House Actors

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kuulei, Jun 13, 2014.

1. Kuulei Well-Known Member

[BUG] As with any mannequin, you can right click and select "customize" however if its not yours, you cannot change its outfit. The bug I encountered was I could change the action the owner of the mannequin set. Even though it states on the UI of the customization window that I didn't have permission to make any changes, it allowed me to change action.
  2. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

[FEEDBACK] I'm loving these, and I'm sure they're going to be a hit - thank you for them. :)

I suspect, however, that you're also going to have some whimpering, so here's forewarning. :D All of these are labeled "House Actor" when in inventory, viewed on the housing control panel or in storage crates. It doesn't matter if they're already "locked in" to a specific race, fully customized, what have you, there's no way to tell them apart when they're not placed (or when they're placed, and you're trying to "Collect an Item" and can't figure out which item you're working with). This'll make it rougher on folks using the layout editor to move them around, etc a bit batty, I suspect. I know it isn't a full solution (since folks may have many of the same race for some reason), but since, once you choose a race, that is permanently the race for the actor, could it not morph into one named with the race, such as "House Actor - Froglok", etc.? It'd help with a least some of the confusion.
    TarnaX and Finora like this.
  3. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

From what Chikkin is seeing, a trustee can change everything on a placed house actor. The ability for a non-trustee to change actions sounds like an oops, though. :D

[Question] I was only seeing the etherwood on a successful bubinga harvest - is this correct? (Not on all of them, but with 22 bubinga harvests, I got 11 etherwood). Also, will these only be from manually harvesting, or will the upgraded pack pony and gathering goblin have a chance to bring them back? So far, I've not gotten any from them, but that may be the rng working against me.
  4. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

[TYPO] The greeting message needs a space between the comma and the start of the greeting text,
    Houseactor says,"blahblah" <-there is no space in there after the comma currently
  5. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

[FEEDBACK] Some folks are having a hard time finding the recipe because, while you're now calling these house actors, the recipe name is totally different (Dressable NPC Mannequin Crate) - can we get a recipe rename, so folks are getting less confused? I know the recipe name is pretty descriptive, but when folks are searching a long list for "actor" and can't find it, they may or may not remember that they should search on NPC instead. (both the recipe scroll name, and the recipe name that is scribed)
    Finora likes this.
  6. Jazabelle Well-Known Member

[BUG] Hair is visible when models are viewed as non-SOGA, but models viewed as SOGA causes the actor to be bald. It's not that hair isn't displaying--trying to change the actor's hair in SOGA does nothing. If you return to the customization screen after "changing" the hair, it's reverted back to "bald."
  7. Jazabelle Well-Known Member

[BUG?] Changing an NPC's SOGA appearance also changes the NPC's non-SOGA appearance, and vice versa, unlike player characters, whose SOGA and non-SOGA can be set independently.
  8. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Nix that - that is because I set the actor's name to "halfelf" when placing her, to make sure I knew which elf I'd made ... change her name if you wish in there :D
  9. Jazabelle Well-Known Member

[TYPO] When the actors speak, they use apostrophes instead of quotation marks.

Current speech: Xianne says,'Father Innoruuk, please grant me the patience to deal with this house full of Haeth'Un...'

Corrected speech: Xianne says, "Father Innoruuk, please grant me the patience to deal with this house full of Haeth'Un..."

(I'm including the lack of space between the comma and apostrophe, as Niami already pointed it out ;) )
  10. Spindle Well-Known Member

User error here...I'm not getting the actor to speak. I've set a greeting, gone through some fun actions and moved her around. She still doesn't speak. What am I not doing correctly? Thanks in advance.
  11. Jazabelle Well-Known Member

Spindle, you need to run out of range of the NPC, then run back in range to get her to speak. It takes a good 30 seconds after you place the NPC for you to be able to trigger the speech. So place the NPC, then back away. Wait 30 seconds, then run towards her.
  12. Spindle Well-Known Member

Ah-Hah! Thank you Jazabelle. I was just to impatient. They are talking now.
  13. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

And if you want to play with a whole dojo-full of them right now, Spindle, give Niami a tell on whichever you you are on, and I'll give you trustee access to the testing dojo
  14. Caith Developer

Yes, it's tied to your rare harvest chance. If you get a rare, you have a chance to get an Etherwood as well.

They are only from manually harvesting.
  15. Caith Developer

The recipe name was corrected to match the item name, but that change did not make it to Beta yet.
    Finora likes this.
  16. Vallaria Member

Never mind got my concern answered in the game.
    Avahlynn likes this.
  17. Gninja Developer

Went ahead and fixed this one, thanks!
  18. Gninja Developer

This is likely not something we will be able to easily fix. We will look into it though.
  19. Gninja Developer

This is a limitation based on our scripting language. If we use " the script will see it as ending the text rather than part of it. You will also see this sometimes in scripted fights when an NPC shouts in a zone etc.
  20. Jazabelle Well-Known Member

I guessed as much, but wanted to point it out in case it was a mistake rather than a choice.