Guk Server

Discussion in 'Guide Events' started by ARCHIVED-Curlytoe_Lorekeeper, Aug 4, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Tallann Guest

Tallann wrote:
    (My sincere apologies to anyone who might have shown up for this particular event; unfortunately, I was delayed while offering a similar quest to adventurers in another Norrathian realm, and I was unable to get away in time to perform this quest. I apologize for the inconvenience, and I will reschedule this as soon as possible.)
    - Tallann
  2. ARCHIVED-Tallann Guest

On Friday, February 10th, at approximately 3:30 p.m. PST / 6:30 p.m. EST, in Greater Faydark...that vengeful spirit who was supposed to be around last week will be making his (slightly delayed) appearance. It turns out that the spirit realm isn't known for its punctuality -- who knew?
    On Saturday, February 11th, at approximately 4:00 p.m. PST / 7:00 p.m. EST, in Greater Faydark...a fae will be looking for help to put the finishing touches on a feast for his lady love.
    On Saturday, February 11th, at approximately 5:30 p.m. PST / 8:30 p.m. EST, in the Eastern Wastes...a battle-hardened coldain will be sending adventurers into Kael Drakkel. (Please note that the start time here depends on the level of interest in the previous quest.)
    On Sunday, February 12th, at approximately 6:00 a.m. PST / 9:00 a.m. EST, in Nettleville...if you're in the area, you might find a troll who is eager to share a sad tale of unrequited love. (Are people really awake at that hour?!)
    - Tallann
    Eep! The boring disclaimers! Please note: All times/dates are subject to change, due to that pesky evildoer known as Real Lifeâ„¢, as all Guides are simply volunteers, and they are just as susceptible to unforeseen circumstances as anyone else. If an event is rescheduled (or cancelled), I will try to keep you posted on the new dates/times, but unfortunately, that won't always be possible. I sincerely apologize in advance to anyone who feels that their time has been wasted as the result of an unexpectedly-cancelled or delayed quest, and I hope that it won't tarnish your enjoyment of future events.
    Additionally, one never knows when a Guide of Guk might suddenly be bitten by the Inspiration bug, or the Unexpected Spare Time bug, and decide that they just have to host an event NOW!, so you should always be on the lookout for strange rumblings, especially in the special frequency "Level 1-9" channel that many of you listen to.
  3. ARCHIVED-redwoodtreesprite Guest

Just wanted to say thank you for the wonderful stories today. :)
  4. ARCHIVED-Tallann Guest

redwoodtreesprite wrote:
    Ah, it sounds like you might have met our new Apprentice Guide, Norika! I'm glad that you enjoyed the stories, and I will be sure to pass that feedback along to her.
    (I'm afraid that this is going to be a light weekend, because I'll be pretty busy on Saturday and Sunday, but I'll try to keep everyone busy for a few hours on Friday night, at least! You might still see me around on Saturday or Sunday [definitely on Sunday...*whistles innocently*], but I'm hesitant about scheduling anything because I don't know what I will be able to commit to at the moment. That said...)
    On Friday, February 17th, at approximately 4:00 p.m. PST / 7:00 p.m. EST, in Greater Faydark...a baker has been tasked with a royal assignment, and she will be looking for inspiration!
    (And I'll probably do more Friday night, but we'll start with the above and I'll keep everyone informed about any other events of interest in the Level_1-9 and Crafting channels. An odd format this weekend, I realize, but don't worry -- it's only for this weekend.
    Also, since it came up last weekend...while quests are often [not always, but often] advertised in the aforementioned chat channels, that almost never happens "on time", because we first have to give the adventurers who are already in the zone a chance to participate. If you see the quest advertised in this thread, it's always best to just show up in the zone where the quest is being held, and wait for "something" to happen -- usually an emote, or a shout, will appear in that zone, letting you know that something is out of the ordinary. You can, of course, wait for word in the chat channels before making your way to the designated zone, but just be aware that such messages probably won't start until at least ten minutes after the start of the quest.
    To be clear, I say this not to discourage anyone, but just to set expectations properly; there was some talk last weekend about quests being late, when, in fact, they had started on time, but they just weren't able to be advertised in the chat channels immediately. I hope that this clarification helps!)
    - Tallann
    Eep! The boring disclaimers! Please note: All times/dates are subject to change, due to that pesky evildoer known as Real Lifeâ„¢, as all Guides are simply volunteers, and they are just as susceptible to unforeseen circumstances as anyone else. If an event is rescheduled (or cancelled), I will try to keep you posted on the new dates/times, but unfortunately, that won't always be possible. I sincerely apologize in advance to anyone who feels that their time has been wasted as the result of an unexpectedly-cancelled or delayed quest, and I hope that it won't tarnish your enjoyment of future events.
    Additionally, one never knows when a Guide of Guk might suddenly be bitten by the Inspiration bug, or the Unexpected Spare Time bug, and decide that they just have to host an event NOW!, so you should always be on the lookout for strange rumblings, especially in the special frequency "Level 1-9" channel that many of you listen to.
  5. ARCHIVED-Tallann Guest

