How long before SF updates start to appear on EQ2Players ?

Discussion in 'EQ2Players.com Website Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-EQ2Magroo, Feb 17, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Whilhelmina Guest

Could we get an update PLEASE? It's been one MONTH after the official release of the 23th now... Please?

(and I agree, the old site was better)
  2. ARCHIVED-nam_1234 Guest

It's been one month to the day since we've heard from a Dev.
    - Rothgar, "I also just wanted to add that this issue is a result of us (the game team) changing some fields in the data feed that we send to EQ2Players and not informing them of the change. So we caught them off guard and this is most likely the cause of the missing updates."

Could someone please let us know if this is actively being worked and/or provide us with an estimate on when we might get this capability back?

Thank you.
  3. ARCHIVED-kellyrey Guest

I seriously don't understand how it can take them more than five minutes to fix the signature generating script to use text like "NPC Kills" or "Items Crafted" instead of variable names like "SigNPCKills" and "SigItemsCrafted", which has been bugged since the "new and improved" eq2players. It doesn't appear like they're doing anything over there.
  4. ARCHIVED-Spritelady Guest

Things it would be nice to see updated:
    -A corrected AA tab for each class. How hard is it to changes these?
    -Guild Leaderboards and links that worked properly
    -The ability to search leaderboards by server like we used to be able to, not just WW (if there is a way, I certainly haven't found it aside from the crap posted on my profile, which aren't the things I want to compare)
    -Updated Level history after 89 (would love to know where I ranked on the server for hitting 90)
    -Gear for SF showing up on the profile
    So... any ideas as to when ANY of these might happen?
  5. ARCHIVED-Shasroh Guest

Considering they haven't updated it to have SF items properly(not to mention disco and levels over 80 for a lot of people) and it has been over a month since we were told they knew what the problem was and it still hasn't been fixed, nor has there been a red name to post anywhere in this section since then..I wouldn't hold my breath for any kind of update. It is a joke it is taking this long.
  6. ARCHIVED-Harmonycaster Guest

During downtime today I went to see if perhaps today was the lucky day. Well, maybe tomorrow.
    Still no ETA it seems.
    I disco'ed so many things for SF I was kind of hoping to see how many were world firsts!
  7. ARCHIVED-Roald Guest

Almost 6 weeks since I hit 90 and my leveling history still ends at level 80?
    Come on guys, that's just embarrassing.
  8. ARCHIVED-nam_1234 Guest

Not sure what's worse really... a broken site or the fact we can't get an update from the Devs??

Can you at least let us know where you're at on fixing this??

Thank you!
  9. ARCHIVED-Whilhelmina Guest

is there someone here? here ? here? here? here?
    echo echo echo echo

do devs exist for EQ2players? ers? ers? ers?

helloooo helloooo loooo loooo looo loo oo o

*wonders if someone is listening somewhere where where where ere ere*
  10. ARCHIVED-Hellswrath Guest

It's been nearly two weeks since CuChulainn has even logged in, three weeks since DougDoug has, and nearly three months since DarkViper has. That's not when they last communicated, that's the last time they even logged in to read this forum.
    Not reassuring.
    Honestly, I doubt there is any intention to keep the community informed of the progress being made to fix the website. Admittedly, my hopes were raised a good deal when we had the flurry of activity just after SF release on this board, but the increasing silence here and lack of visible progress on the website is a form of communication in itself.
    The web team would do well to remember that not saying anything can send an even more powerful message than staying in touch with your customer base.
    As always, I hope my doom and gloom is proven wrong and that a working website is in our immediate future, along with restoration of level history in the days following the SF release, the item database recording new items and discos that have been missing for nearly two months, the item disco list per character feature that vanished with the intro of the new website, and other bugs being fixed. However, I'm sure my skepticism is understandable at this point.
  11. ARCHIVED-Attrikane Guest

Digg@Permafrost wrote:
    Q F E
  12. ARCHIVED-Attrikane Guest

Lack of communication = win right?
  13. ARCHIVED-Darkonx Guest

Some response would really be appreciated.
  14. ARCHIVED-swedago Guest

Attricane@The Bazaar wrote:
    No one likes to admit they have no control over their department.... Thus no response.
  15. ARCHIVED-EQPrime Guest

This is rediculous. I figured it would take a week or two tops before the new items were showing up on eq2players. This is taking way too long.
  16. ARCHIVED-Shasroh Guest

It is a joke it hasn't been updated yet...tho i don't really expect much at all anymore, everything is taking longer with less content these days.
    I say we start a pool on when eq2players will be updated properly...
  17. ARCHIVED-Destructor646 Guest

Shasroh wrote:
    What worries me after reading this thread is that something major happened in the database part of eq2players. Could the devs have lost all the information that was/has been recorded since the expansion launched? Or have they just not put in any of the data from SF even though it launched 2 months ago?
  18. ARCHIVED-Darkonx Guest

Zalora@Guk wrote:
    I didn't really think of that until I read your post.. Now I'm a bit worried..
  19. ARCHIVED-Hellswrath Guest

Darkonx wrote:
    I wouldn't be worried about this. This was part of the discussion from the other thread on this topic:
    cuchulainn16 wrote:
    Something major did happen to the database: the fields were changed. So now they have to rewrite the coding for the website DB in order to properly communicate with the game DB. However, it has been well over two months now, so your guess is as good as mine as to what the hold-up is.
    Regardless, my point is that the info is still there, we just can't see it yet.
  20. ARCHIVED-xpraetorianx Guest

Well SOME of the coding must be there because it shows SOME people's level 90 data....