Housing and Leaderboards UI

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Ahma, May 15, 2013.

1. Ahma Member

Greetings Testers,

We've added a new window: Housing and Leaderboards. This UI element, which can be accessed via the EQII menu and from the Housing and Leaderboards buttons to the right of the EQII menu, combines some old windows and allows easy access to many housing related features. It allows you to manipulate all your current houses, browse and buy new houses, visit houses associated with the current zone you are in, and view the current housing leaderboards. Please check it out and give us your feedback!

Thank you.
    knightritalin likes this.
  2. Deveryn Well-Known Member

It's pretty much perfect!

I noticed one minor display issue with the visit tab. I was trying out the menu in Freeport and visited Cloudrat's Everfrost home. On leaving the house, I saw the usual list of homes connected by portals. On returning to Freeport and bringing up the search window again, I was presented with the same list. It was no big deal to hit query to reset it, but it would be nice if I didn't have to.

On that visit tab, I would like to see a setting or filter for showing only houses you have trustee access to. I have alts whose sole interest lies in having quick access to certain houses.
  3. Ahma Member

Thanks for your feedback Deveryn!
  4. Afista Well-Known Member

The new interface looks nice and seems to be functioning well!

One thing I'd LOVE to see with it though is the ability to Filter specific house type. For example, within the Small Housing tab, have filer options to identify Dojos or the housing cities (Freeort, Gorowyn, etc...).

Each category has so many houses. People frequently want to tour a specific house style for examples of what they can with a specific location, such as an Opera House or Felwithe Mansion. It would be nice to have an easier way to search instead tabbing through pages of irrelevant houses.
    Kittybock, Kurisutaru and Cyliena like this.
  5. Deveryn Well-Known Member

Those are in there, on the filter dropdown.
  6. Afista Well-Known Member

I will log in and take another look, but I didn't see that as an option this morning when I was playing with it. Thanks :)
  7. Afista Well-Known Member

Ooooh I think you mean the visit option?

I meant a way to sort on the published houses. You can click and tour open houses all day in a city house with open friend access, but it's the published ones that are more often decorated and intended for people to visit. A drop-down option for that on the leaderboards tab would be great!
  8. Deveryn Well-Known Member

Oh, sorry. I misread. :)
  9. Finora Well-Known Member

So far I'm liking the set up =). Everything seems to function well. I really do like the ability to fetch another housing portal without having to zone out to grab it.

One thing I've wanted to see, is a filter for the leaderboards so you can select a list of houses you have friend or trustee access to. Not all one's friends are necessarily in the same guild as you. Heck, not all your own characters might be in the same guild. It would be really nice to be able to quickly sort the leaderboards for homes you have friend/trustee access to.

On the same note it would also be nice if when one selects to sort the leaderboards by house title or author if we could jump directly to a letter rather than tabbing through all the pages (if there is a way already to do that please someone share! ;)) On test it isn't really bad, but on servers with more people it's really cumbersome

One bug I did note was that if you are on the 'visit' window, you can grab the edges & move and resize the inner window, which should not be happening.
    Kurisutaru and Cyliena like this.
  10. Jasym Member

I am having trouble accessing the published houses from the guild hall and my house. The "visit" button is greyed out when I'm in those locations. If I go outside it works fine - it even worked when I was in the Antonica fairy grotto.

Are we not supposed to tour houses from those places?
  11. Deveryn Well-Known Member

It has only ever worked from persistent zones (overland and cities).
  12. Emms Member

Sorry I'm not a tester I do not know now the new window look like. In current windows (old ones on live servers) I'm missing a easy access to house vault. I find house vault to be a nice storage place for house items that I haven't placed yet, now I have to run to door to right click, type in /togglehouseinventory or try to find a market bulletin board. It would be nice if house vault had it's own button in the housing mini menu (when you can open access window, leave house or start editing mode) it would be nice if toggling house vault would open the house vault bank and bag so I wouldn't need to click all of them. It would also be nice if house vault would be accessible through the big house access window. Is a housevault button included in the new housing widow?
  13. Jasym Member

Currently on Live servers, if you are in your guild hall or a player house you can tour someone's home that is on the leaderboards. However, with the new UI we are testing on Test the "visit" button is greyed out when in the guild hall and houses, not allowing us to enter someone's house from the leaderboard UI to tour it.
  14. Deveryn Well-Known Member

Sorry. I must've been confusing it with dungeon maker. It does indeed work that way, but it doesn't put you back where you started from. I guess they wanted to keep all the visit functions consistent. It's a minor inconvenience (having to step out of your home) traded for another (showing up at your recall point), but it's also less confusing.
  15. Cloudrat Well-Known Member

Yes, not only can't we tour from guildhalls, we can't tour from houses. While the visit button is greyed out for the guildhall it isn't in published houses doesn't work from there. This totally messes up the touring of homes on the leaderboard. I often get a list of several homes to visit and to have to go to an outside zone after each one just defeats the purpose of a leaderboard and house touring and decorating. The system needs a rethink:)
    Feara, Kurisutaru and Finora like this.
  16. Cloudrat Well-Known Member

Ok now it's greyed out in houses too. sigh
  17. Cyliena Well-Known Member

Overall, nice improvements. I was able to pay upkeep on my newbie inn room with no issues. Being able to grab portals is a nice feature. Guild hall access is also nice.

I can understand Cloud's concern about how difficult it will be to tour many houses in a row if we can't tour from our current instance. I agree with Finora: we need a way to refine searches on the leaderboards. There's hundreds of homes in each category on live servers, and it's a pain to find a specific one. Please let us search for owner or title.

I don't have any feedback on the Visit tab since there's no options there for me to pick from. I assume I could visit homes I have trustee access to using that?
  18. Cloudrat Well-Known Member

Devs go to leaderboards on test and visit every house on the hof of fame in the same session to understand what touring houses is all about and then go to live and do the same thing.
    You had added Dm mechanics to the leaderboards and destroyed House touring. I never used DM because of it's entering and exiting mechanic and to add that to the housing is a huge mistake.

Take the live Housing mechanic and add it to DM if you must merge and use same mechanic. DON"T do what you have now on test server.
  19. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

/agreed with cloud.
    Could you also give back the possibility to pay a rent from the guild hall portal or another house door? Having to be in front of the door or in a city to pay a house is a pain even if it's easier with the new system.

Very nice to be able to visit the guild hall through that window though.
    Kurisutaru and Cyliena like this.
  20. Afista Well-Known Member

Yes, it is like DM mechanics requiring use from an open zone instead of from within a house or hall, but I wouldn't go so far as to say it destroyed house touring by any means.

On the plus side, maybe setting it up this way will fix some bugs with the other zoning system. Who hasn't at some point or another tried to exit a place and get caught in a perpetual loop of loading into empty house instances of different layouts only to find that they need to call out to break the vicious cycle? Or maybe this change is also a long term fix for an exploit that came up a while ago involving it. Point being, there could be real reasons if this was an intentional change and I doubt it's just to tick off those who like to tour homes :p (also pointing out that DM used to be able to access creating another dungeon from within a dungeon, but that had to change to fix the perpetual loop thing when it was first released in Beta too)

Now if it is not an intentional change meant specifically to correct a problem, then I'd also beg to have it returned to the previous ability. It's much more convenient to access a Leaderboard listed house from within another housing instance.