HM Gen'ra loots

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Twyxx, Jun 12, 2013.

1. Dinwiz Active Member

this game update is crazy 3k ability mod from 3 items :eek:
  2. Ucala01 Member

to be fair they are running out of stats to give out :p and to be far I think the max any person can gain from the new items at the moment is around 2-2.2k mod, seems the earrings are the same name/ability and thus don't stack, so you would just have the 1 HM Gen'ra Charm and 1 earring (unless you want to include the crafted ring than I guess 3k)
  3. Dinwiz Active Member

yup meant the ring+charm+ear , not like ill ever get the ring :(
  4. Estred Well-Known Member

In a mix of CoE/SS gear my illy has almost 4K ability mod, this is without adornments and without Avatar Rings... so yeah, not sure if this new stuff is actually an upgrade to Abil Mod or not. Though you are right, they are running out of stats to give out.
  5. Ucala01 Member

I don't know why you are bringing in your illys ability mod, because there was no mention on what you could gain without the HM loot
  6. Dinwiz Active Member

estred just working on his post count dont mind him
    Le Clown and Twyxx like this.
  7. Estred Well-Known Member

There was. See below. My apologies if you misread my post.
    That is what I was talking about.

My point was that 3K Ability mod is nothing new, it's been around since Drunder/Skyshrine. Even from 3 Items. Now how this pertains to HM-Gen'Ra would be to say that Abil mod for most classes is nearing caps, save for the T1 DPSers. As such the loot would have to break even in many ways as most stats are over-cap, unless they go further over cap. Kander has said they are making changes even after the existing ones so I await reposts of the new stats.

You were the one to first bring up the ability mod. So sue me for illustrating what is already in the game by using ST-Charms and PoW-Sets.
  8. Ucala01 Member

wtb new stats in 2013! I can't think of any at the moment, but eh :p
  9. Le Clown Active Member

+spell weapon flurry

And to reduce server lag, let us reforge into spell weapn AE; plz and thanks.
  10. Ucala01 Member

11. slippery Well-Known Member

P.S. Scouts shouldn't get nearly as much ability mod, for the reason they are going to be hitting 3-6x as many abilities as mages, each one getting that amount.
  12. Chronus Active Member

Same is true of the rings from duo mats (the mage ring is a small upgrade really to the dropped avatar one while for scouts it's a huge benefit)
  13. Twyxx Well-Known Member

Umm...no. You're both assuming all scouts benefit the same from ability mod. Rangers don't get much of anything from it. Assassins likely too. Abil mod gives us about 3 dps per point of mod; by far the lowest of any stat we can get. The insignia ring is barely an upgrade to either the avatar drop or achievement ring. I'd happily trade the mod on the insignia or gen'ra loots for a fifth of that in dps mod. Or if I could reforge the mod it'd be different. We also didn't get the 160 sta/primary on our effect like mages did. Would you trade that for 55 magic skills?

Rogues and beastlords benefit more from mod as they're quicker casting than preds or even bards. It used to balance out as the quicker casting classes capped their skills easier so the slower casting classes would even it out a bit by being able to get value from higher amount of mod. With where potency is now quick casters are still able to make use of up to 9kish mod.

That's kind of the problem though with some of this itemization. All the scouts are lumped together (with off-tanks much of the time as well now) when the gear benefits the classes differently and there aren't many options to specialize for your class. Same with mage gear putting coercers and sorcs together.
  14. slippery Well-Known Member

Not only are the Gen'ra charms better then the dolls, which should have a higher chance to drop on HM, the melee charms have a 10 CB proc + group hot proc, while the caster charms have single target heal and no cb/pot proc.

Cool story. Why is Mage gear forever bad :(
  15. slippery Well-Known Member

This is still a problem. Where is the CB or Pot proc one caster 2 set dolls.
  16. Twyxx Well-Known Member

Really nice myth helms from Psyllon'ris. Or the one that wasn't broken was. Gonna be sad if they aren't 100% drop rate though and it's another thing like the cloaks where a year later there's still half the guild without them.
  17. Kander Developer

Which helm was broken? You were using the tier 2 helms correct? Please PM/Email with the details so we can get it addressed ASAP please.
  18. Kander Developer

We got it. We'll be fixing the issue, I will take care of the person who got the bugged gem personally, today if possible.
    Twyxx, Davito and Lempo like this.
  19. Kander Developer

Just so everyone knows, it is the artifact gem that has the issue the normal dropping one works fine. She has her helmet and her worldwide 1st disco. I gave her some extra prizes! I am not sure why the icon isnt showing up on EQ2U, its been in for months. Arrgggg...

http://u.eq2wire.com/item/index/3283289730
  20. Twyxx Well-Known Member

Thanks, Kander! She's a troub that always waits til everyone else has loot first so we were happy to have her get this disco...and wanted to see what the scout one looked like of course. Really nice helms. A worthy reward for the challenge.