Guk Server

Discussion in 'Guide Events' started by ARCHIVED-Curlytoe_Lorekeeper, Aug 4, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Tallann Guest

On Wednesday, June 20th, at approximately 6:00 p.m. PST / 9:00 p.m. EST, in Greater Faydark...a restless spirit will be seeking revenge for the mistreatment that he suffered during his tragic life.
    - Tallann
    Eep! The boring disclaimers! Please note: All times/dates are subject to change, due to that pesky evildoer known as Real Lifeâ„¢, as all Guides are simply volunteers, and they are just as susceptible to unforeseen circumstances as anyone else. If an event is rescheduled (or cancelled), I will try to keep you posted on the new dates/times, but unfortunately, that won't always be possible. I sincerely apologize in advance to anyone who feels that their time has been wasted as the result of an unexpectedly-cancelled or delayed quest, and I hope that it won't tarnish your enjoyment of future events.
    Additionally, one never knows when a Guide of Guk might suddenly be bitten by the Inspiration bug, or the Unexpected Spare Time bug, and decide that they just have to host an event NOW!, so you should always be on the lookout for strange rumblings, especially in the special frequency "Level 1-9" channel that many of you listen to.
  2. ARCHIVED-Norika Guest

On Sunday, at approximately 1:15 PDT, a fae and a high elf will be arguing over a wall being built. Please come to South Qeynos to help solve their dilemma!
  3. ARCHIVED-Norika Guest

Everyone on Guk is invited to come out and meet and greet with the Guides! Apprentice Zarrie, Guides Norika, Thornrose, Gryger, and Muji have all promised to be there, and Vixee and others may be able to join us. Come and share your back story with everyone, sing a song, tell a tale, have a grand old time.
  4. ARCHIVED-Tallann Guest

(My Internet connection has been extremely unstable recently, so I can't really commit to specific dates/times at the moment. However, I do have something to report for the early birds!)
    On Monday, July 9th, at approximately 3:00 a.m. PST / 6:00 a.m. EST (yes, a.m.), in the Eastern Wastes...a member of the Stormshield clan will be looking for brave adventurers to send into the depths of Kael Drakkel.
    - Tallann
    Eep! The boring disclaimers! Please note: All times/dates are subject to change, due to that pesky evildoer known as Real Lifeâ„¢, as all Guides are simply volunteers, and they are just as susceptible to unforeseen circumstances as anyone else. If an event is rescheduled (or cancelled), I will try to keep you posted on the new dates/times, but unfortunately, that won't always be possible. I sincerely apologize in advance to anyone who feels that their time has been wasted as the result of an unexpectedly-cancelled or delayed quest, and I hope that it won't tarnish your enjoyment of future events.
    Additionally, one never knows when a Guide of Guk might suddenly be bitten by the Inspiration bug, or the Unexpected Spare Time bug, and decide that they just have to host an event NOW!, so you should always be on the lookout for strange rumblings, especially in the special frequency "Level 1-9" channel that many of you listen to.
  5. ARCHIVED-Tallann Guest

On Saturday, July 14th, at approximately 9:00 a.m. PST / 12:00 p.m. (noon) EST, in the Loping Plains...someone will be looking for a cure for a hex!
    - Tallann
  6. ARCHIVED-Norika Guest

Post removed, sorry!
    Norika
  7. ARCHIVED-Dalannae Guest

Norika wrote:
    Param/dougiaz's guild hall is Defenders of the Light. in Antonica Teir 3 guild hall.
  8. ARCHIVED-Norika Guest

Friday night, several players joined me to create an amazing adventure/love story. Tonight, Sunday night, 7-15-12, as per many players' requests, I have the pleasure of presenting said tale. Please come join hostess Kattapault at The Lemon Tree.
  9. ARCHIVED-Norika Guest

Oh, sorry I did not see this before the end of the Tour. Thank you for the information, and Defenders of the Light Guild Hall will be placed first in the line-up for next time. A four hour tour involving nine Guild Halls had me beat, and I needed a rest.

