Hear there is an upcoming XP gain nerf?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Moose9, Nov 12, 2012.

1. Lyndro Active Member

This isn't all true either. The group XP is accurate. We will now give you solo XP when you are grouping if you aren't mentored down, and you are on the hatelist when the creature dies.

Solo XP was only reduced if you are mentored or fighting green con creatures. In this case you don't get the "Encounter Bonus Experience" anymore. You'll probably still level faster if you mentor down, it just won't be an order of magnitude faster than fighting level appropriate content.
    Calthine likes this.
  2. Guiscard Active Member

What you are saying is we can't go to Chelsith and get the XP like we got yesterday?? That's a Nerf!!
  3. Kalderon Well-Known Member

It is, but it doesn´t mater that much at all oO seeing peeps here on forum which jumped to 95 in 60 minutes. Even i, 2 boxed+merc, got 2 chars up 1 level by slowly killing mobs oO (not in chel or seb tho ^^)
  4. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

You get significant LESS XP if you are not an AE class when actively grouping.
    I wish I knew what problem you were trying to solve, because this seems to be rather convuluted for no joy. Raid guilds still got to 95 in less than 2 hours. 1 hr if you are an ae tank, 2 hrs if you were a non ae class in the same group. Yes I know some of you got there much faster.

AND as an illy a lot of things apparently do not put you on the hate list apparently like "Peace of Mind", Prismatic Chaos, Synergism, Destructive Rampage yet if I do not use those I am not 'being my class'.

We also need a message stating, you were denied the encounter bonus, so we can tell when it is AWOL for sure.
  5. Mohee Active Member

Lyndro, I think you need to look at things again. XP is the same with 2, 3, 4, or 5 people in the group. When you add a 6th person, the xp is cut DRAMATICALLY. I'm talking going from 6k xp per kill with either 2, 3, 4, or 5 people, to suddenly the same level of mob only giving 1.2 or 1.8k xp per person if you invite a 6th to make a full group.

Hope this was just an oversight and it a bug.
  6. Ridolain Active Member

Ah, okay. I see what you are saying (though it still doesn't bother me in the least) Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to belittile anyone if they like ther exp, I just don't sweat it after so long of playing MMOs. I enjoy the ride more than the destination.

Hm. For my guardian and BL I ususally am always on the hate list. My other classes not so much as my merc grabs it. Though I am not sure what you mean by "The more powerful your playstyle the more likely you are to take an xp penalty". Meaning if you one shot mobs you would get less exp since the mob never had you on the hatelist before they died?

Oh and I've suffered though the solo questlines, let me tell you. Sheesh. Though, I did find I got more exp doing those while adventuring than just grinding out dungeon exp.

The thing is, that is just as much a player mindset. I quest just fine in groups with my guild. No one is going insane over "OMG more people means less exp!!!!". As a MMO, this fame is staring to fail on the "massive multiplayer" aspect (IMO) because people are starting into the "me me" mentality. And I still point out, no complaining about power leveling ever came out until it was douple exp days.

People play how they wish, and it doesn't affect my gaming in any way. There are countless ways at lower levels to get exp ... tons of quests and things to do. Though I do agree it is a fast way to level it is not the "only" way.

Okay, if this is the case, then I rethink my opinion on the exp changes dramatically. So getting a full group is penalized? That is quite strange.

This will be the last I comment on this, though I will definately keep my eye on this. It is interesting indeed.
  7. Twyxx Well-Known Member

Yeah, we were running a full group for a while then one person left and the xp doubled. That doesn't seem to be what's intended.
  8. Pakhet Member

Yeah. We were getting about 5800 per kill with 5. Adding a 6th cut it down to about 1400 per kill. MAJOR penalty to having a full group.

