beat the heck out of him. Daze wont break on dmg or anything.

I fail to see how the raiding Dirge is screwed with this change on Lanets, although it hit for a good amount of dmg, the DPS of the spell was medicore at best since it only hit after 20? 25? seconds.

I only used Lanets before when raiding for the extra bit of dmg, but I knew it wasnt much and besides I am not a damage dealer on raids. I see the change as a profit, specially solo/groupwise, its a free "ward" with damage component. If someone cant see the good thing about it, well, hmm, I dont understand.

We have not tested it out yet, but perhaps the Daze effect could mean something on raids, but still not sure about it.

As already pointed, the new dmg on lanets is disease based and therefore debuffable with verliens.

So all in all I like the change and stop spreading rumors pls, stick to the facts :)
  15. ARCHIVED-Whysprr_Wyrd Guest

Wasn't Lanet's damage disease-based before? I hadn't looked in forever, but i mist've had some reson for always casting Verlien's in conjunction with it.
    By my (very rough) calculations, Lanet's was about as mana-efficient before as Luda's was -- but it does have an awfully nice range.
    Whysp
  16. ARCHIVED-Cielago Guest

( old Lanet was mental damage if I recall ).
  17. ARCHIVED-ssumthing Guest

Yup it was mental damage... (info found on ogaming.com .. since they haven't updated spell / song changes for Dirge since LU24..)
  18. ARCHIVED-Darammer Guest

The Lanets change was a huge upgrade; it does not stun you, nor root you, nor kick you in in the '****. I don't know why you think it has any negative impact on the caster, Dakwa, but I assure you it doesn't. Possibly the mobs you are fighting have some sort of stun/stifle/root; these special abilities are not affected by daze.

When fighting warrior/scout mobs, keeping it from auto-attacking for 7 seconds is huge. I think the damage nerf (around 400ish points at lvl 68) is more than offset by the damage the mob is not doing to you through a lack of autoattack. On even con mobs, between Cheap Shot (even the new nerfed version) and Lanet's, I can keep it from autoattacking for 11.5 seconds; then 8 seconds later I can Cheap Shot again. I am rarely losing any health in solo encounters anymore.

I'm also able to use it in group situations, if one mob of an encounter peels to a healer; Daze it and that's seven seconds that the tank has to regain aggro. Same deal for adds.
  19. ARCHIVED-Cielago Guest

deleted.
    Message Edited by Cielago on 06-19-2006 04:29 PM
  20. ARCHIVED-Donte Guest

Oh no! crap. If that's the case it's a huge nerf(pvp wise) as pre patch this was one of my 1st casts as it would go off while my opponent was running, sometimes killing him/her.