Not A Bug Harvests no longer showing tier of crafting

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Juraiya, Jan 28, 2020.

1. Juraiya Well-Known Member

After today's update, if you hover over a harvest - or right-click and select Examine - harvests are no longer showing what levels of equipment they craft for. This is VERY bad for crafters, particularly newer crafters.

This just started today, so it was caused by today's update.
    Akbar, Pengana, Moonfyre and 55 others like this.
  2. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I find that incredibly confusing. I need levels.
    Pengana, Moonfyre, draidean and 9 others like this.
  3. Marae Well-Known Member

I agree, this needs to be addressed, pronto. We have new players in our guild and as I mentioned in the tradeskills thread, they have enough to confuse them as it is. Thankfully, you can still see the levels in a harvest depot, but not everyone stores their harvests that way, and many of us have stashes in our inventory bags and/or bank as well for when we're away from home.

I can't imagine why they did this. It serves no purpose that I can see; it has to be a mistake.
    draidean, AOE1, Clawrift and 7 others like this.
  4. Tikshadow New Member

I thought it was just me. Sorry/Not Sorry, it's not just me! Whew!
    Cyrrena, AOE1, Clawrift and 1 other person like this.
  5. Mermut Well-Known Member

Uhm... of all the changes to be made to crafting... they make this one?
    draidean, Breanna, Cyrrena and 7 others like this.
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Let's hope and pray it is a Bug, and not a Feature. :-/

Uwk
    draidean, Breanna, Cyrrena and 5 others like this.
  7. Tinkrbelle Active Member

This is awful! Please hotfix this!

We need the resource levels in the info of the item. This has to be a bug,
    I can't imagine this would be intentional.
    draidean, Cyrrena, Clawrift and 3 others like this.
  8. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

They're showing correctly on Test, but we're out-of-sync with you folks. I don't know if we managed to dodge the bug due to the Test patch schedule(ish), or if we have a fix you folks don't.
    Breanna, Cyrrena, Benito and 3 others like this.
  9. Ephras Active Member

I don't think this is a bug. This lack of information change makes the game harder to play when it comes to harvesting goblins and ponies. I don't like it.
  10. Mermut Well-Known Member

Heck, do us the courtesy of telling us if the change is a bug or a 'feature'. We're not mushrooms.
    Moonfyre, draidean, elflover and 11 others like this.
  11. Zynt Feldon's sock puppet

We certainly are being treated as such though.
  12. Marae Well-Known Member

I thank my lucky stars I'm as organized as I am. Otherwise I would have NO idea where to find what I need for crafting. I'd be chained to my depots, since that's the only place you can see what the level of a material is.

What annoys me most is, our guild just got several new people, and with all the things that are broken, helping them is a nightmare, because every time I go to give them a tip or show them an easier or better way to do something, it doesn't work that way anymore. And this is just one more of those things. And I can't even tell them whether or not it's going to change back.
  13. AOE1 Well-Known Member

There was a time, way back when, that I would have said the same thing but now with what I have seen this xpac, it could well be intentional and I fully expect to read 'working at intended'. :mad:
  14. Veleje Member

The the devs, I can still see mats levels if I take mats from my chest in the house, clear oversight, if you want to destroy crafting you can be even more efficient...:rolleyes::(

Ah, just dawned to me, new spell is coming, to show mats levels if I fork some money, correct?
  15. Juraiya Well-Known Member

It's absolutely amazing that there's no confirmation of this yet. Hey, devs. Can ya grab some harvests into your inventory and look at it? It's pretty obvious that there's a problem.
  16. Marae Well-Known Member

I have this horrible feeling that they did something globally that removed all those numbers, but to reverse it they will have to go back and re-enter the information one item at a time. That, however, does not let them off the hook. Let the re-entry begin!
    draidean, Rhodris, Cyrrena and 3 others like this.
  17. Juraiya Well-Known Member

That's what I was wondering about. If someone did a global "search and replace", then it might require either a complete rollback, or someone spending many hours doing data entry.

But you know what? If someone made a bonehead move like that, then that person deserves to have to spend hours doing data entry to fix it.
    draidean, AOE1, Tkia and 3 others like this.
  18. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Hmmm... I am not so sure it would take a single entry over and over.

As I was working on Qho's lovely obsessions today, I noticed that an animal den, and schools of fish, were named differently. Well, so is everything else from zone to zone.

But if I look at a database, and I see 'kettle of fish', no matter where I place that in the game world, its going to have the same name, and the same level. So a level 0 - 9 harcesting item could be placed anywhere, even overthere, and it will still show as a 0 - 9 crafting item.

My opinion is that its database entries that have to happen on only one 'type' like 'kettle of fish'. Still a lot, but not as many as reloading the data for every kettle of fish.

Unless I've misunderstood something posted in this thread, if so, I apologize.
    Cyrrena and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

No longer the case, Mum; not showing on Test any more, either. At least not in the Bank supplies. :-/

Uwk
    draidean, Zynt, Breanna and 1 other person like this.
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Considering that THIRTY-NINE PEOPLE have Liked the original post, you'd think that'd put us up higher in the "put on hold" rankings. :-/

Uwk
    draidean, AOE1, Juraiya and 4 others like this.