Heroes Decorating Event 2017

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Ocarinah, Aug 6, 2017.

1. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Hi everyone!

There have been lots of thank you / tribute houses popping up all over the place and the really awesome and cute one where you go inside a present to find a massive doughnut got me thinking. I have decided to run an event called Heroes Decorating Event 2017. I hope anyone and everyone decides to spread the love and join this event.

Event Name: Heroes Decorating Event 2017 (HDE17)
    When: Tuesday, September 26th 12:01 am pst through Sunday, November 26th 11:59 pm pst
    Start Decorating: Now! As soon as you send sign up email
    Who: Everyone regardless of skill level
    Type: Random drawing for marketplace item(s)
    Servers: All of them (including Fallen Gate and Test)
    Prize(s): One or Two 500 dbc marketplace item*
    Possibly will have participation prize

* If less than 20 entries are received, random drawing for only one 500 dbc marketplace item. If 20 or more entries are received two random drawings for 500 dbc marketplace item. Each winner can pick up to three items that total no more than 500 dbc but please note only two items can be gifted per day so will take time to send all prizes. Once winner(s) are drawn they will be contacted by email. Winner can pick any character on any server to receive prize(s). This character does NOT have to be their own character but do need a valid server name and character name for prize(s) to be distributed.

Details:
    With Heroes' Festival quickly approaching and all of the thank you houses popping up, I would love to see more people participating in this activity. Anyone on any server can decorate a house to honor their in-game heroes or thank them for being special. You can honor / thank Daybreak employees or Player-studio artists or Guides or Players. You can enter as many houses as you would like. Each house published for this event will be entered into the random drawing.

1. Please send email to EQ2BuildingInspector@gmail.com that includes your server name and character name of your main decorator character and brief summary of how many houses you hope you might be decorating. Also include best way to contact you.
    2. Must be received by Monday, September 25th 11:59 pm pst
    Rules:
    1. House must be new (never published before - will be checking if house is award free)
    2. Any house type can be used
    3. Can enter more than one house
    4. Honoree can be any Daybreak employee, Player-studio artist, Guide, Player, or RL person
    5. Honoree can be honored by multiple decorators
    6. Can decorate own house or the Honoree's actual house
    7. Can have any style you might think Honoree will like
    8. Can use any house items including marketplace items
    9. House must have a minimum of 150 house items combined (does NOT include items in moving crates)
      This counts totals all regular items, building blocks, books placed in house.
    10. House must be published with (HDE17) in front of house title.
    11. Must not be published before Tuesday, September 26th
    12. Must be published by Sunday, November 26th 11:59 pm pst
    13. Yes, this means you can publish any time between Sept. 26th and Nov. 26th
    14. House must remain published through Monday, December 11th 11:59 pm pst
    15. Must place a player-written book in house which includes the following:
      * Decorators Name
      * Name of Honoree
      * Server of House
      * House Title

* House Address including city
      * House Category on Leaderboards
    16. Once house is published, send the following information to email to EQ2BuildingInspector@gmail.com* Decorators Name
      * Server Name and Character Name of participation prize recipient

* Name of Honoree
      * Server of House
      * House Title

* House Address including city
      * House Category on Leaderboards
      * Reason for honoring / thanking Honoree
    17. All submissions must be emailed by deadline. Please do not send submissions in game or through forums.
    18. Please send an email as soon as each house is published (if you publish more than one at same time, can put both into one email)
    19. Each qualifying house will be entered into random drawing
    20. If 20 or more entries are received, there will be a second random drawing for another 500 dbc prize
    21. If you are using Honoree's house, you are responsible for coordinating with them to get access to house and having them publish house. If you are planning on moving everything to their house after event, you are also responsible for this as well. Remember house must be published through Dec. 11th.
    22. Drawing(s) will occur on Monday, November 27th. Prizes will be distributed no later than December 31st.
    23. If there is a participation prize, this prize will be sent to recipient which is included in email (recipient doesn't have to be the decorator)
    24. This is a player run event by Building Inspector a.k.a. Oaky. Daybreak is NOT responsible for anything regarding this event.
    Please feel free to reply to this post if you are excited about participating in this event. If you have questions, you can post here as well. I have tried to schedule event with enough time for you to participate in any Night of the Dead events others might run and also considered timing of all the other things going on such as City Festivals, Moonlight Enchantments, Night of the Dead, Heroes Festival, expansion beta, expansion release (KA was Nov. 15th), etc. I wanted it to be very flexible when you can submit houses was well. Hope you all have a blast doing this event. Anyone is welcome to do videos of house regardless if someone else has done them. I plan on videoing all of the houses and put in one thread but please don't let that stop you from doing a video (I am sure owners would love to hear everyone's reaction to their houses). This is a love fest!
  2. elflover Well-Known Member