On Friday, February 24th, at approximately 3:00 p.m. PST / 6:00 p.m. EST, in Greater Faydark...a hunter will be in dire need of some hunting supplies, thanks to a flaky fletcher.
    On Saturday, February 25th, at approximately 3:00 p.m. PST / 6:00 p.m. EST, in Butcherblock...preparations are underway for the Crown Ball, and accessories are an essential part of a great costume, so one of the Nobles will be in the area, looking for inspiration.
    On Sunday, February 26th, at approximately 6:00 p.m. PST / 9:00 p.m. EST, in Steamfont...a grumpy old man will be passing through, so you might want to watch your step -- he's fairly protective about "his" lawn.
    - Tallann
  6. ARCHIVED-CorpseGoddess Guest

Tallann wrote:
    I just wanted to say a big "thank you", Tallann--the recent upswing of Guide events on Guk have been a lot of fun, and much appreciated. Looking forward to more!
  7. ARCHIVED-Tallann Guest

My pleasure, Your Battiness!
    I can't take all of the credit, of course -- the Friday through Sunday quests that I post here every weekend are almost always mine, but the other Guk Guides are active during the rest of the week. In any case, I'm glad that you're enjoying the quests, and I look forward to seeing you again soon!
    - Tallann
  8. ARCHIVED-Aweian Guest

Just wanted to give a shout and thank Norika for being online and telling stories and getting us into groups and letting us tell our own stories and lore. If any of the senior guids read this please let Norika know shes creating quite a loyal fan base on guk server. I know im speaking for alot of people when i say "we always look foward to her visits"
    Keep up the great work Norika!!!!!
    Naychan
  9. ARCHIVED-Tallann Guest

I'm glad to hear that you've been enjoying the stories, and I'll be sure to let Norika know!
    - Tallann
  10. ARCHIVED-Acrazyone Guest

I realy enjoyed your stories and company Norika i hope they promote u to a full guide :) Singing from the watchers
  11. ARCHIVED-GrunEQ Guest

I love most all the Guide events, but I must say that Norika with the newly formed The Society has brought a new dimention into the virtual life of Guk.
    It has encouraged Naynay into sharing her lore stories and has greatly enlightened everyone with the lore of the gods of EQ2. It's all starting to make sense now.
    The sharing of stories, houses and the inter-play of participants is amazing and fun.
    The Society is what the group who show up frequently decided to call itself and is open to all on Guk to come and participate.
  12. ARCHIVED-Tallann Guest

I'm glad to hear that you're having fun! I'll be sure to pass that along to Norika, and I hope to join you one of these days, when I'm not busy traveling to the other Norrathian realms!
    - Tallann
  13. ARCHIVED-Tarsha Guest

Hello to all the stupendous people that I have met on Guk, and to the wonderful ones I have not yet met,
    Starting Friday 3/2/12, I shall endeavor to make my presence known sometime between 5:00 - 5:15 PM PST (8:00 - 8:15 PM EST).
    However, I cannot promise that I will be on each and every evening. So, if you do not hear from me by 5:15 PM PST (8:15 EST), please stay safe and enjoy the many adventures Norrath has to offer you, and know that I will do my utmost to be with you all the next evening.
    Of course, who knows? The winds of fortune may bring me there at any hour of any day or night, but I will most certainly be there, if I can at all, at the listed time.
    I have so enjoyed meeting many of you! Tales, poems, stories, laughter, creativity, shivers, camaraderie, houses, sharing a fondness for Norrath, her peoples, lore, and challenges .... More await, and I cannot wait!
    Your Apprentice Guide,
    Norika
  14. ARCHIVED-Tallann Guest

