Housing & Leaderboards "Ratings" UI Feedback

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Bunji, May 29, 2020.

1. Edelphia Well-Known Member

I agree with having recognition for the decorator. I do a lot of commission decorating and there is no acknowledgment besides the owner saying thanks for the trophy. Maybe providing a crafted house item like a sign made by any tradeskill that you can put the decorator's name on, that is no trade, and will flag the house with who the decorator is, will let the dev's have a way of knowing the decorator. Another way is to provide a space when publishing to state the decorator, that must be filled out to publish, even if it's the owner that did the decorating.

I would also LOVE to see a place to publish guild halls. Maybe give them their own category and no HoF, but maybe an additional award only for guilds on Leaderboards. Trophies for guilds should only be placeable in a guild hall also, but state up to 5 or 6 decorators. The trophy to put in the GH could be as simple as the current HoF trophy with a different lighting color.

Houses that do not have the rent paid should be removed from the leaderboards until rent is paid again.

Searchability by home owner or decorator.searchability by house type (mistmoore, dojo, etc)
    Daryx and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Awesome suggestions all, especially that last one! :)

Green? Blue? Something soothing, or at least one that can fit in with either Qeynos or Freeport GH default decor. :)

YES. Although my idea along those lines, especially for things like Broker discounts and deco "raids" and so forth, would be to make it possible for any visitor to chip in 1 week's rent for the house, perhaps one visitor from each account that the visitor has being eligible to help out for that house, like with Voting, so it doesn't get abused by the home owner.

For something like Cloudrat's travel places, etc., let the devs make those sorts of places rent-free in perpetuity, if that's not done already. :)

Also yes. I have yet to get any of the Search filters to work at all, so more work on that is needed in the first place, imho.

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  3. Tindrial Member

Kind of similar to this in a way but if your house hits number one on hall of fame, it should stay there for only a set duration, say a month then removed. If it's already reached number 1 and been removed it can't take over that spot again.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

And I like the different categories available (Title, Author, etc.), though two things I'd like: for the Search function to actually WORK for all the categories; and the ability to go backwards from the beginning, to get those Y and Z entries (heck, anything from M onward would be helped by being able to go backward from ~ or ' or an empty space or A or...). :-/

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  5. Lapidia Member

My wish is" I would like to see my trophies show up.
    In October the Antonio Bayle Mail was broken. During that time I had 3 separate toons awarded house trophies, but after the Mail was fixed there were no trophies in the Mail. I sent 3 separate bug reports 3x for each toon then 2 support tickets. They told me that homeshow dealt with that part of the game and gave me an email address. I again filled out what had happened but the email said there was no such address.
    I have done 2 forum notes and I still get no response. I am not the only one that did not receive their trophies. Another gamer has a forum saying they were missing a trophy.
    Lilyannah should have a trophy for "Battle of Runners Cove"
    Lapidia should have a trophy for "Thugadin Resort and Crafting"
    Leninoxx should have a trophy for "Butcher, Baker, Candlestick Maker"
    Can someone send me my trophies, Please!!
  6. Stellacious Active Member

Many good and valuable suggestions!

My one request is to fix methods of gaming the system.
    Already know people that have left the game due to apparently nothing being done about this.

Thanks so much,
    Stellacious :)