Housing and Leaderboards UI

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Ahma, May 15, 2013.

1. Cloudrat Well-Known Member

Currently on live tour 30 houses zone 30 times.
    Currently on test tour 30 houses zone 60 times.
  2. Venomizer Member

One of the best improvements made to eq2 in the last couple years is all the search/sort functions. whoever is responsible for this deserves a raise.

Sadly this hasnt made it to housing yet. There are ppl who made and advertise their already-prize-winning homes as travel hubs. i see their name in chat yet it takes "5 minutes" to find their home in leaderboards.

i did not see this as a change for this update, is it still not added?
  3. Cloudrat Well-Known Member

I can't understand why they took that option away:( I agree it should go back.
  4. Kurisutaru Active Member

I'll start by saying, I love the new features a lot! It'd be nice to have back the ability to pay rent from guild hall tho.. ;) Now, having to zone twice as much to tour houses I'm not crazy about. I see the logic behind zoning out before accessing dungeons in DM.. what I don't see is why this should be applied to regular housing touring. In my case, I run the game on an oldish pc where as it is takes forever to zone. And don't even get me started on the, many times, getting stuck on 'Waiting for Server' screen.. waiting for a zone that never loads (where the only option I have is to hit Exit button and log into game again) or game crashing while zoning. So pretty please with sugar on top.. don't let that change make it to live.. :oops:
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Cyliena like this.
  5. Karrane Well-Known Member

I just visited Beta to see this new housing window. Overall I like it.

What I dislike the most is the Visiting section. I do not like having to zone back to the 'city' to be able to 'visit' again. :(
    Please leave it like it is on Live atm.... letting us zone between all the houses we want to visit without zoning out to 'city'.
    IMO this would be a horrible change to the Leaderboards. Its hard enough getting votes sometimes without adding this penalty.
  6. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Could you take this opportunity to make a change to house published in the leaderboards?

Could it be possible to allow random players (aka visitors) to pay up the rent of a house which is published in the leaderboards or at least in hall of fame so the visitor can visit ?
    There's tons of houses on leaderboards that are marvellous but can't be visited any more because the players left and it's just sad.
  7. Deveryn Well-Known Member

It's pretty flawless in function, so they must be discussing / working on some of the feedback here.
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Well, this is the first time I've been in on Test since the new "Housing and Leaderboards" window showed up, and I have to say, I LOATHE IT. The damn thing doesn't work for me at all. I logged in using EverQuest2.exe in a (vain) attempt to avoid getting multiple AwesomiumProcesses, went straight into the home I'd logged out in, and there was this new thing on my screen. I can't close it, I can't use it...it's "glued" open on the Visit tab (won't stay on any others, though My Houses and Ratings tease me for a millisecond); when I try to visit of my own houses (the only ones listed), it pops right back up to the first house on the list; the Query button doesn't work (I get a flash of mostly blank screen, with words of some sort, then <pop!> right back to where it was); I can't type anything in the Filter box (flickers briefly with each letter, often going back to what I get with the stupid Query button); it's a gawd-awful mess. I finally started zoning into one of my houses on the list...not sure what button I poked, I think I was just trying to get out of the Filter box so I could actually start moving and try looking for my front door to get out. :-/

All right, after finishing accidentally zoning into a house, I can close the damn thing (can't find how to get it back again, but I'll shed no tears for that--ah. Took the place of the old Housing Leaderboards button. Oh, yay). But overall, I am NOT impressed with it at all. >:-|

I'll be "testing" it further, to see how many other characters of mine it screws up for interminable lengths of time. >:-/

Now that it is up and "running," I completely agree with the folks here who do have issues with it, including not being able to go from one house to another directly. :-/

Uwk
  9. suka Well-Known Member

i like this new window and it is convenient - for houses- to be able to edit the name of the house and the pics- but why can't i edit the name of my guild hall and the pics shown there? why can't i choose what pics to show on my guild hall?
  10. Kurisutaru Active Member

Well.. I don't think changing the name is possible. One should be able to edit the screenshots.. not sure tho :oops:
  11. Deveryn Well-Known Member

It probably has something to do with publishing functions being disabled for halls.
  12. Kurisutaru Active Member

Aye.. that's what I think as well.
  13. suka Well-Known Member

i was in my guild hall trying to edit the pics when i saw that i couldn't. and when i chose the guild hall, i also chose a special name- which is not reflected anywhere. at the time of buying the guild hall, you are given a chance to change the name

and really, i don't care about being able to publish- but when i open the window, i would like to see the name i chose and the pics i chose.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  14. Morg Well-Known Member

Can you please fix the mess this created on the live servers?