Thank you Oaky! Rawr! I'll be there! Excited!
  3. Wizzam Well-Known Member

Wow, this definitely sounds like fun! I'm sorry to say, I won't be able to participate, but I wish everyone luck in this contest!
  4. Ratbill Well-Known Member

Ohhh... this so perfectly suits an idea I have. Email will follow before deadline.
  5. Zannya Member

I have my Honoree and Ideas picked out. Now just to pick a house type!!! Very Excited!! This will be my very first event.
  6. Katz Well-Known Member

That's a great idea! Sadly, I can't do any more swaps/crafting until next spring due to my work schedule. I'll be looking forward to seeing what everyone else is doing with this. :)
  7. Merriel Well-Known Member

Hmm I really like the idea of this and have some ideas. Not sure I can finagle this though, with my school schedule being what it is, plus we have so many projects in the works right now that we haven't had time to complete. Will have to talk to Vas and Cey about this and maybe we can at least do a small house.
  8. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

Well. . . . IF I can get the game re-loaded onto my machine and log into THURGADIN I will definitely join! Count this as a placeholder!
  9. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

I want this to be easy as possible so that people that normally don't participate in this sort of thing might give it a try. If you sign up for a house and don't complete that is fine. If you sign up for one house and end up doing two or three or more that is fine too. I just want to get an idea of how many are participating. If you have one of those projects you have in works that could just be dedicated to someone that is fine too. I just put an item count limit so someone doesn't put 5 items down and submits sort of deal. Timing is so that people that love using new items will have the new Night of the Dead items, Heroes Festival items and even new expansion items (for those quick like a bunny). I also made it so those that don't like getting prizes can give theirs to someone else. If you want to dedicate one house to many people that is cool too.

The main goal is to get people participating and thinking positive about others.
  10. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

For those that cannot participate, I totally understand. You will be missed.
  11. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

12. Gretel Well-Known Member

This is a wonderful idea and I want to send a huge 'thank you' your way, Oaky, for doing something for the community! *hugs*
    Faeonara, Merriel, Ocarinah and 2 others like this.
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Count me in! Not sure on the details, but I'm intrigued! :)

Uwk
    Faeonara, Merriel and Ocarinah like this.
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

What happened to your game? :(

Uwk
    Merriel likes this.
  15. Merriel Well-Known Member

I'm still not sure Vas or Cey will be participating in this, but I'd still like to do a small home for this event. I may be on my own with it, though. :D
  16. Chikkin Well-Known Member

I'll whip something or possibly 2 somethings up
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Count me in, Oaky! I'll send the details later, once I get them worked out in my head. :)

Uwk
    Faeonara and Ocarinah like this.
  18. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

I started sending private messages to people that are signing up for this event to see what houses they themselves have undecorated that they don't have plans for in the future. I decided instead of that maybe this could be a place for everyone (even those not signing up for this event) could post their houses that they have available. It would help people get ideas for not just this event but even others like Shanette's NotD event, any Frostfell events and next years swaps. I know some of you have long lists but even like top 5 or 10 would be at least something to give people ideas.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Cool idea! Might be overwhelming with me and mine, though; most of my nicely decorated places (or even decorated, period ;->) were done by other folks in various swaps! :D

Uwk
    Ocarinah likes this.
  20. Febrith Well-Known Member

So Oaky I totally would have put my name down for this one but - timing! I'd literally just finished Shanette's Garden of Friends:) I can't wait to see what everyone does though:)