Heroes Decorating Event 2017

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Ocarinah, Aug 6, 2017.

1. Chikkin Well-Known Member

the best thing about this IS timing!

Start Decorating: Now! As soon as you send sign up email

and we have time through Sunday, November 26th 11:59 pm pst

holey moley! that's over 3 months!

the second best part about this is we don't have to wait until we have something asigned like for swaps, hop into any house of yours and go at it. If the person you're honoring is alive, plays the game and/or wants it in their own house you can always give them layout and copy/move all items to their own house
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Exactly, yeah! :D

Uwk
    Faeonara and Ocarinah like this.
  3. Febrith Well-Known Member

Naturally I was speaking just from a personal timing point of view.
    There is still a lot of time for sign-ups so I may yet get some further inspiration before the clock runs out! /grin
  4. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Hope you are able to sign up Febrith and no pressure cuz I know how busy it came be this time of year.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Faeonara like this.
  5. Tenchigirl15 Well-Known Member

I love this idea! is it a house swap or a single decorating event? sorry I broke my glasses last week and had to try to slow read to the screen to read the post. :oops:
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Ocarinah like this.
  6. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

No it is not a traditional house swap. It is a house contest with a random drawing for winner so skill level doesn't matter giving everyone same chances. If you want to decorate your own house and keep it yours, that works. If you want to get access to your honoree's house to decorate it, that works. If you want to decorate your own house and then after event move everything into your honoree's house that works too. I wanted this event to be very flexible, keep people thinking positively about others, and hopefully get those that haven't participated in any events before to join in the fun. There was mention in past of people wanting to honor people like Den Mum, Lera, or even Devs, etc. I am not up to another event like was done for Niboota but I thought this was a good way there is no pressure and yet people can do something nice for those people we look up to and want to thank for everything they do. If you sign up and then have real life mess with game time, people don't need to stress for not being able to finish.
  7. Tenchigirl15 Well-Known Member

sorry for late reply but will send you an email right away! going to pick out a house asap :D
    Ocarinah and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  8. Tenchigirl15 Well-Known Member

9. Tenchigirl15 Well-Known Member

hi Oakie, me again. on the minimum 150 item count does that include building blocks too and does it have to be one room or can I do multiple rooms? just asking before I make more ideas. ;)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  10. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Oh I thought I replied to your email...hmmm. The 150 item count minimum counts everything except stuff placed inside moving crate so can be books, building blocks, regular house items. You can do one room, multiple rooms, full house, no break, with break out, city house, prestige house, small house, big house, whatever you wanna do cuz that part doesn't matter. I just don't want someone slapping 10 items down sort of thing since each house is entered into the random drawing instead of each person.
  11. Tenchigirl15 Well-Known Member

great! thank you :)
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Heh! One bit of decor I have in mind will easily top that minimum. ;)

Uwk
    Ocarinah likes this.
  13. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Hi Ocarinah

I will try and do something for this event, it will be my first ever actually attempting to decorate something. I will try and get something together in my head and send you the email.

Thank you all for running events like this and your offers of help in Homeshow so I can make something other than a warehouse, they are all greatly appreciated.

Cyrrena

PS Yes, I am the one from AB
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Ocarinah like this.
  14. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Awesome! I am so excited to see what everyone comes up with!!! :):cool::rolleyes:
  15. Merriel Well-Known Member

I have already begun decorating a house for this event, along with some help from Vas and Cey. It may not be a very large build, but I think everyone will enjoy it. :)
  16. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Awesome! If things go well for me during TOT17 event I want to try to do a house or two even though so many deserve houses *crossing fingers* someone else is doing houses for them.
  17. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Submitted my email with a question. Thought I should post the question here as well, someone else may be wondering too.

Can the honoree/honorees be people that have been influential to you in your real life or do they have to be from in-game?

Regards

Cyrrena
  18. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

I willing to open it up to people from real life instead of from in game if you had a book explaining who they are to you somewhere inside the house.
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

That's cool! I know there's a lot of folks who have done memorials, or would like to, or something to honor special folks who are still with us. :)

Uwk
    Ocarinah likes this.
  20. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Thank you so much for answering so quickly. Now to get to work!!!

Cyrrena