1. Freeport Server Leaderboards show NOTHING except republished homes.
    2. Portal to Housing from Guild Hall Amenity - a) saying your rent is due on your own home when it isn't. b) not being able to pay rent on homes you are trustee of. c) not being able to port at all using it due to the above problems.
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Well, not sure if it was my griping that got Someone doing something toward fixing it, but whatever, it's working probably the way it was intended to now. Really glad the problems I had with it are solved, for the most part (the not being able to go from one house to another is another issue, as well as the whole "you can do something with your house access from anywhere, but you can't get into it unless you're in a residential city" bit being kind of a drag, but I can live with those). ;->

Uwk
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Wow, that blows. :-/

I'd heard that the Portal to Housing had gotten messed up, but I wasn't sure just how bad it'd gotten. :-/

Haven't tried it much on the live servers, ironically enough, but I'll have to jump in at some point to do the crafting stuff for Moonlight, so I'll check it out on one of those. :-/

Uwk
  17. knightritalin Active Member

This is super awesome.

Could you guys look at adding a leaderboard in the game of EQ2 for such as kills,game completion, or something like that.
    So it would make players want to become better at the game and stay up at the top of the list (of 20 or something).
    And if you reach it you get a gold chest or something.

just ideas...

Thank You..
  18. Morg Well-Known Member

Ok since I didn't really get any help from submitting a ticket i'm gonna put it up here, maybe it will get looked at that way.

Freeblood House has MAJOR issues right now.
    ( THIS PART IS NEW SINCE THE NEW HOUSING UI WENT LIVE)
    Place a portal and you get either the message " can't access the house as it isn't set to visitor access" when it IS set to visitor access, including your own guild hall.

Sometimes ( not always - appears random ) when using said placed portal in another home, you get the same message when trying to Port to the Freeblood place. I am NOT the only one with this issue.

(THIS PART HAS BEEN ONGOING FOR AT LEAST 6 MONTHS OR LONGER)

GM's told me to pick up all portals to all homes and replace them. That didn't work either.

When you try to use the door in the freeblood house, you get the list of homes the portals are in, all looks normal, until you choose one - it then ports you to the 2nd house on the list if you choose the first house on the list. if THE 2ND house rent is due, it then ports you automatically to the house next down on the list.

It's like it isn't seeing the first portal at all.
  19. Morg Well-Known Member

You also NEED to fix the being able to PAY RENT FROM THE GUILDHALL AMENITY PORTAL TO HOUSING FOR TRUSTEE ISSUES!!!

If it's going in todays fixes but just isn't listed please feel free to ignore this post, this problem has been going on since gu66 went live.

I have alts that own their own homes that I am a trustee of, instead of logging in and out ( and consequently having to close the awesomium_process.exe out every single time) I like to be able to open the amenity in the guild hall and pay all the rents from 1 character.

This also will lengthen the process for decorators who are hired by other players, say they get sick and are out of game for a month and the character i'm using is Evil aligned and the house i'm doing is in Qeynos. Being able to pay their rent from MY guild hall all safe and sound is NEEDED. Instead of trying to get to qeynos via the sewers and dodging the guards to Decorate a house and getting owned by said guards, especially on a lower level character.

IF you don't want us to use the amenity any longer for paying rent, then PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF KARRANA BRING THE HOUSES WE ARE TRUSTEES OF UP ON THE NEW WINDOW UI!!!
  20. suka Well-Known Member

i haven't had any problems porting to my freeblood home from anywhere- guild hall and other homes. i haven't tried porting out of it to a home- will check that today