Guk Server

Discussion in 'Guide Events' started by ARCHIVED-Curlytoe_Lorekeeper, Aug 4, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Tallann Guest

Tallann wrote:
    (The above post has now been edited to include to time for this event.)
    - Tallann
  2. ARCHIVED-Tallann Guest

Tallann wrote:
    (For anyone who might be waiting...I'm running a few minutes behind on another Norrathian realm at the moment, so I'm going to push this back to 7:30 p.m. PST / 10:30 p.m. EST. In other words, about thirty minutes later than originally scheduled. Sorry for the inconvenience!)
    - Tallann
  3. ARCHIVED-Tallann Guest

On Friday, March 30th, at approximately 4:00 p.m. PST / 7:00 p.m. EST, in the Feerrott...a frantic ogre might try to persuade you to rescue his sister, who is trapped somewhere in the heart of the jungle. (Note: I've checked, and it has been at least ten months since the last time that this quest was performed on Guk, if not longer.)
    (I'll try to post more tomorrow, after I figure out what my schedule will be for this weekend.)
    - Tallann
    Eep! The boring disclaimers! Please note: All times/dates are subject to change, due to that pesky evildoer known as Real Lifeâ„¢, as all Guides are simply volunteers, and they are just as susceptible to unforeseen circumstances as anyone else. If an event is rescheduled (or cancelled), I will try to keep you posted on the new dates/times, but unfortunately, that won't always be possible. I sincerely apologize in advance to anyone who feels that their time has been wasted as the result of an unexpectedly-cancelled or delayed quest, and I hope that it won't tarnish your enjoyment of future events.
    Additionally, one never knows when a Guide of Guk might suddenly be bitten by the Inspiration bug, or the Unexpected Spare Time bug, and decide that they just have to host an event NOW!, so you should always be on the lookout for strange rumblings, especially in the special frequency "Level 1-9" channel that many of you listen to.
  4. ARCHIVED-Tallann Guest

Tallann wrote:
    (I've been stuck downloading updates for the past thirty minutes, so I haven't been able to log in yet. The patch is finally nearing completion, so I'll get everything started as soon as possible, but I wanted to let everyone know about the delay. Sorry for the inconvenience!)
    - Tallann
  5. ARCHIVED-Tallann Guest

It seems that Greater Faydark is the place to be this weekend!
    On Saturday, April 7th, at approximately 6:00 p.m. PST / 9:00 p.m. EST, in Greater Faydark...a love-struck fae will be desperately seeking some assistance to make the perfect feast for the object of his affection!
    On Sunday, April 8th, at approximately 3:00 a.m. PST / 6:00 a.m. EST (yes, again, that's a.m.), in Greater Faydark...a ghostly presence will be roaming around Orc Hill, seeking vengeance.
    - Tallann
    Eep! The boring disclaimers! Please note: All times/dates are subject to change, due to that pesky evildoer known as Real Lifeâ„¢, as all Guides are simply volunteers, and they are just as susceptible to unforeseen circumstances as anyone else. If an event is rescheduled (or cancelled), I will try to keep you posted on the new dates/times, but unfortunately, that won't always be possible. I sincerely apologize in advance to anyone who feels that their time has been wasted as the result of an unexpectedly-cancelled or delayed quest, and I hope that it won't tarnish your enjoyment of future events.
    Additionally, one never knows when a Guide of Guk might suddenly be bitten by the Inspiration bug, or the Unexpected Spare Time bug, and decide that they just have to host an event NOW!, so you should always be on the lookout for strange rumblings, especially in the special frequency "Level 1-9" channel that many of you listen to.
  6. ARCHIVED-Tallann Guest

