I am the proof in the pudding, blessed of Brell...

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Wurm, Dec 13, 2013.

1. Caith Developer

The initial plan was not to have any reward other then the Draconic Etyma, but we decided to give the bag as a bit of a small extra. I would rather leave that small extra there for those that do like it, rather then remove it for those that don't. There is an option that allows you to delete inventory items without a confirmation, if that helps in any way.
    Sambril likes this.
  2. Wurm Well-Known Member

Like anyone who has been playing a while is using that setting... your suggestion is the GM teams nightmare.

And no one is asking for the bag to be removed. Only for the harvestables to be made gone. No one like booby prizes. One random potion a week as a bonus would be a perfect "small extra" for those who do like it.
  3. Caith Developer

Removing the common harvest does not equate to an automatic successful roll for the potion or any of the other rare chance items, it would simply mean that you would have a high chance at an empty bag, which is not something we're going to be doing at this point.
    Sambril and Mae- like this.
  4. Wurm Well-Known Member

I've been working in IT for well over 13 years, I know that it is very easy to remove something from the roll without leaving a "0" behind.

But of course if they stay in it won't bother me much, I just think 20 common harvests is a horrible choice to be giving your loyal player base as a "reward" and now you know it too. And that was my intent behind this thread.
  5. Meirril Well-Known Member

And what your ignoring is that the non-harvests are intended to be RARE REWARDS. You aren't suppose to get them every time. Not for a daily, not for a weekly. A dev comes in here and straight up says it and YOUR STILL IGNORING IT.

The reward for the weekly crafting quest is fine. 10 DE (doubled) is very welcome. The extra cherry on top that is the bag is just that, extra. All in all I think dev learned from this entire thread that a very vocal segment of the crafting population will continue to ask for nitpicky little things and just because they spend a lot of time and effort to make a mountain out of a molehill it doesn't mean it has any validity and that we can be safely ignored.
    Sambril, Avahlynn and Mae- like this.
  6. Wurm Well-Known Member

The other thing they learned is there are players are willing to take whatever crap they are given without complaint.

Whats so rare about a potion? NOTHING! Thats what.
  7. Kraeref Well-Known Member

The rare would be a purple adornment or a rare harvestable. It would be something to look for. Btw an aprentice gives 20 of common harvests and potions for daily missions. I've got tons of potions. Never really used them. Crafting is so easy at higher levels. Two-three clicks and you get a pristine item crafted. Why do we ever need them? To level up other crafters?. It's still very easy. /shrugs
  8. Feara Well-Known Member

It would be really nice if you could replace the common harvest with fuel.
    Mermut likes this.