(Sorry for not being able to post exact dates/times for events this weekend; we've had severe thunderstorms in the area over the past few days, including tornado warnings, so I didn't want to commit to anything since I didn't know if/when I'd be able to be online. However, I did manage to run a quest on Friday night, after the storm had passed through my area, and I will still try to be around another time or two this weekend, if possible.)
    - Tallann
  15. ARCHIVED-Acrazyone Guest

I had a lot of fun sharing stories with Norika and geting those shinys was a bonus hope thiey promote her to a full guide for the good entertament Singing from the watchers :)
  16. ARCHIVED-Tallann Guest

(I wasn't able to post exact times for tonight [Friday], because I was trying to plan a joint event with Norika. However, our schedules didn't really match up as well as we had hoped, so we won't be able to do anything tonight, but we're going to try to do something Tuesday or Wednesday evening, instead. More details to follow! In the meantime, I will still be around at some point tonight to run a quest, so be sure to keep an eye out in Level_1-9 and Crafting. Sorry for the late notice. Now, as for the rest of the weekend....)
    On Saturday, March 10th, at approximately 1:00 p.m. PST / 4:00 p.m. EST, on the Isle of Mara...a large gathering will be held in honor of a special young froglok. (For more information on this, please see this thread. This is NOT a Guide event, per se -- this is a player-sponsored event, but I will be there, and I hope to see many of you there, as well! There might even be some surprises in store...*grins conspiratorially*)
    On Sunday, March 11th, at approximately 7:00 p.m. PST / 10:00 p.m. EST, in the Eastern Wastes...a mighty warrior of the coldain clan will be looking for brave adventurers who would like to journey into the depths of Kael Drakkel. (Please note: the time is subject to delay, due to the fact that I have prior commitments on another Norrathian realm at 4:00 p.m. PST...but I don't anticipate that those commitments will last for three or more hours. However, if I end up being wrong, I will post an update here before the scheduled start time for this event.)
    - Tallann
  17. ARCHIVED-Norika Guest

Hiya! Apprentice Guide Norika here.... Letting everyone know once again that I will be on at 5 PM PST most evenings. If I don't give a shout out by 5:15 PM PST, then the winds of fortune aren't blowing me your way that night. But you never know, I might pop on any odd time...
    Tomorrow, Saturday the 10th, I will be able to be on sometime after 7 or 8 PM PST for the server-wide player event in honor of the young froglok!
    And for sure, next Tuesday or Wednesday, Tallann and I will be doing a quest.
    Great good wishes to all!
    Norika
  18. ARCHIVED-Tallann Guest

(Norika wanted me to let everyone know that she has developed some sort of nasty bug, and won't be able to make it online tonight as planned. She's sorry for the inconvenience!
    As for me, the weather in my area has been kind of nasty this week, and that has caused a few random connectivity issues, so I have been hesitant to make any firm commitments. I'll be around later tonight, though.
    I look forward to actually being able to post advanced notice again in the near future! In the meantime, just as a reminder, if anyone ever wants to request a specific event, you're more than welcome to do so. Just post or PM me with details about the quest or quest item that you're looking for, and I'll see what I can do. Be sure to include some times that work for you, too.)
    - Tallann
  19. ARCHIVED-Tallann Guest

On Saturday, March 24th, at approximately 7:00 p.m. PST / 10:00 p.m. EST, in New Halas...what is a distressed halfling supposed to do when he tries to use the crafting stations and finds that the guards have sabotaged his efforts? Beg everyone in the area for help, of course! (Note: this is a crafting quest, but you don't have to be a skilled crafter to be able to participate in the quest.)
    On Sunday, March 25th, at approximately 6:00 a.m. PST / 9:00 a.m. EST (yes, that's a.m. -- are people really awake that early?!), in the Thundering Steppes...a scatterbrained halfling with a berry obsession will be looking for suckers...I mean, volunteers...who are willing to gather berries for her. (You do all of the work, and she gets to enjoy the delicious berries -- sounds like a really fair deal to me....)
    On Sunday, March 25th, at approximately 7:00 p.m. PST / 10:00 p.m. EST, on the Isle of Mara (Village of Shin)...as the Days of the Rains draw to a close, you might happen to encounter a druid who is eager to hear about your favorite bodies of water, and any memories that you might have of those locations.
    - Tallann
  20. ARCHIVED-Tallann Guest

(Please note that the above post has been edited, and now includes an additional quest.)
    - Tallann