Heroes Decorating Event 2017

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Ocarinah, Aug 6, 2017.

1. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

You are welcome! Cannot wait to see what you come up with!
  2. kianne Well-Known Member

Ive finished the 3 i wanted to do when can i show them please ?
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

THREE?! My goodness, woman... :eek:

Uwk
    who'd love to be an awesome Speed Decorator such as thee... :D
  4. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

3?!?!? Holy cow woman! Tuesday, September 26th 12:01 am pst is the first day people can publish and show off their houses. People still have until Sept 25th to sign up for the event.
  5. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I am still deciding what house to use. I think I will just buy a new one in a City that way I know I have never published it before, just not sure where, probably Qeynos.

Cyrrena
  6. Merriel Well-Known Member

I don't think my home will be ready by Sept 26, and probably will be closer to November before it's done, and I don't think I've officially entered the home into this event yet, but I am working on one. Thank you, Oaky, for the inspiration. :)
  7. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Guess who finally chose a house??? YAY for me!! I bought a 4 room in South Qeynos right across from the banker, broker, and collector. I even started storing everything I think I want to use in it in a new dungeon maker.

I am making progress!!! Now if I could nail down exactly what I want to do I would be even 1 more step closer to starting!!!!

This is scary since I have never entered any decorating contest and I am very bad at it, but I am determined I will learn to make what I see in my head actually be realized in a house.

Cyrrena
    Faeonara, Ocarinah, Merriel and 4 others like this.
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Good luck! They're fun! :)

Uwk
  9. Merriel Well-Known Member

My house may be ready sooner than anticipated. I was able to get a good part of the decorating done last night. Still have a few details that need to be worked out though, before I can finish it up.
  10. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I thought of another question, I will use an example.

EX:

I publish house on October 1st. On October 4th, I find an item I really want to add. Can I unpublish the house to add the item? Or is it a make sure it is exactly how you want it before you publish as you cannot add anything after that?

Cyrrena
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hmm...be careful with that, as the videographers are likely to pounce eagerly on anyone who publicly declares they've Published, ready or not (like, that day). ;->

If it were me, I'd hold off on Publishing until the last minute (though the videographers will hate me for piling up the work on them)...oh, wait, hang on; I usually don't FINISH until the last minute, if not beyond... :oops:

Uwk
    Merriel, Faeonara and Trixwynter like this.
  12. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

The houses must be published by Sunday, November 26th 11:59 pm pst. Nobody should expect the houses to remain published after Monday, December 11th 11:59 pm pst. Items can be added after December 11th...can even be moved somewhere else if wanted, etc. If you think there might be Night of the Dead or Heroes' Festival items you might want to add, I would hold off on publishing until you at least see what is coming for Heroes' Festival. Once I receive email that you are finished I want to do a video as soon as I can. There is a possibility that I will contact the Honoree to see if they want to be in video tour so their reaction is recorded. Heck some of you might want to be there for the reveal to Honoree which I am okay with if we all can find a time that works. I am even open to doing video before house is even published if you want to be there with honoree in video especially if you decorated their house and need them to publish it. Most people are not telling me who they are honoring when they sign up so I won't know until I get email that the house is published. Hopefully I am the first to see the house and do video tour especially if I ask honoree to come along. I don't mind others videoing the house after my video tour is completed. If the person being honored is a videographer I will contact them as soon as I finish video and they can go do video of their reaction while it is uploading or know to hold off watching my video until they can do their reaction video.

I need to make sure people didn't have the house published before as well. Others like to go tour and vote on the houses. If you unpublish, the house will lose all the votes (not awards) on the house. People might get frustrated not being able to find the house if it is taken down for too long. I just don't want to have people getting upset that a major rule is broken since there is a drawing for prize(s). I probably won't have time to go back and do another video.

Now if you need to fix something cuz after publishing weird things happen (which does happen from time to time) and need to fix it, that I am okay with. I highly recommend exiting the house and reentering before you do publish to make sure nothing disappears to help avoid that issue at least. Even having a second set of eyes check things before you publish. Once you publish I recommend you leave house and reenter again and just make sure nothing looks like it bugged out before sending me email it is published.

Now if you just want to add an item or two or whatever, that is more tricky. If you realize a few hours later that you forgot to add something before publishing and I haven't posted video yet letting everyone else know the house is open for touring, that might be fine. Everyone has brain farts...omg I forgot to add this!!! You most likely can sneak a republish in that situation. If it has been more than a day or if I have posted video already, I will have to think about it so send me tell/mail to Antonia_Bayle.Ocarinah letting me know why you NEED to add item(s) before Dec 11th.
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

The gods know I've done that; there were THREE items I needed to fix with the Tinkerfest place. Fortunately, both the home owner and the videographer were kind. ;->

Uwk
  14. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Thank you so much for the advice.

I just bought the house and have never won any kind of award on any house so that wouldn't have been a problem anyway. I haven't placed one item in it yet so I highly doubt I will be publishing too early, but I will let you know as soon as I feel its complete so you can do what you need to do.

Seems if I attempt sleep, (I am a major insomniac), then all these ideas flood my brain, so I have a composition book/pen within arms reach at all times.

Thank you again for all your answers, advice, and encouragement. I truly believe Homeshowers' are the best the community has to offer.

As for adding an item, I have been watching the broker for 2 specific items, sorry cannot tell, but nobody has put any up for sale. I was thinking in the event that one or both of those items came onto the broker after I published. I would never dream of asking to add an item if more than a couple of hours or a maximum of a day had passed since publishing.

Cyrrena
    Merriel, Ocarinah, Faeonara and 2 others like this.
  15. Merriel Well-Known Member

Cyrrena, if the house you are decorating is on Maj'dul server, and you would like to pm me the items you are looking for, if I have them I'll be happy to help you out with them. It's completely up to you, of course. I finally emptied Daemora's in game mailbox out so I should get any mail you send. :D
    Ocarinah and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

You could probably also ask Shanette, Cyrrena, if she's seen them (if this isn't on Maj'Dul)...safe source! ;->

Uwk
    Merriel and Ocarinah like this.
  17. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

This is on AB, but thank you so much for the offer.

I have 7 characters on Maj'Dul but have never played there, they started on LDL and have merged their way across the universe.

Sometimes they feel like such worldly characters having traveled as far as they have to land on Maj'Dul. =)

Cyrrena
  18. Faeonara Well-Known Member

I have a couple of toons on AB Not sure what items you are looking for but send mail to Hanoka on AB and I will check and see if I have what you need . Will go make sure mail is empty now :) Good Luck on project !
  19. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

You are very welcome! I am sure your house will be perfect and person you are honoring will love it.

Hopefully this event will help you get all sorts of awards on your house and even into Hall of Fame. If you have other houses published that haven't gotten attention. Please ask for a video or send me mail so I can go vote.
  20. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I tried to reply to your tells from FG, wish they would fix this, and ended up sending you a mail before I saw the message here. I felt awful for not being able to talk to you right then, I felt rude. I can send mail to people on other servers too except FG, it says that you do not exist.

Thank you again.

Cyrrena