Hemotoxin Stealth Nerf

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Jrel, Aug 3, 2015.

1. Jrel Well-Known Member

It doesn't matter if those hits are fixed. I'm hoping we can start testing another round of Scout changes soon; before the Campansion. What really matters is T1 scouts can't boost their own CB/Pot to 3K+ (not a typo) like "certain" casters can, or we can't retain increments long enough, or build them fast enough in a few seconds to get higher boosts to our own stats/damage in order to compete with "certain" casters. If all of that contradicts DB's vision, we're relegated to being T2 DPS/health debuffers now. (Well, except Beastlords, they're T2 novelties).
    Froakie likes this.
  2. Laserbeak Member

Last night came back and started playing again last night.. albeit my gear is old.. by months but still raid quality... the highest hit I had in raid.. was 6million..(bolster, ev...my spot group in the mt grp) I don't know what exactly is going on.. going to try a race change...and betraying to ranger and betraying back..Months ago.. prior to hacking and ethreals...and the 3 different neck procs i've tried..I was still only getting 8mill high hits.. (with less stats than I have now).. I don't know why home is so broken..We've even tried having other people.. who get very high hemo hits.. jump on my toon and play them.. to only get 1/5th of the hemo hits they can muster on thier own account using the same rotation/group setup..

Ive thought of putting in a petition..But I doubt DBG cares about the fortunes of Homex. Me, darkonx, Buffrat and mogrim actually sat down for 2 hours one night.. using different healers/ buffs. swapping to mid level poisons to the exemplars.. tried resetting poisons while temps are up ...different god buffs..food/drink.. and a gaggle of other things.. with nothing effecting poisons what so ever.

shrug.. just really sucks, my button pressing seems to rival most anyone.. but without those 20mil+ hemo hits (which people were getting months ago) to supplement that parse... I can barely stay ahead of the mimic'ing chanters.. really stinks..
  3. Laserbeak Member

• Also, this was as of this morning... the left spike in hemo damage was the cb/pot proc neck.. the right is the finisher III neck... (with all temps and clickies running) notice the low hits of 930...? this is when frontload is running which is curious.. because.. I thought they took that small damage proc out? ....wtf?
    • [IMG]
  4. Jrel Well-Known Member

They left the low hits of Frontload in.

There are a few people we can thank for the hemo damage-output-nerf. At high end raid level, I find hemos are doing 1/3 of what they used to do.

Finisher III items don't work because the "damaging attacks" or "damaging abilities" don't apply to hemotoxins. Only something that will give potency or CB or AGI.

I was going to post some ways to boost your hemo, but someone will just find something to complain about and get us nerfed further. Talk to Deathfrom on BB, or ask in guk.*** channel for me if I'm on an alt. It is still crap damage though.
  5. Laserbeak Member

Shrug people who were getting super high hemo hits swear by the finisher neck.. and to be honest.. I read in patch notes.. and if you look at the tool tab of frontload.. they absolutely took the small does XXXX damage out.. so idk what you're talking about. Also according to devs, from friends I have talked to there have been zero nerfs to hemo.. so you're wrong here also.. they're waiting for the fall xpac to do the major changes, as brigs and rangers in my guild are still getting 20+million hits as they always have... I think you've just caught the hemo HIV... but im 100% sure you're still getting higher than 6million hits im getting. So I dont think we suffer from the same issue.
  6. Laserbeak Member

Nm I misread it still does add that small damage... but there still is No reason.. my sin gets 6mill high hits (I was getting 8-9million 4 months ago) and brigs/rangers get 20mil+.... whilst other sins get 30mil..uhg... thinking about betraying to ranger and back.. and seeing what happens.. maybe a race change too.. maybe the rats poisons trigger % thing is hurting me? Idk just out of ideas.. and getting very frustrated.. was hoping BY NOW there would be a huge ca damage increase or a base CB increases like focused casting on PFT.. so you know buttons and skills mattered again..but alas the ****** poison bandaid remains :(
  7. Jrel Well-Known Member

I was looking at your CB vs potency ratio, and I have about 1400 potency vs 1300 CB in raid. This allows me to get higher hemo hits; however, my auto attack won't be as much as yours probably. Also, according to the poison formula, it benefits from more potency than CB, but not by enough to make it a requirement to always add potency. Overall for total damage output, more CB is still better for an assassin. Maybe less when the devs start boosting CAs, but when we're still lagging in raid and having FFU chains fail, we have to rely on WDB and CB to get us through with autoattacks.

Also, I never said hemo itself was nerfed. My post was a direct gripe to those who know what's really going on with the hemotoxin mechanics, and me just complaining in general since our hemo damage is much less now. Nothing has been done to boost CA damage in return for us to keep up with T1 DPS casters. Not to mention the sick ethereal caster group proc. And that's fine, except no melee groups get the same benefit.
  8. Khan New Member

This is your post Title:
    Hemotoxin Stealth Nerf

You say: Also, I never said hemo itself was nerfed.

Seriously......
  9. Jrel Well-Known Member

10. Khan New Member

Did my post make you mad that I used your Title to refute your claim that you never said the Hemo was nerfed :p :)
  11. Jrel Well-Known Member

No. I thought you were really funny, or maybe being a troll. But I think trolls are funny in their own way. However, if you failed to comprehend the sentence after "Also, I never said hemo itself was nerfed", I also posted what subtext means just for you. If you also failed to comprehend that I got Gninja to personally explain half of what happened to hemotoxin damage, then I can't help you fully understand why I started this thread.
  12. Khan New Member

I read your post, I understood it. You claimed Hemo was nerfed. Then you claimed you never said that. End of story. You think I was being funny or being a troll, I think you are a short man who is as round as he is short. Only you and I will know who is right with their thoughts and who is not. I also read Gninja's response to your incorrect and sensationalist claim. Perhaps when you think troll, think more of yourself? If you want people to understand why you now claim you created this thread, I would suggest writing plainly when you first post, not after you have been decisively proven incorrect by the Dev's.
  13. Bloodguts Well-Known Member

If you fail to understand that what Jrel means is that Hemo wasn't nerfed directly, because the tooltips doesn't say anything different than what it's always said, but instead he means that Hemotoxin's inner workings seem to have changed somewhat to cause the drastic change in damage for him.

If you don't understand that, and you just keep attacking him for what everyone else here can easily understand, then you're just making a fool of yourself.
  14. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

hemotoxins work on stormhold idk guys
  15. Crychtonn Active Member

I'm fairly confident at one point the Finisher effect was stacking and now it's not. Our whole raid noticed after FTH was added and our assassin that was using a Finisher neck got the Finisher ear and used both. His hemo hits skyrocketed. They have since then dropped back down to where they were before. A Dev did post that they made fixes to the Finisher effect so I have to guess stacking was or is part of what they changed.
  16. Gillymann Abusive Relationships Aren't Healthy. J S.

Gninja posted somewhere that hemo's were not nerfed. However. adjustments were made to the proc mechanics on items, which he seemed to have acknowledged have effected hemo damage levels.

I primarily play a brigand, and I have found my heroic cb neck outperforms the finisher neck, it's really not even close.
  17. Liou_Unrest Active Member

Yeah man, scout CA's REALLY need to be looked into. And an in-game title "Queen" awarded for complaining when you're already at the top.
  18. SacDaddy420 Active Member

Damn casters. amirite, Jrel?
  19. Jrel Well-Known Member

20. Jrel Well-Known Member

Haha, sup SacDaddy. Do you still play? Casters are pretty boss right now; especially with a few of the summer wave ethereals.