Heroes' Festival 2017 - Feedback and Bugs

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Oct 26, 2017.

1. Kaitheel Developer

The Heroes' Festival has begun! We invite all Norrathian adventurers to commemorate another year of questing, raiding, tradeskilling, house decorating and socializing. Celebrators and event merchants, happy to share in the festivities, can be found in Qeynos Capitol District, or the City of Freeport. You won’t want to miss The Mischeva Play-Actors and their clothwork creations touring through Antonica, the Commonlands, Sinking Sands, Kylong Plains, the Eidolon Jungle, and Sundered Frontier!

New features for '17
    • Stormhold (TLE server) - Full event participation!
      • Due to zone access limitations the following fights are unavailable:
        • Baelon - Eidolon Jungle
        • Roehn Theer - The Stonebrunt Highland
    • Fallen Gate (TLE server) – No event participation due to limited content access.
    • The Mischeva Play-Actors and their clothwork battles are back, but now they are taking advantage of the Public Quest system!
      • Testers of this content will find a new achievement "Test: Mischeva's Champion" listed in the Live Events/ Heroes' Festival section. It is only available on Test!
    • 4 new festival themed house items sold by a Heroes' Festival merchant in Freeport and Qeynos Capitol District for Token of Heroism.
    • 6 new festival themed equipment items, including a mount, sold by a Heroes' Festival merchant in Freeport and Qeynos Capitol District for Mischeva's Tribute.
    Returning features:
    • Achievements:
      • Badge of Heroics - complete all repeatable holiday quests
      • Mischeva's Champion - defeat all patchwork bosses.
      • Darathar's Reprise - defeat Darathar
      • Djinn Master's Reprise - defeat Djinn Master
      • Trakanon's Reprise - defeat Trakanon
      • Roehn Theer's Reprise - defeat Roehn Theer
      • Baelon's Reprise - defeat Baelon
    • Mischeva's Clothworks event - A strange woman and her band of play-actors have been seen travelling around Norrath. Where they set up camp, they bring to life the stories of Norrath's past.
    • Mischeva's Tribute currency, dropped by the clothwork bosses across Norrath.
    • Quests:
      • Collection quest: "Samples of Destiny" (Quest is not repeatable)
      • "The Play's The Thing" (Quest is not repeatable)
      • "A Heroes' Feast in Qeynos!" and "A Heroes' Feast in Freeport!" - Tradeskill quests (Quest is repeatable, once per event)
      • "Festive Flames in …" quests in Freeport and Qeynos. (Quest is repeatable every 2 hours )
      • "Thumore's Absence" (Quest is not repeatable)
      • "Shattered Remains" (Quest is repeatable, once per event)
      • "Missing Decorations in …" quests in Freeport and Qeynos. (Quest is repeatable every 2 hours, max 20 times)
      • “… Band Aid” quests in Freeport and Qeynos. (Quest is Not repeatable)
      • “Aggressive Advertising in …” quests in Freeport and Qeynos. (Quest is repeatable every 2 hours, max 25 times)
      • "A Dream Adventure" (Quest is repeatable, once per event)
    Changes to existing content:
    • Missing Decorations in... - Killing gnolls now updates for the group.
    • Missing Decorations in... - Magical paper lanterns have more possible locations.
    • Missing Decorations in... - Placing magical paper lanterns now updates for the group.
    Currently, this event is scheduled to be active on live servers (but not Fallen Gate) from 11/3/17 at 12:01am until 11/15/17 at 11:59pm Pac time.

Something to keep in mind while you test this, it is active on test while Nights of the Dead is active, but this will not be the case on live servers.

~ Kaitheel
  2. Mystfit Well-Known Member

Well, I'm in! :) Have to patch though, so....it'll be awhile. Stupid DSL.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  3. Kaitheel Developer

We are aware of some bad spawn points for Mischeva's crew in The Commonlands. There is also some doubling up of Mischeva's crew and Darathar in Antonica. Both are being investigated.

Thank you!

~ Kaitheel
  4. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

There were 14 of us, plus many mercs in the zone in SS for the Djinn Master. The majority of us didn't get credit, even though we killed him. My buff counter was well over 300, and I didn't get credit, for example. Most of the others didn't either.

Edit: Correction, only the person who did the kill shot got the credit for the Djinn.
    We didn't make it with Trakanon with 10 people before the timer ran out.
  5. Test Taffies Active Member

My suggestion is that you give us an hour or more to accomplish the task of killing the muppet/puppet creature. Yes, it will not take so long on the live servers, but on test the lower level characters need a chance to do the quest and many times there are only one or two people there. That or "hit points" may need to be reduced.

Something else I noticed: when the creturespawns in the timer starts. It would be nice if the timer did not start until the creature was hit.
  6. Mystfit Well-Known Member

Ok, I'm out of practice, so I beg forgiveness for pointing out things that may be as intended.
    The Play's The Thing"- didn't see a quest feather.
    Qeynos Band Aid-Gimit has no quest objective feather over him either though that may be intended? After I spoke to him and he wanted to fight, he then had the book/feather over him. Also, he's a whimp. Pretty sure i knocked him out with a proc ;)
    Festive Flames in Qeynos-no issues :)
    When looking for places to put the fireworks for Missing Decorations, the pumpkins around Qeynos load in as a green sparkle first, which I chase as a possible spot to place my fireworks. only to have it load in as a pumpkin when I get there. Since it's not going to cross over on live, it's no biggie, I just wanted to point out since it's quite the trick in 'trick or treat' having me chase fake green sparkles...
    I am unable to find decoration spot #1. I went over every inch and checked these spawn locations. This could be user error on my part, so if anyone has any suggestions?
    1. First lantern in North Qeynosmay be found at:
      • 428, -21, -270 outside of the Ironforge Estate
      • 447, -20, -303 in front of Queen Antonia Bayle's statue at the Ironforge Estate
      • 349, -18, -243 behind The Jewel Box shop
      • 393, -24, -202 outside the city merchant building
  7. Raenius Well-Known Member

[quote="
    • Testers of this content will find a new achievement "Test: Mischeva's Champion" listed in the Live Events/ Heroes' Festival section. It is only available on Test!
    ~ Kaitheel[/quote]

Why did another achievement, which can`t be obtained on live servers, found its way onto them?
    The doable portion of available achievements on live-servers are getting smaller and smaller....