(Sorry that I didn't post anything last weekend; it completely slipped my mind. *frowns* It's worth noting again that not all quests are advertised, so there's a good chance that you could still encounter some quests in-game, even if you don't see them mentioned here first; however, I do try to advertise the weekend quests, at the very least. I just never got around to doing that last weekend.)
    On Friday, April 20th, at approximately 6:00 p.m. PST / 9:00 p.m. EST, in the Withered Lands...a renowned inventor has hidden some pages throughout the area, and he'll be sending adventurers off to search for them. (Note: I will try to stay online for as long as demand requires [within reason, of course] to make sure that everyone who still needs the quest has a fair chance to get it, so don't worry if this happens to be during your typical raid times. Also, I will try to switch between instances of the zone a few times, if needed.)
    - Tallann
  7. ARCHIVED-Tallann Guest

This week's quests have a common theme -- pests!
    On Sunday, April 29th, at approximately 5:00 p.m. PST / 8:00 p.m. EST, in the Frostfang Sea...a mischievous pet dragon (or two!) might manage to escape from their owner's house and create a bit of chaos in the city of New Halas.
    On Sunday, April 29th, at approximately 6:00 p.m. PST / 9:00 p.m. EST, in Timorous Deep (Gorowyn)...you might run into a citizen who is particularly upset about some of his neighbors.
    On Sunday, April 29th, at approximately 7:00 p.m. PST / 10:00 p.m. EST, in Butcherblock...a grumpy old man will be chasing away any adventurers who dare to trample on his property.
    (Note: Times might vary slightly depending on how long each quest lasts, but things should probably go according to schedule -- after all, people can usually only stand to be around pests for so long before they grow tired of them!)
    - Tallann
  8. ARCHIVED-Tallann Guest

On Saturday, May 12th, at approximately 7:00 p.m. PST / 10:00 p.m. EST, in the Commonlands...an orc has a devious plan in mind, and he'll be looking for people to help him with it!
    (It's going to be a busy weekend for me, as it was last weekend. That will change soon, and when it does...*whistles innocently* Well, I've said too much already! In the meantime, I hope that everyone enjoys Mother's Day!)
    - Tallann
  9. ARCHIVED-Thornrose Guest

Hey! Guide Thornrose slipping in to let you know about a day we have planned for your questing pleasure - Sunday May 27th. Schedule follows, and the Aether Races should be up and running as well! Oh and make sure you listen in to world communications for anything else that might happen to be going on. Happy questing!
    6 AM PT In the Village of Shin, Island of Mara, a hunter impatient to be off hunting will be in need of some help to create needed supplies

7AM PT
    A great Kerran hunter will need other hunters to assist filling an order for a client near the docks in the Thundering Steppes

8 AM PT
    A Halfling craftsman who’s a bit off their game will need some other craftspeople to help out in the Commonlands

9 AM PT
    In Butcherblock Mountains, an axe obsessses Dwarf will be asking for help with some research.

10 AM PT
    A minstrel frustrated while attempting to write an important song is hoping someone will provide some inspiration on the docks in the Enchanted lands

11 AM PT
    The world’s greatest Gnomish inventor will be frantically looking for assistance for some items he... eh... misplaced all over the Withered Lands

Unfortunately the inventor has disappeared into the Withered Lands and won't be around at this time. He's a bit absent minded so he didn't let anyone know when he'll be returning. But we will be sure to let you know... as soon as he lets us know.

12 Noon PT
    Near the Frostfang Sea Newbie Area you may find a minstrel who needs assistance completing a family project

2 PM PT
    If you’d like your fortune told, try the Enchanted Lands. But be warned, not all fortune tellers, or fortunes, are created equal!
    3 PM PT If you’re a romantic, help out the young Fae trying to create a perfect evening for their beloved near the Silverleaf Inn in Kelethin

4 PM PTKilled the biggest dragons? Been lost the longest? Had *any* great adventures? Come share your stories in Qeynos Harbor. Tell the truth or embellish as much as you would like!
    5 PM PT
    If you don’t mind helping a Troll, make your way to Steamfront Mountains

6 PM PT
    The Stormshield Clan will need a bit of help from the experienced and the brave inside Kael Drakkel. They take no responsibility for the inevitable deaths!

