Hear there is an upcoming XP gain nerf?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Moose9, Nov 12, 2012.

1. Livejazz Well-Known Member

So, IOW, as content goes green, it gives you less experience, thus cutting down the options of where you can level solo & continually making quests in your journal less relevant & less worth doing.

Honestly, you people just don't get it :(
  2. Atan Well-Known Member

I have to agree with you on this one. They finally took initiative to address the xp issues with the game and they came up with a solution that didn't solve the initial problem, AND penalized players for what they were already doing.

To recap, the only issue with the legacy system was it provided large negative reinforcement regarding inviting people to your group when grinding xp. The new system _still_ provides significant negative reinforcement for inviting someone to my group when grinding xp. But at the same time, it penalizes people for a things that were previously fine.

To me, its just one more glaring example of how far out of touch SoE decision makers are with how the game is actually played by players.
  3. Lempo Well-Known Member

While I didn't see it myself my guild leader and others noticed it.
    Something does appear to be bugged with a 6th player in the mix.
    We skipped raiding last night to get everyone leveled, a few got 4+ leveled I think one got 6.
  4. Bhoni Fingers New Member

Something is really wrong with the XP gain after expansion. At 90, with a healer merc Im seeing 60-100 points of XP for a yellow con mob? Really???

I ran through a few of the Withered Lands quests and saw almost no xp gain. 5 hours of playing and I get a half a yellow bub for my issues?

This has GOT to be a bug!

Bhoni
    90 Necro
    Guk
  5. Geothe Active Member

That sounds about right. You are running with a merc, so that is half the XP right there. You are killing solo mobs, so you won't get much XP just grinding at all. The big XP in killing mobs is if they are HEROIC encounters, as those grant a nice encounter bonus at the end. Solo+merc killing solo-con mobs will never give good XP.
  6. Bhoni Fingers New Member

I totally understand that solo grinding is not good xp, I only mentioned that as reference. At 90, my necro with a healer merc is getting almost the exact same xp numbers as my 48 char with a healer merc on non-quest, solo yellow mobs.

I have had my account since the servers rolled live originally so Im used to the flow of the game. This feels really, really off to me.

The only thing I can think of is that I was mentored down to 55 at the time the expansion went live. Could me xp be stuck there?

When I log on in the morning I will ask a guild mate to group and see if there is an xp difference.

Bhoni
  7. Regolas Well-Known Member

The majority of the time I was leveling with a group of 3-5, but there was a point where I spent an hour or so with a full group.

At the time I didn't notice an issue, as I was 2 boxing the tank and the healer and was trying to get on the hate list for every mob for both toons while everything was dieing really quickly, so I was flat out.

But, thinking about it now, my tank did seem to level slower considering he had an extra 20% vet bonus from my ranger. My healer was almost 95 by the time I switched from ranger to tank so I wasn't watching his xp bar so much.
  8. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

They seriously destroyed boxing XP.
  9. xephier Active Member

This is a seriously bad idea, when will SOE learn, people HATE nerfs, people LIKE buffs, people are CUSTOMERS, make people happy or sell the friggin game to someone who can.
  10. Atan Well-Known Member

Lyndro sir.

I challenge you to log into the game and ask 5 random level 95 players to explain the new xp system. See if even one of them at 95 can explain it correctly. Repeat the process with 10 people under level 50.

I think you'll find you guys chose the wrong system with the revamp.
  11. Pakhet Member

Easy. Pull one mob. Do not hit it, do not buff, do not do anything. Hate meter 0% - 0 DPS - ACT records no actions. You get lower amount of XP, but group doesn't get hit because group is at 5. Pull one mob, hit it, hate meter goes up above 0%, ACT records you do DPS so you are on the hate list, group gains horrible XP because there are 6.

It's really easy to know you are on the hate list if you just pull one mob. There is a hate meter... if you're above 0% you're on the list.

They fixed it today though in the patch. First patch note is that groups of 6 can now receive the solo amount of XP. :) so yay thank you SoE!
  12. Mermut Well-Known Member

Set level quests give a set amount of xp. Only quests that scale care about your level. And, frankly, that makes sense.