- Achievement-Category -> Beta: not obtainable on live-servers, but they are there. (4 in total)
    - Achievement-Category -> Events: either Fallen Gate and Race to Trakanon not obtainable: diminishing completable achievements by a total of 148! (#149 did update accidently for everybody worldwide).
    - Achievement-Category -> Quests -> Fallen Gate: again not obtainable: diminishing completable achievements by another 121!
    - Achievement-Category -> Guild General: broken for years, always shows 0/4 done for everyone when you inspect them, hence 4 not obtainable.
    - Achievment-Category -> Guild Raids: broken for years, always shows zero done for everyone, in total *trembling drums*....448!!! not obtainable.

So in summarition, there are 725! achievements a person cant obtain when you inspect them looking at their achievement-tab.
    Being one of few prime-achievers in this game, this influences my completed-ratio by quite a notch:

I have 2987 of 3977 completed: which is 75,10% done atm, with said flaws.
    If you get rid of those achievements/counters you can`t obtain on live - I am at 2987 of 3252: which is 91,8%

So, pretty please with lots of sugar on top, stop shoving un-obtainable achievements on servers where you can`t obtain them.
    Also, please dear Sir(s), get a coder in for half an hour to get rid of unobtainable ones and/or fix the ones regarding Guild General / Guild Raids.

Thank you for your consideration!

A humble tester.
    GrunEQ likes this.
  8. Maudit New Member

Heya,

I decided to take some time in between the beta testing and live server to come and test out the Hero's festival. Yes, the mount is definitely a good incentive. Unfortunately, I am a little bit overwhelmed at the task at hand, I have to start from level 1, with no vet bonuses and no coins or any items I could use to help with the leveling. Having to start from scratch is a daunting task! Sure, I could, (and did) claim a couple of bag of platinum using loyalty tokens, but sadly, I don't have much to use it on since the broker is slightly lacking...

So, my suggestion is to allow us to /test copy. Now, I realize that test server is a home to some, with it's own economy, so this is surely why copies are not possible, so I would suggest to either a) copy a character naked, with no coins or items but keeping it's levels (Adventuring, crafting, etc.), spells/abilities and tithe and such. or b) copy with what they are wearing and nothing else, with the exception of knowledge gained as mentioned in A. Since equipped items are attuned anyway.

This could help test to test some content, such as these PQ's, since it would allow some character with more "oomph" to help with completing them within the required time. Also, this would allow those of us that would love to help with test(s) to not have to start all over again.
    Prissetta likes this.
  9. Mystfit Well-Known Member

I don't know if it'll help but I created a trial heroic character. It comes in at 95, has a mount, gear and adept spells. Didn't have money which means I couldn't buy my warden port spell, but it at least made me able to do things :)
    Prissetta and Maudit like this.
  10. Maudit New Member

Thank you, I pondered that as well... but being a trial character, it felt... temporary restricted? I'm not going on test for a few minutes, get the goody and leave, so I made a new character instead since it seemed like a more permanent option. :)
  11. Mystfit Well-Known Member

Well, my understanding of a trial character may be out of date but doesn't it mean you can keep it as long as you want, it just won't level? I used a save of my characters looks and her AA spec and I consider her my 'vacation' or alternate universe Amemyst ;)
    Prissetta likes this.
  12. Maudit New Member

Sorry, bad choice of word, temporary should had been restricted. :D
  13. Chikkin Well-Known Member

test server always was, and is meant to be start from scratch.
    It dwindled in time to a small number of active players, and there are few who play exclusively there, but most of test server players are active on live servers. And jump on test when stuff is put in and needs to be tested. When you're on test server /join test. It's a cross server channel, holler if you need anything, someone might answer and come help.

When you're on another server type /join test.test to join that channel and listen in on going ons there

there's no magic way to get to 100 and your best gear as you have it on live, but pl-ing exists on test too :p
    Maudit likes this.
  14. Maudit New Member

Thank you Chikkin!
  15. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

Considering it's test server, and not crossable in any way to live, this should behave as Beta server IMO, and have buffers to boost levels for testing a bit more quickly. More test time, less grind grind!
  16. Mystfit Well-Known Member

I found my missing shiny! I can't click on it though for the first spot in Missing Decorations in Qeynos. [IMG]
  17. Test Taffies Active Member

Yes, that is where is spawned in for me as well. I do not remember it appearing there last year, a better location would be aroudn the fountain. I even deleted the quested and tried again, it still spawned in at that location.
  18. Test Taffies Active Member

Testalso has a bonus to leveling, you'll be 100 in no time. :)
    Prissetta likes this.
  19. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

To get this back on track

Kaitheel: please let us know when Ant, CL and SS are behaving again for the Mischeva mobs, and we can attempt to get enough bodies to take them down. The ones we've killed are only giving credit to the person who did the final blow, and the ones we can't kill in the time allotted ... well, maybe we can get enough weekend crowd. Thanks!

Testers, please be sure you're calling out attempts in the /test channel. Those on other servers, please keep an ear on /test.test I'll try to keep an eye on there while I am in beta, so I can hop over and help as needed.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and elflover like this.
  20. Kaitheel Developer

Can you please provide the loc?

~ Kaitheel