7 PM PDT[IMG]
    A baby dragon with big dreams will be found wandering around the city of New Halas looking for assistance... or something.

Disclaimer: Always remember, we do our best, but no one can guarantee that Real LifeTM will not interfere with the best laid plans in Norrath.
  10. ARCHIVED-Norika Guest

The Riddlemaster will be in Qeynos Harbor to confound all with her riddles, early in the morning, around 7 AM PDT.

And then the Arasai coercer and his wife will appear in Darklight Wood looking for adventurers to help build the Fairy Lanterns at 11 AM PDT.
  11. ARCHIVED-Norika Guest

Please join me at Wingading's Halfpint Delight Wednesday 5-23-12 at 10 AM PDT/1 PM EDT for stories and tales, all are welcome! Bring tales of your own, I love to listen to them.
    And of course, that terrible thing *grinning* called "Real Life" just might interfere, but I will do my best to keep all apppointments!
  12. ARCHIVED-Tallann Guest

On Monday, May 21st, at approximately 6:00 a.m. PST / 9:00 a.m. EST (yes, a.m.), in the Loping Plains...a determined fae will do whatever it takes to cure the curse that has been placed on her aunt!
    - Tallann
  13. ARCHIVED-Norika Guest

Norika, attempting to have a campfire gathering on Wednesday, met up with the Real Life Monster. That monster seems to get in the way of things quite often, especially since one of Norika's best friend's husband's is very ill and they have a little granddaughter that needs watching!
    So Norika apologizes profusely to all her friends on Guk and will do her best to make each event as she can.
    Tonight, Friday, June 1, 2012, there will be a party at Mogrim's at 5 PM PDT/8 PM EDT. Norika will ask everyone to take turns telling their history. It would be lovely to hear from as many people as possible. Who knows? Stories may develop!
  14. ARCHIVED-Tallann Guest

(I realize that it's short notice, but due to other obligations, it hasn't been as easy as it once was for me to schedule these quests days in advance. Things will calm down eventually, but for now, I'll post this for the benefit of those who are subscribed to this thread's RSS feed.)
    On Saturday, June 2nd, at approximately 6:00 p.m. PST / 9:00 p.m. EST, in the Frostfang Sea (New Halas)...a gnome will be looking for volunteers who are willing to help him test out his flight enablers.
    - Tallann
  15. ARCHIVED-Norika Guest

Around 8 PM PDT/11 PM EDT on Monday the 4th of June, look for an Arasai and his wife to be looking for help from brave adventurers to make Fairy Lanterns. They will be somewhere in Darklight Wood!
  16. ARCHIVED-Norika Guest

Around 5 PM PDT/8 PM EDT on Thursday the 7th of June, a coldain dwarf fascinated by fungoids and wanting to research some, will be asking brave adventurers to trap some for her. She and hopefully her friend will be in the Frostfang Sea ferry area, right across from where people ferry from the first island.
  17. ARCHIVED-Norika Guest

The Coldain dwarf that wants to research fungoids cannot do her research until about 7 PM PDT. Sorry about that!
    Will be at the Frostfang Sea ferry right across from the newbie island at that new time. Hope to see you all there!
  18. ARCHIVED-Tallann Guest

On Saturday, June 9th, at approximately 6:00 p.m. PST / 9:00 p.m. EST, in Steamfont...an illusionist will be challenging people to find him hiding in plain sight!
    - Tallann
  19. ARCHIVED-Tallann Guest

On Monday, June 11th, at approximately 3:00 a.m. PST / 6:00 a.m. EST (yes, a.m.), in Steamfont...an injured troll will need some help if he wants to continue to capture gn...erm, things...to cook in his stew (and he does!).
    - Tallann
  20. ARCHIVED-Tallann Guest

On Thursday, June 14th, at approximately 6:00 p.m. PST / 9:00 p.m. EST, in Darklight Woods...a skeleton has had all of the mistreatment that he can stand from his owner, and he just can't take it anymore!

- Tallann