House Actors

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kuulei, Jun 13, 2014.

1. Hordolin Awanagin Active Member

In the context menu there is a choice for Play Action When Approached. Choosing this changes the context menu item to Loop Action. I understand that this is to toggle it between playing the configured action once or looping the configured action but it might be a little unclear. My initial thought was that this was where you set the action to be played. Maybe change the context menu item to Play Configured Action Once/Play Configured Action Always?
  2. Talathionwins Active Member

Can we give House Actors the ability to /loop things like dancing, sitting or waving? Or even /playdead?
  3. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

As mentioned in the post directly above yours, the options are to play action when approached, and loop actions. If you need to see which actions are available, see the list about 3/4 of the way down on my actors preview. We have both a fae and a sarnak in the actor house we set up on Test, dancing their feet off.
  4. Talathionwins Active Member

5. Stormbourne New Member

I would very much like to see crafting animations added in later updates, like cooking and woodworking.
    Avahlynn, Maqea, Xillean and 6 others like this.
  6. Caith Developer

I like how you think.
    Avahlynn, Faeonara, Deveryn and 5 others like this.
  7. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

I absolutely love these, thank you so very much for this new feature! I have two suggestions I'd like to see:

1. Allow us to set the distance for when the NPC will speak and perform their animation. It is currently set too far back. I know you did this with signs, hoping it won't be too hard to add this feature to these NPCs'.

2. As mentioned above, I would also love cooking, tailoring, woodworking, writing animations.

Again, it's a wonderful feature!
    Naudi likes this.
  8. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

I'll second that! Crafting animations would be great, and they already exist in-game. I know more than one person also asked for a reading animation ...
  9. Ansom Active Member

I will love:

• The animation sitchair, the animations present, is more a meditation sit, and not a normal sit
    • (this is a little more complicate) more message line, with random and "inline" mode. i have a theater in my home, thats way my actor can recite :)
    Moonpanther likes this.
  10. Finora Well-Known Member

Yes to more animations =)

I'd love the crafting animations for sure and sitchair. An animation where they 'drink' a frosty mug would also be nice.

Even as they stand I am loving them. I'm so happy these came so quickly, I wasn't expecting them until l later in the summer!
  11. Griffon Lady Well-Known Member

Yes please yes please YES PLEASE!!!! <3:D Especially the Sewing one!
  12. Sambril Well-Known Member

As an idea for a future upgrade to these how about getting the audio associated with some of the emotes. Race default voice would be OK, but it would be great if we could select a voice like on PCs.
    Naudi likes this.
  13. Sambril Well-Known Member

One thing I noticed - they seem to be speaking in Narrative channel and I would have expected NPCSay. They also don't have the text associated with the emotes that a player gets, but I'm guessing that was intentional?
  14. Idaho Iksar Active Member

Have noticed there are no % commands for House Actors. I have an Iksar at our guild hall entrance that says, "Greetin's ... What is your business here %r?" Instead of announcing the race of the player near her, it says exactly "%r?" And speaks with ' ' instead of " " as others have pointed out.

Here are the % commands in case the developers hay have forgotten about them...
    • %M - Returns the character's pet's name (when they have a pet)
    • %T - Returns the current target
    • %S - Returns the subjective gender-specific pronoun for the target (He, She, It)
    • %O - Returns the objective gender-specific pronoun for the target (Him, Her, It)
    • %P - Returns the possessive gender-specific pronoun for the target (His, Her, Its)
    • %R - Returns the race of the target
    • %G - Returns the gender of the target
    Griffon Lady likes this.
  15. Finora Well-Known Member

I think they don't return a name for the %letter commands because they don't actually target anything.
  16. Jazabelle Well-Known Member

/sitchair is already one of the emotes they can do. It's under "Chair Sit."

Crafting animations and a sitting/drinking one would be awesome--one of the NPCs in Freeport already does the sitting and drinking animation, so it /does/ exist!
    Griffon Lady and Lucus like this.
  17. Finora Well-Known Member

As much as I played with mine on test I don't know how I missed the sit chair! Time to go alter my set up a bit.
  18. Ansom Active Member

The sitchair present, is the /sit command, not /sitchair.
  19. Rotherian Well-Known Member

I agree. Default should probably be /say as the channel. That way the text that the actor speaks will be visible in main chat, as well as visible in a speech bubble.
  20. Plizzo New Member

My actor doesn't have a list for Play Action. When I select the option, nothing happens. I thought it may have been because I use a custom UI so I switched to Default and still, no list.