Thank you everyone who hosted, and I look forward to the next one, August 18th. More information as the time draws near.
  10. ARCHIVED-Norika Guest

Post had to be removed, sorry!
    Norika
  11. ARCHIVED-Norika Guest

On Wednesday, July 25, at approximately 4 PM PDT/7 PM EDT, one or two crazy creatures can be seen escaping from a crazed inventor.
    And on Thursday, July 26, at very approximately 5 PM PDT/8 PM EDT a tiny wood elf coercer will need help getting some of her jumjumpies back from a very big wolf.
  12. ARCHIVED-Tallann Guest

On Wednesday, August 1st, at approximately 7:00 p.m. PST / 10:00 p.m. EST, in the Frostfang Sea...a fascination with all things fungus-related will lead a researcher to seek some outside help!
    - Tallann
  13. ARCHIVED-Norika Guest

Post has to be removed, sorry!
    Norika
  14. ARCHIVED-Dalannae Guest

I have a Friend who just started playing the game and would really like to show him the game in full but have seen no guide quests since last month are there any coming up.Are there any coming up?
    if you take requests I'd really love to introduce him to the little lost pet dragon. As for myself I hear there is a little dragon concerned about his size my little ratonga carp/fury would love to help him see that great things can come in little packages.

My friend's play time is about 10am PST to 2pm PST.
  15. ARCHIVED-Tallann Guest

I can assure you that Guide quests are still being performed on Guk on a regular basis. Unfortunately, I haven't had much to report lately (I'm on Guk every single week, but I've been busier than I was in the past, so I haven't had the luxury of scheduling quests in advance so that I could report them here), and I'm also unable to advertise certain quests for various reasons (for instance, if the Guide who is performing the quest is uncertain that they will be able to start the quest on time, I wouldn't want to advertise that quest, because I wouldn't want to risk disappointing people or wasting their time if the quest actually occurred much later than it was supposed to).
    As a result, this thread hasn't been updated recently, which gives the unfortunate impression that the Guides of Guk have disappeared, but again, that's definitely not the case! Be sure to keep an eye on the chat channels (especially Level_1-9 and Crafting) for strange rumblings; you never know when someone might need a hand with something!
    As for the dragon, I'm always willing to accommodate requests, and I'm sure that I could probably convince that dragon to make an appearance soon.
    I hope that your friend enjoys his time in Norrath!
    - Tallann
  16. ARCHIVED-bluja000 Guest

Tallann wrote:
    I know this is rather late in the game to be putting a request in, but sometimes it's difficult to realize there's a guide quest going on. Or it's difficult to tell if someone is starting one, it's not always obvious by the wording. And of course, a newbie might have no idea that a guide is starting one. Is there a way to maybe set it up as an ingame notification? That way it's more obvious, or perhaps there's a lesser version of the ingame message that can be used? I love to know there's a guide or GM event, but sometimes I just don't realize it because I'm not paying attention to chat.
  17. ARCHIVED-Tallann Guest

We have access to zonewide emotes, but they only cover one zone at a time, so you would need to be in the zone at the time that we use the emote in order to see it.
    We can also utilize the in-game calendar, but that requires a good amount of advanced notice (preferably at least 48 hours). Unfortunately, due to RL schedules/activities, some Guides aren't able to plan that far in advance (or be certain that they will be able to start a quest "on time"), but we do utilize that feature when we're able to, so be sure to check that periodically!
    Sometimes things are posted on Facebook, and, of course, things are also posted on the forums (but, as I mentioned above, I've been unable to do this for Guk recently, despite the fact that I'd really like to be letting you know about every single quest that happens). Again, the issue is that these things require advanced notice and the ability to start quests on time, but no system is perfect! *laughs*
    When I send a message to the chat channels, I try to make it absolutely clear that it's a Guide quest without actually saying "This is a Guide quest." Look for key words and phrases -- for instance, if someone starts talking about needing help in a specific zone (perhaps with a short story to go along with their request -- e.g., "I need to gather some supplies for a hunting trip, but I injured my back recently, so I can't bend over to pick things up! If anyone is willing to help me, I'll be near the docks in Antonica."), it's safe to assume that a Guide quest might be happening.
    - Tallann
  18. ARCHIVED-Simparri Guest

Aye, I was lucky enough yesterday to catch one of those impromptu Guide events out in Thundering Steppes, an aether race for a Purple Crash Disc. I'm determined to collect as many of the odd mounts as I can<grin>.
  19. ARCHIVED-Tallann Guest

Eep! In case you haven't heard, some portals will be opening later today (Friday) in honor of Oktoberfest! I will be around at some point Friday evening, but I'm sure that some of the other Guk Guides will probably pop in at various times throughout the day, too, so keep your eyes peeled!
    - Tallann