House Actors

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kuulei, Jun 13, 2014.

1. Lucus Well-Known Member

I'd say it's possible they could add a new set for actors since in quest dialog sometimes your character's name is inserted into the text.
  2. Rotherian Well-Known Member

Try moving out of range (I think it is like 2-3 meters*) then walking back into range.

* Or what appears to be 2-3 meters in game.
  3. Kurogo Active Member

As pointed out a few posts above yours, it's under Chair Sit, not SitChair. There are 2 sitting animations not including the Worship animation.

What I'd like to see added to the list are:
    Cheering
    All the monk kata animations including hua mein
    Punching
    Being able to have them equip weapons in their hands
    Pondering/Head Scratching
    Maqea and Griffon Lady like this.
  4. xkrisx Well-Known Member

There are some NPC's in the world that are proximity based for knowing your name. or atleast your presence.
  5. Griffon Lady Well-Known Member

0.0 Ohh! Can we please get the KAtar/martial arts action? Pllleeeease?
    Oh! And the impatient/foot tapping?
    Finora and Maqea like this.
  6. Maqea Member

Thank you so much for these house actors. They are great!

Feedback
    - I would like to be able to set the time for the house actors animation. What I mean is that when I, for example, place some house actors at the enrtance to greet people zoning in to my house the actor has already finished the animation when I and/or my visitors zoning is complete. That means we never se the animation. Seting the animation to loop repting the greeting is not quite rigth. I would like to be able to set a delay time for the animation or perhaps have the option to set how many times the animation should be repeted or maybe both. Repeat X times with Y seconds delay between repeats.

- It would also be neat if the house actors could be rezised more. I'd love a gigant in Ethernere Enclave to make a Jack and the beanstalk theme with the wines reaching up the cliff. Or to make Dobby out of a troll. Or... I could go on and on and on =)

Thanks again for this great addition to decorating. =)
  7. Stormbourne New Member

The Greeting Range seems to reset any time I /camp or rezone. Is there some trick to keeping them set that I'm somehow missing?
  8. Sambril Well-Known Member

Thanks for fixing this. :) It might seem minor but why have different channels if they are not used correctly.
  9. Katen New Member

I can't seem to set my actor's race. I put down the mannequin. I get the "Are you sure?" dialogue box. When I correctly spell out the name of the race, the Okay button never lights up. What am I missing?
  10. Jazabelle Well-Known Member

You need to correctly spell out YOUR CHARACTER'S name. This is a confirmation dialog to make sure you're making the correct choice, and to give you a chance to change it if you've made a mistake.
  11. Katen New Member

Pft. I figured it was something like that and I was being too dense to see it. TY!
  12. handsome pete Member

OK just to ask I have one but it won't let me name it to customize it. I have to choose the race first. If I pick the race first, it says to type the name in caps. I'm kinda of stuck here in a loop.
  13. Naudi Active Member

You type your characters name who is placing it to confirm race.
  14. Rotherian Well-Known Member

Okay, let's assume, for the sake of illustrating a typical example, that you are playing a character called Aitchpete and want to set it to be an Arasai.

Step 1. Place the House Actor.
    Step 2. Select Race (Arasai).
    Step 3. When the confirmation window appears, type Aitchpete in the input field.
    Step 4-6 (in any order). Name the House Actor (pretty much anything that doesn't invoke the banned words dialogue box is probably acceptable - for this example, we'll name it Hpete*), set action (and whether it loops or performs that action once when approached) and dress it.
    Step 7. Kick back a have a Jumjum Cider or other favorite beverage. :) (Note: This last step is completely optional.)

I didn't list these steps to insult your intelligence. I did it to explain the procedure for anyone else coming to the thread because they can't set the race.

* And no, I have no idea how to pronounce the Hp consonant combination**.
    ** Unless you form your mouth the same way you would for 'Ph' (i.e. the 'f' sound), but send air in the opposite direction (like a reverse consonant fricative) to pronounce it. :p
    Alenna, Faeonara and Niami DenMother like this.
  15. Arnfield Member

Is there a way to get the actors speech to go in chat bubbles as well? I was hoping to replace some of the Qeynos signs that have popup text with actors.
  16. Ebofu Active Member

These are horribly bugged.

As stated above the greeting range resets back to 10 anytime the Guild hall is empty / whenever you re-enter the zone. Also if you try and return these to owner or place in moving crate, they double when you reload the zone. After attempting to remove them a few times we had up to 10 copies of each actor in guild hall, I eventually just destroyed the duplicates and they haven't reappeared.
  17. Laurellynn New Member

would it be possible to increase the actions to include domestic activities such as sweeping, mopping, washing dishes... or pouring drinks or such?
  18. Finora Well-Known Member

I was playing with these again last night while I was redecorating a room in my crafting house. I love that more actions have been added and I almost hate to ask for more, but I'd LOVE to see them drinking/pouring drinks etc that we already see NPCs in the game doing. We also see some NPCs sitting and drink which would be great as well.

I saw "tradeskill gather" is on the list now as well as other tradeskill related animations. Is there any chance at all we could get the other harvesting actions added?
  19. brokenshieldd Active Member

OK lets start off to say I love the new actors. First day they came out I made one put it in my house I put gear on it set the race to Dwarf had it sit in a chair Great start. So I came back the other day made 22 more of them I can't set the race I try DWARF I have try Dwarf and that didn't work So I thought it might be my UI so I change back to the default UI and still the button is greyed out. Any one else having this issue??
  20. Katz Well-Known Member

I set the race on one yesterday. I had to place it before I could set the race.