Holiday House Exchange (HHE2017) Official Announcement Thread

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Spextasy, Dec 11, 2016.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

No worries; if you wind up doing mine for my nasty High Elf, you can do his New Halas place. :)

Or would that help anything... :-/

Well, the rooms are rectangular (my apologies for the last Gorowyn!), and NH tends to eat things less, right? :)

Uwk
    Gretel likes this.
  2. Spextasy Well-Known Member

Good catch on that. It has been corrected to April 30th. :D
    Gretel and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  3. Wizzam Well-Known Member

Best wishes and lots of prayers to you, your mom and everyone involved. It's very hard to watch someone you love be in pain, and even more so if they are your parents. They are supposed to be your wall, not the other way around. It's difficult. I'm proud of you for holding strong, for you and for her. She needs to see that.
    With that said, good for you for keeping on with the swaps. I agree, it'll be a distraction and hopefully a good one. If something should arise and you cannot finish, I can make a toon over there to lend a hand and I'm sure Shanette would as well.
    We're here if you need us. All of us :)
  4. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

Thank you. . . saw her today. She is not well at all. Really hate seeing her that way. Al she could do was cough. She is on an NPO (Nothing by mouth) due to the aspirating. They don't have any kind of a timeline but they really don't give her much time so I need to come to terms with that.
    Spextasy and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  5. Spextasy Well-Known Member

A little friendly reminder that there are ONLY 10 DAYS left to get those sign-ups in! ;)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Wizzam like this.
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Good luck, love, our prayers are with you. :-/

Uwk
    Spextasy and Gretel like this.
  7. Katz Well-Known Member

I'm a bit nervous to attempt this. I've never done a house swap because I'm such a slow decorator and never mastered the layout editor fully. I'm afraid the other person would be disappointed. Do you have many people doing the swap on Halls of Fate? I'm trying to work up the courage to join in.
  8. Wizzam Well-Known Member

I'd love to see you sign up!
    This is the biggest concern I've been hearing from people and I completely understand. There are decorators of all types signing up including some that do not use the layout editor at all. Shanette created this housing swap not as a contest, but more of an event to tighten the decorating community and share ideas. There are no expectations on anyone's work.
    The only way someone should be disappointed is if they were to walk into an empty home at the end of the swap.
    Being a slower decorator tells me that you have real life stuff happening and also sounds like you prefer to get your projects done well, versus throwing 12 couches and a rug in the room and calling it a day. Shan knows there's lots of people out there that feel this very same way, so she's made the swap last almost 3 months (I could be wrong on the exact timing, but I think I'm close) giving everyone time to work on their homes.
    As long as you are having fun and being creative, it will show in your work and they will love it :)
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah! I do some of my better work under a deadline pressure. ;->

That's not to say I always succeed, but I've been getting better at that. ;->

Uwk
    who's own houses, without a theme (I love themes! Anyone I'm decorating for, theme me!), generally are 12 couches and a rug... ;)
    Mystyrys, Spextasy and Gretel like this.
  10. Gretel Well-Known Member

I second this heartily! I am also slow, have a busy real life, and don't use the layout editor (ok, I've used it like three times ever, but still). I was nervous signing up for the Frostfell SSHHS swap, but ended up loving it! I think the decorating community is amazing and fun and like being a part of it, and it's fun to be inspired by what someone else likes (instead of just the various alts' characters in my head hehe). Shan's made it super flexible, and there is a ton of time, so you could just "stick one toe in the water" and sign up for a small house or a couple rooms and see how it goes. :D
  11. Merriel Well-Known Member

I am sure you will do just fine, Katz. Don't stress out over it, just do your very best and enjoy the task while you are doing it, and in the end all will turn out for the best. You'll see. :)
  12. Katz Well-Known Member

Thanks for the encouragement everyone. I sent off my email for the swap. :)
  13. Spextasy Well-Known Member

Yay! I'm glad you've decided to sign up! :)
  14. Spextasy Well-Known Member

There is One week remaining to get those sign-ups in!

All this week I will be doing access checks and confirmation mail. If you do not receive a confirmation email (if you signed up via email) or an in-game mail (if you signed up in the thread) from me by the 25th it means I did not receive your sign-up information. Those who signed up via this thread will receive their in-game mail on the decorator they signed up with, not the homeowner of the home(s).
    Barring any unforeseen issues, I will begin swap assignments on January 26th and will send your mail letting you know your assigned homes. Once you receive your mail and access, You may then enter your designated home and begin decorating, unless noted otherwise!
    After assignments have gone out, please do not enter the home you are having decorated until the end of the swap!

If you have any questions, you can contact me via PM's, email, or in-game mail.

:)
  15. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

Ok. . . Cool! Can't wait!
  16. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Cannot wait to see all these houses! Going to be awesome!
  17. Mystyrys Well-Known Member

Server Name : Antonia Bayle
    Homeowner Name : Mystykyl
    Home City and Address (if not prestige) : Maj'Dul, a Maj'Dul mercenary residence /way -11, 160, -210
    Holiday Requested : (Surprise Me!)

House Size Preference : Small or Medium
    Name of Server(s) you will be decorating on : Antonia Bayle
    Name of Character(s) you will be decorating with : Mystykyl
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Spextasy like this.
  18. Spextasy Well-Known Member

Hooray! You decided to sign up! :D
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Mystyrys like this.
  19. Katz Well-Known Member

I sent an email but just in case it went into the spam folder, here it is again.

My house:
    • Server Name : Halls of Fate
    • Homeowner Name :Kiifia
    • Decorators choice of one of these two:
      • Home Type and Location (if prestige) :Concordium Tower Magical Manor (large Qeynos House style)
      • Home City and Address (if not prestige) :Lion's Mane Vestige Room - The Baubbleshire (2 room house)
    • Holiday Requested : Erollisi Day
    What I can do:
    • House Size Preference : Small (2 or 3 rooms)
    • Name of Server(s) you will be decorating on :Halls of Fate
    • Name of Character(s) you will be decorating with : Alynaryne
  20. Merriel Well-Known Member

Half way down the second page due to all the absolutely wonderful video's that are being posted. Figured I'd give you all a boost, as I'm so much looking forward to all the new wonderfully decorated homes that will result from this event. :D