Heroes' Festival 2017 - Feedback and Bugs

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Oct 26, 2017.

1. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Trak and Djinn decided to simultaneously end their boycott of their zones, so more folks now have their Trak update, at least. (We were already on him when we found that Djinn was up, so took him down.)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Lera Well-Known Member

Why is there a 30-minute restriction anyway? The event's only two weeks, and a few more tokens isn't going to break anything. All it's going to do is frustrate people for no benefit.
  3. Chikkin Well-Known Member

not sure why the 30 minute limit but after patch it should be 30 minutes on the same mob on the same character.
    As altoholic I didn't mind it so much, just logged in another alt when call went out that a moppet is up. I doubt it will be a problem on live since PQ once killed won't spawn again in less than 30 minutes (my guess) It is only currently problem on test and before patch that fixes it.
  4. Mystfit Well-Known Member

Not that I would eeevvverrrrr argue with the great and wonderful Kaitheel but is it all about levels? I am currently level 26 fighting Theer (70) and I have the buff no problem. I mean I might not be getting in alot of damage at such a low level but with the buff ticking up, it means I'm landing. It almost seemed to be a class issue on particular mobs?
    Actually, it was only one spell..insidious whisper. Everything else failed.
  5. Mystfit Well-Known Member

OK, I wanted to type up our experiences this AM. For Theer fight, I was on a level 26 SK. Nothing hit but one spell at around 300 damage. A chanter said he had a spell Spellbaldes and counterblade hitting for tons of damage but most everything else wasn't landing. We all joked we were going to get a chanter. I then took a level 26 Channeler to the Trak fight and nothing hit except for Healing Arrow and it hit for 8 million at the start and 22 million near the end. A level two channler on Baelon did 2 million with HA at the start of the fight. Ranger/Assassians did 12 million with hit strike. It was suggested irresistible spells were affected. Channeler's Dissonant Decimation hit for regular type damage.
    BL's dont seem to be able to hit at all. (no irresistible spells)
    Now, as far as balance goes....we'd expect you'd want to fix it, but then after you might want to tweak the health since we assume our ability to kill would take a hit with those uber abilities gone.

EDITED TO ADD: The BL reported near the end of the fight that Sharpened Claws was hitting occasionally.
    Finora and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  6. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

So the issues appear to be as follows;

At level 2 each increment grants you 210% Potency.
    At level 100 each increment grants you 15% potency.

By the time you reach a large enough amount of increments, a low level can hit for a lot more than others.

Combine this with the classes with abilities that bypass mob avoidance (Channeler/Predator/Chanter all tested), you can get ridiculous numbers.

Currently I'm tanking Baelon with a level 2 Channeler;
    (1509461698)[Tue Oct 31 14:54:58 2017] Errror's Healing Arrow hits Baelon for 36510183 magic and 8 piercing damage.

It is likely worth noting that if this is fixed, the mobs will be unkillable in their current state. They have far too much HP without using broken abilities such as above.
  7. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Thank you Kaitheel. I know you are using the PQ model now but I was there over 2 hours waiting and during that time Darathar spawned more than 5 times.

You are quite correct it is very frustrating but I do sincerely appreciate all you do and your attempts to fix things. I still wish you would adopt us tradeskillers and decorators, we will be good, I promise. We do not require 100% of your attention so we could be a side pet when you do not have events that have to be pushed.

*sad Wood Elf eyes at Kaitheel*

We need a forever person.

Thank you again

Cyrrena
  8. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Would be nice if they all just spawned every 2 hours, were up for 30 mins and depopped. If you staggered the spawns (00:00, 00:30, 01:00, 01:30, 02:00) etc it'd be perfect imo.

People would know when spawns were due, and there would be something every 30 mins at least.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Brilliant solution! :D

Uwk
    who tried this stuff once, long ago, with a Fury and absolutely NOTHING hit... :-/
    Prissetta likes this.
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yes!! Give you something to do between holidays! /ducking_rapidly

Seriously, though, we would appreciate having someone in our corner again. :)

Uwk
    Prissetta likes this.
  11. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

I logged in 2hours and a bit ago (poneys just went back up) when Theer failed. Since then, we got Trak 3 times and Baelon twice. It seems there's a respawning problem.
    (we tried to empty the zones half an hour ago to see if it changed something)
    We're currently killing a second Trakanon in KP2

Theer was failed on last try if it's relevant.
  12. Finora Well-Known Member

Yep, that beasty was mine. Sharpened claws was the only thing I could get to hit, and that wasn't always but it was enough for her to get credit at level I think I started at 59 (so much xp for these she's like 70 now).
  13. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

For scouts having an issue with getting the hit counter on Baelon started, thanks to a tip from Froggen:

Evasive maneuvers, from the end of the scout line in the Shadows AA tree will get you started. Once that fires off, you seem to be able to incremebt a bit.
  14. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

I saw a recordbreaking 54 people on Test right now, which makes me very happy. Also, over the last few days, several who made temporary heroics and such to earn the achievement said they plan on keeping a presence on Test to help with other events.

So the Test-only achievement is a "win" in my book. We found lots of issues we wouldn't have been able to find without a larger population.
  15. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Oh yes, totally agree with what Mum said. It's amazing to see that many people on Test and my heart is all warm and fuzzy right now.

It seems we broke Trakanon (not sure for Baelon, we didn't engage), so failing seems to prevent the event from spawning back up. So far, forcing a second zone seems to work fine to get the event to spawn nonetheless, but it's not the best way to do it, for sure.
  16. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

It sounds like there's a fix in the works, but at least we know how to work around it for the moment!
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Brilliant! However it's done, I love to see the population of Test get an uptick! :D

Uwk
  18. LordTiras Well-Known Member

A very large group just ran the circuit (and most are still at it - sadly I need to sleep for that "work" thing now :( ) however we did have to ask for help in getting EJ to pop. 40 people wouldn't get a 2 zone to appear.
    Someone however was camped out in sb2 sitting around, and that paid off twice.
  19. Mystfit Well-Known Member

test just went down for a patch :)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Finora like this.
  20. Ratpack New Member

Maybe interesting: While fighting Trak (after downtime), the quest for killing him disappeared from my quest journal completely, while the buff for hitting him persisted. But I recieved credit for him after all.