Harvesting Products list

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, and New Player Questions' started by ARCHIVED-Twoofus, Feb 3, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Twoofus Guest

I was looking for a nice list of tradeskill materials, but couldn't find one (not quickly anyways).
    So I made the following list, which fits nicely on an A4 paper. For those who would like the list, here is the document (word format).

It looks like this:

[IMG]

EDIT: Feb 10th 2005
    - Added the rat pelts to Tier1.
    - Fixed some minor layout/spelling errors

If you find this list usefull, you might also like the skillnames/book overview here.

Enjoy...
    Message Edited by Twoofus on 02-10-2005 04:01 AM
  2. ARCHIVED-GrimStone Guest

Great list, now if we can just get it through peoples heads that the rares they find are only worth as much as the item made from them can be sold for.

I find it so ludicrus that someone would want 2+g for a Low quality hide, when it can only be used to craft a lvl 10 item.

Add to that when you consider that you are prolly gonna need Artisan refining 4, and artisan components 5&6 that sell for around 5-15gp each... what is the point in these "Rares" even existing????

Its not like a lvl 10 character has this kind of gold lying around.

The item is gonna be grey to any player in a few levels anyway, and is attuned. So it can't even be resold.

Really stupid...
    Message Edited by GrimStone on 02-03-2005 07:50 AM
  3. ARCHIVED-Yodaya Guest

I think you assume that these items are bought by players who has main characters on levels 1-10.
    However, that isn't the case most of the time. These rare items are bought for baby characters of higher level characters and they can afford to pay any amount they wish. I personally do not like it because the TRUE low level characters are in a big disadvantage because they cannot afford to buy anything for their levels. I think I should open a seperate thread to discuss this issue.
  4. ARCHIVED-Omzen Guest

For Tier3 Shrubs, you are missing Blue Succulent. There are 9 harvests in Tier3 off shrubs.
  5. ARCHIVED-Zapdafish Guest

doh posted to the double post, hehe, wormwood, the t5 fungi component needs to be moved to the shrubs, its needed for absinthe
  6. ARCHIVED-Prismata Guest

This is a great list, thank you for taking the time to make a handy reference for the rest of us to use. Maybe the Mods would be kind enough to sticky it for us. :smileyhappy:
  7. ARCHIVED-Twoofus Guest

I noticed the wormwood to, while harvesting in Rivervale last weekend.

The zip has been updated to the errors you guys mentioned, the screenshot has been updated to this latest version as well.

And glad you like it... I was making it anyways, for a quick lookup when checking the broker.
    So why not share it when done :)

I've also posted a list of skillnames on books, for a quick lookup which book belongs to which class.
    It's posted here.
    Message Edited by Twoofus on 02-07-2005 04:14 AM
  8. ARCHIVED-Sixgun77 Guest

Great list. I wish I'd known about the severed fir and the sisal root several weeks ago. :(
  9. ARCHIVED-Yeevle Guest

Great list, I only started trying out harvesting for the past few days (along with crafting in general), this will definately come in handy. Thanks a lot. :)
  10. ARCHIVED-Zartuul Guest

11. ARCHIVED-Prismata Guest

12. ARCHIVED-Fnorg Guest

Very good info!

TY!
  13. ARCHIVED-z3oslo Guest

It would be nice to see all those add-rares added as well, like clouded ruby, dehydrated opal and so on and what they can be used for.

I for one dont like paying 1 plat for lets say dehydrated opal and not knowing if it can be used for t4 rare inks.
    Why add so many different rares in the game in the first place?

Many weird rares out there like a strange black rock
    If anyone have info on these rares and what they have used them for, put a note in here please.
  14. ARCHIVED-ioan Guest

Should Tier 2 Fungi also include Radish?
  15. ARCHIVED-einar438 Guest

nice list, thanks ;)

I have to weep for the designers of this game. I can, on some level, understand that they might not realize that bronze is not a minable resource and is itself a refined product.

But for them to fail understand that steel is smelted and a product of refinement of iron really points to a woeful educational system. I mean, education aside, didn't they watch the movie Conan? *laughs*

Feather quill pens made from wood, sycamore and figs from mushroom patch, heh...

I am suprised that they don't have wild Nauga dens in some areas, so we can trap medium quality nauga-hides
  16. ARCHIVED-Stefan Guest

You should move vulrich and elephant meat from tier 2 to tier 2 rare :smileyvery-happy:

Last night I got 200 pelts and not a single piece of meat :smileymad: There must be something wrong with the dens in Commonland on the Befallen server ! Not only last night - I never found any meat.

I can't do all the recipes I have with vulrich meat. I have one recipe with elephant meat that require an elephant steak. I don't have a recipe for elephant steak :smileytongue: When you have 6 or 7 recipes you can't make then you are missing a lot of XP and leveling is harder.
  17. ARCHIVED-Dessellion4 Guest

I sent a bug report about the missing meat in Commonlands dens about a week ago. No response and no sign of a correction.
  18. ARCHIVED-Stefan Guest

By the way are you in Qeynos? I believe that tier 1 dens in Freeport have rat pelts - they are rat dens.
  19. ARCHIVED-Gathen Guest

Tier 1 Rare in the freeport area is I believe:

LQ Rat Pelt
  20. ARCHIVED-Twoofus Guest

Thanks for the feedback...
    I've merged them into the document, and re-uploaded it.