How long before SF updates start to appear on EQ2Players ?

Discussion in 'EQ2Players.com Website Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-EQ2Magroo, Feb 17, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Ndien Guest

They used to never have any problem charging us for it before when it was broke. Maybe they decided to fire the web devs too or something.
  2. ARCHIVED-Hellswrath Guest

Maybe we'll get lucky and they can figure out the problem during the downtime. I really feel they should have communicated that they are aware of the problem, though. Then at least people wouldn't feel like their concerns are being ignored. This thread might be a bit more positive if they had.
    Or maybe I'm just overly optimistic.
  3. ARCHIVED-Dougdoug Guest

Hello All,
    I apologize for the delayed response, please bare with me. However I want you all to know the issues involving level history 81-89, the level 81-90 spells and the new Alternate Advancement changes are all known and being worked on. As soon as I get an ETA I will be sure to post.
    I apologize once again for the inconvenience.
    -If you have any other issues please feel free to post them.
    DougDoug
    "It's a family name"
  4. ARCHIVED-Rothgar Guest

I also just wanted to add that this issue is a result of us (the game team) changing some fields in the data feed that we send to EQ2Players and not informing them of the change. So we caught them off guard and this is most likely the cause of the missing updates.
  5. ARCHIVED-Minychimp Guest

When do you think we can expect a update?
  6. ARCHIVED-Hellswrath Guest

Rothgar wrote:
    Thank you very much for this clarification, Rothgar. Obviously, I think everyone would have preferred communication had progressed more smoothly, but at least we know what the hold-up is. I think this will make people feel better about the delay. I know it makes me feel a little better.
    Dougdoug wrote:
    Thanks for the response, DougDoug. It helps that we all know the issue is being addressed and that we might start to see some communication again in this forum. I'm looking forward to seeing the ETA when it becomes available.
    While we are on the subject, is the same issue affecting the item database updating and the corresponding discoveries being linked to characters? Also, do we have any hope of seeing the character specific item discovery lists restored, or will those making more than a few discoveries have to try and manually sort through hundreds of item searches to find the ones they got game discoveries on?
    I'm sorry if I'm inundating you with questions, but there are so many questions that people have asked and not seen replies on. These just strike me as the most pressing from recent threads.
  7. ARCHIVED-Fanderay Guest

This site has been one big joke ever since it saw the light of day, and the biggest improvement it ever had was after 4 years when SoE finally stopped charging us money for a continuously broken feature.

Several missing lvls on several chars for years, missing disco's, non updating profiles - all of this is nothing new since SF, these problems have been around for years. Honestly am wondering why people still think this will ever be fixed, they couldn't do it when they got money for it, why would they even bother to fix it now it's free?
  8. ARCHIVED-PotatoeGuru Guest

Well,
    Signatures appear to be partially working now.
  9. ARCHIVED-Forsburg Guest

You mean the database where you can check out rankings and the like is now free? What the heck am I paying for then? A little disappointed that the updates are not happening in a timely manner but will be even more disappointed if I didn't need to be paying for them.
  10. ARCHIVED-Keilen Guest

I see that the problem of eq2players not updating past 80 with items and all is known and being worked on, however I wanted to verify that the updating issues are far more general and not soley involving expac related issues. I wanted to make sure all the update issues are known and being worked on not just the post 80 stuff. I am still listed as in a guild I was left 2 weeks ago and still listed as lvl 54 as opposed to 65. Not a big deal, except that my new guild runs forum access off the roster which comes directly from here.
    Anyways, not trying to gripe, just making sure all the issues are being worked on, not just the post 80/expac issues, since that is all that was mentioned.
  11. ARCHIVED-Squirrelycc Guest

Has there been any progress on the eq2players rankings? I've checked and it seems that if you ding'd 90 after march 1st, your level / rank on your server / rank worldwide was updated.... but if it was before that there is still no ranking. Was this information lost or is it just not being posted?

Also on the new eq2players site, why is it that you cannot simply do a search with parameter and no name? In the past you were able to do an empty search if you wanted to lets say see how many max level coercers there were on a particular server. Now, if you set up all the parameters and leave the name slot empty, you cannot do a search. Any ideas or updates? It seems that there haven't been any lately! Any info is appreciated! Thanks :)
  12. ARCHIVED-Hellswrath Guest

Dlips@Unrest wrote:
    Nope, no word yet. However, I would also love to see this search capability back! I'd also like to see such search functionality available for tradeskill classes. But, sadly, this is a topic for another thread.
  13. ARCHIVED-swedago Guest

Rothgar wrote:
    Do we have an ETA on when the website will be 100% functional? I can not even upload a paperdoll image.
  14. ARCHIVED-Shasroh Guest

To reiterate the above poster...any ETA on getting this working yet?

It has been over a month...it is pretty silly we have waited this long for basic functions to update properly on the site.
  15. ARCHIVED-arksun Guest

Seriously? The old web page looked and worked 5X better than the new one, and the old one at least recieved updates. Its been over a month now and my toon still shows the same thing on it since before launch, shows no disco's, no items, etc...
    An ETA would be really nice at this point, and not the trademark "soon" excuse.
  16. ARCHIVED-swedago Guest

Digg@Permafrost wrote:
    I second the motion...
  17. ARCHIVED-Piltow Guest

Rothgar wrote:
    Quit saying the old site worked better. It would also be borked because of the mentioned changed. Ask when they will fix the data feed not the site.
  18. ARCHIVED-Quicksilver74 Guest

Gerak@Crushbone wrote:
    The old site WAS better, not even talking about the data, but rather the links that the old site had available, such as item discoveries tha the new site doesn't even have.
  19. ARCHIVED-arksun Guest

I am talking about functionality, the old site worked better, had better links, loaded easier, etc.... It all around was a much better site than the new one. Not to mention the lack of updated database is horrid.
  20. ARCHIVED-Shasroh Guest

Gerak@Crushbone wrote:
    The data feed for leveling looks like it has atleast been corrected but nothing that happend before that has been put back in. I would love them to updated the profiles for before the feed started to work. As well as the disco...and actually get some kind of ETA when this is going to happen.