HM Gen'ra loots

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Twyxx, Jun 12, 2013.

1. Twyxx Well-Known Member

\aITEM 750647068 -1943756784 0 0 0:Coral Rose\/a

Charm feels like it's missing a proc to be worthy of a drop from this mob in comparison to avatar charms.
  2. Dinwiz Active Member

why ears why charms why 2h ?

such a disappointment
  3. Twyxx Well-Known Member

It drops the em table too. The 2h was em I think? Dropped a Tavalan doll and 2 sets of em boots in addition to the 2 new items and the helm stuffs.
  4. Voxom Member

Yeah, it's nice that enchanters finally got access to a charm with good melee stats, but without any static cb/pot/amod like the rest of the itemization this game update has, feels really underwhelming for such a hard mob.
  5. Twyxx Well-Known Member

For the foreseeable future this mob is only going to be killed by avatar-killing raids. Here is the charm in comparison to what mages are currently using:

[IMG]

With no proc it's not as good as any of the other options. A chanter took it for the melee stats and hoping it gets improved.

Not sure if the Tavalan Drowning Doll charm we got is a guaranteed drop off the HM mobs or if it just has same chance as EM. But that's likely the charm the majority of mages/priests are going to be working toward.

[IMG]

Seems silly to put an inferior charm to one that drops in EM as one of the two HM pieces that drop. Why even go with charm slot on this mob?

The other HM item was a tank earring: \aITEM -1323101223 731962602:Warcouncil's Earring of the Monstrosity\/a
    It ended up going to an alt because the main decided it's not any better than either the avatar or pirate king earrings. Most guilds killing this mob will already have their tanks outfitted with both those by now (or soon, if they haven't gotten the 3-4 pk ears yet).

[IMG]

It's nice that the helms drop multiples, but it's still just the same .5 cb/pot slight upgrade over the Barroddas helm. And the majority of avatar-killing players have the far-superior avatar helm at this point. So, it would just mostly be used by apps/alts except situationally for whatever the effect ends up being used for.

Also, the wording on the effects make it seem redundant. If, when equipped, you're already protected from psionic damage why would you need a clicky to protect you from psionic damage?

[IMG]

All the Siren's Grotto armor drops have lower mitigation than the items they're upgrading. The coral-encrusted em pieces are like that as well in comparison to their COE counterparts.

With Pirate Kings the challenge was great, but the loot was great. HM Gen'ra is a really challenging mob and this loot is very underwhelming. It's disappointing to kill such a hard mob and see the loot go straight to alts. All the HM drops should, like PK, be similarly clear best-in-slot items.
    Dinwiz likes this.
  6. Dinwiz Active Member

good post hope to see the items get a huge boost or replace them to other stuff
  7. slippery Well-Known Member

It's just really odd slot choices. If the dolls are guaranteed (which they should be from HM) that is good, but then putting another charm is odd. Ear is also odd because of the aforementioned Avatar/Pirate Kings, but I can understand since not everyone is going to have the Avatar one. I hope we see Wrist/Belt/Cloak/Ranged from the rest if we aren't going to get armor.
  8. Kander Developer

The effect can be cast on someone else. So you only need half as many helms to have entire raid with effect...

We're tweaking stuff. Charms should have had effects, we missed the bus on that one. Fixes/Tweaks soon.
    Estred, Feldon and Twyxx like this.
  9. Crychtonn Active Member

We're still working on Pirate Kings but I like the idea the hats can put the protection on other people in raid. That'll make it so when there is guild turn over the new people don't have to be run through and given a hat. Pretty good idea in my opinion.
    Twyxx likes this.
  10. slippery Well-Known Member

Helps when you need to have alts in raid as well, especially the type of alts that might never see Gen'ra because of how specific the needs are for it.
    Twyxx likes this.
  11. Kander Developer

Updates/Tweaks/Fixes for Challenge loot coming Tuesday, June 18. Loot from Overlord Talan and Psyllon'Ris was updated too. Post if you see anything wonky.
    Twyxx and Hammdaddy like this.
  12. Chronus Active Member

Just an fyi, the Tavalan Drowning Dolls are not a 100% drop off HM Gen'ra for those that were wondering.
  13. slippery Well-Known Member

Yea, we didn't get one on our second kill. It's kind of lame that they aren't, considering stat wise the charm that drops from him is better, and is going to have a proc after the buff.
  14. Kander Developer

The charms have a chance to drop off multiple bosses and not just the challenge modes.
  15. slippery Well-Known Member

We know that. Mobs 4-6. But when you are killing the HM the HM charm + an effect is likely to be better, making the doll redundant. If it is going to be redundant and situational it should be a high drop chance.
  16. Balbasur Active Member

Gratz Equilibrium on WW first!
  17. Twyxx Well-Known Member

Okay, the earrings look great. Nice boost on the stat and effects.

Charms are hit and miss. The mage/priest one is sexy. The fighter and scout ones are nice now in comparison to the avatar or dc charms and more accurately reflect the challenge of the encounter. But...they're not balanced relative to each other.

[IMG]

Just comparing blue stats the mage/priest one is significantly more powerful than either the scout or fighter ones. You have more multi-attack for mages than for scouts and then on top of that have a huge chunk of spell ma to reforge to abil mod. Why would scouts get the least ma of all the classes? That seems backwards.

As a scout I would be taking the fighter one. Attack speed only has value for those few classes that have it as a prestige conversion. And even if you include a haste to cb conversion value the 29.5 dps mod + 2.7 ma is 5x as powerful as 15.4 attack speed + .4 flurry. It seems you're far over-valuing flurry. I'd get about 4000 more dps from the fighter one, plus some extra mit.

Then you have the secondary effects. 160 primary/sta + 1000 mod vs 55 weapon skills? That's not close. Unless you're weighing cb for melee as much greater than pot for casters? Hasn't seemed to be the case on other gear to this point.

Also, still need the mitigation values for siren's armor to be boosted. The coral-encrusted gear and Tavalan helms all are still lower mit vs their coe hm counterparts.

Still some tweaks needed, but overall a much better reward for the encounter.
  18. Buffrat Well-Known Member

Yeah. Scout/Fighter Will of Gen'Ra effect is missing ~1000 abmod that all the other (known) effects have on it.

The fighter charm being better doesn't even bug me that much. But, I'd rather see you give the scout one 10 more MA and 30 more haste instead of restricting them to one archetype again.
  19. slippery Well-Known Member

And my point just got made.
  20. Kander Developer

Tweaks incoming.
    Buffrat, Twyxx and Lempo like this.