As for the needing to be an AoE class - you don't. Healers get on the hate list by healing, buff classes can get on it by casting a group buff, damage works too. So it's really easy to get onto the hate list. I had no issues on any of the classes I was playing to get full XP, AoEs or not. :)
  9. crazyeyes321 Active Member

Truth. If people dont want to quest, and prefer to plvl alts/ etc the situation is drawn out more. Luckily, most server dungeons are pretty much empty except for double exp weekends. Personally, I don't think it makes sense to double penalize the plvl system at this point in the game. The whole point of the past few expansions has been endgame, not the journey to endgame.
  10. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

This appeared to me to be more along the lines of with 6 people you were more likely to have 1 person not make the hate list on something. Then since there was 1 person NOT on the hate list it defaulted to old style XP. It appears to affect the whole group when there is 1 trailer who is AFK.

This is the same as PQs, they can't make it consistent because it is too complex. The hate list was an extremely poor choice that failed going both ways.
  11. Pakhet Member

Everyone in the group was on the hate list (one mob test, ACT, if they were hitting it they were on the list). And when I tested the hate list thing by purposefully not putting my toon on the hate list, it didn't hurt the group XP with 5.
  12. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

I am not sure how you know that, as you can't 'see' the hate list. I understand you are saying you 'hit' it or whatever. I am saying the XP code that reads the hatelist may have a/some bug(s). With all the procs, AA, etc we can't really know who is on/off the hate list unless they make it available.
  13. Geothe Active Member

Your interpretation of the new XP mechanics is wrong.
    Someone going AFK during an encounter, and not getting on the hate list will NOT negatively impact the XP gained by the rest of the group. As an example. say killing a heroic mob solo gives 1k XP and 5k bonus encounter XP. If everyone in the group fights the mob, everyone gains 6k XP each. If one person is AFK and not on the hate list, everyone else in the group will gain 6k XP, the AFK person will be subject to the "old" grouping XP rules, where they would get a fraction of the XP gained. If 6 ppl in the group, ~ 1/6th of the encounter XP (although, it wasn't an exact linear breakdown in the past if I recall). So MR AFK would get around 1k XP while everyone else active got 6k.

Granted, it definitely does appear as if there is a bug in the system with 6 man groups, throwing a wrench in the process that needs to be fixed.
  14. Nynaeve Active Member

they should just give more quest XP. simple and easy, and less xp in instances.

ALSO, they should give XP according to real level when questing mentored down. I just love to do old content that I missed, to see all the funny quests. Why am I getting xp like I was level 20 then? It makes no sense, because it takes the same time at lv 92 to do questlines, no matter what level they are. yes it is easier a bit for sure to kill mobs, but the quest XP should be SCALED UP! or at least the rewards should be scaled up.-

This would also make much more content re-available to people who just dont bother to do these low, but often interesting quests!
  15. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

I agree with you that is how it is 'stated' that it works. I am saying it appears bugged and sometimes treats the AFK-er as a merc and reduces the entire party's XP. However since we can't see the 'hatelist' we don't really know what is going on, just keep pulling the slot machine lever to see what XP we get.
  16. Vinyard Active Member

Absolutely not. Solo play should never reward more exp than group based content.
  17. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

I completely agree Nynaeve, QUEST XP needs to be increased by an order of magnitude. 10k for a quest where you had to go find stuff is less than 2 mobs in skyshrine, and that is wrong IMO.
  18. Tyrus Dracofire Well-Known Member

i am joining hate list.
    xp is too low at 92 lvl when i kill several lizards, hordes, and i see i gain 25 xp pts per kill? huh, they are yellow conned when that should be at least 200-300 xp per kill, now i am very bored and no sense of feeling the progress.
    made 10%xp for 6 hrs? way too slow
  19. Geothe Active Member

You are doing something extremely wrong if what you claim is true.
    Guild members just soloing in the new Zones we nearing 1 level after ~2 hrs last night.
  20. Atan Well-Known Member

Truth be told, we started a raid last night with 24 level 92 players, in 90 minutes we had 24 level 95 players.
    This is disturbing if accurate.

I've not tested it yet as we leveled to 95 in a raid, but I will get to some alting in the next few days and be able to test the xp values with 3,4,5,and 6 players in a group and all on the hate list. I will for sure check the values you posted..
    Kalderon likes this.