Guild stolen on halls of fate server

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by gamas2, Jun 29, 2018.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Well, that is one thing they are good at, is finding/replacing lost items. Unfortunately, they might just put them right back in the guild hall, for this jerk to loot again. Make sure you get them back in your inventory, or somehow accessible (like the recovery of destroyed items tab in your Character Sheet). That way, you can get them back and place them in your own home or dungeon or something, temporarily. :-/

Good luck...

Uwk
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Irk...have you done item recovery tickets? Those would be different, in a way. :-/

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  3. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

so, everyone band together to petition removal this guy from the game, and /petition dbg for a leader change for an absentee leader. Then remove him once and for all, and next time you invite someone, maybe instill a period where they must remain a low level member for a trial period of time. I find that people have difficulty maintaining a façade for more than 6 weeks. Slowly move new members up the ranks. don't make them leaders. Lesson learned.
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Too bad we don't have the "prison server" any more, if DBG is that interested in "protecting" the jerk for whatever reason...maybe he buys a lot from the Marketplace?

Uwk
    Rosyposy likes this.
  5. Tajar Well-Known Member

I learned the hard way, to never have a co-leader. Even friends you've known for 6 years can screw you over. I did get my guild back, but only because he made a co leader himself and then left game from all the back lash, and the new leader gave me it back after a few weeks. SoE/DBG don't get involved in 'guild politics' :(
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Rosyposy like this.
  6. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

As a few others have said, he hasn't technically broken any rules. As unethical as it is what he has done;
    • You promoted him to a rank he had the power.
    • There is nothing in the rules to say he can not demote guild members if that is within his rank permissions.
    • The moment you promoted him to leader, he had just as many rights to the guild as you.
    Your petitions will be fruitless because of the above. Your best case scenario now is to move on. Collect all that you can from the guild hall that is yours, and start a fresh.
    It is worth noting for anyone really - You can give any rank at all in the guild full permissions to do whatever a leader would need to do, without giving them the highest position. This ensures that you can not be usurped from your spot, and you always have the ultimate control.
  7. Alphonsus Well-Known Member

Nah probably just changed his name especially with everything 25% off this week :)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  8. dstri New Member

Well, Drama over. He gave us the Guild back and left. He did a very honorable thing and left everything intact. I have to commend his decision not to loot the guild. So I give him much respect for that.
  9. Tajar Well-Known Member

It was years ago :p

Glad you got your guild back!
  10. SwashbucklerWoman Active Member

this is the 2nd time I've heard people say.... its was a honorable thing he did returning the guild with out looting it . what he did was not Honorable, he was shamed into it. this was very public. I wonder if he would have returned it otherwise?
    Geroblue, Mermut, Karamella and 6 others like this.
  11. gamas2 Member

yeah Evandar is right but i cant forgive he befriended me to do this and screwed me over i lost any respect for him and then right after this he goes and does the same thing to a little kid thats was in our guild and left to make his own guild feeds off this sort of thing its like a trophy for him then he had enough nerve to ask me to delete this post and let everyone know the good thing he did by giving us our guild back. sorry i cant do that he is bad news all the way.. thank you all for the support you guys and gals have shown us in the Drama. Knightstalkers Rebellion appreciates you all A great Big THANK YOU
  12. Breanna Well-Known Member

I am very happy to hear that :) Although I'm agreeing with Swashbuckler, he was not honorable.
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Amen. Just interesting to note that public shaming does work, and for a good cause! ;->

Uwk
  14. SwashbucklerWoman Active Member

Question of the day
    why do this its not RL
    DB could close game anytime they want to and we would all be out...
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Oh, I dunno; in many ways, the social aspect of EQ2 is practice for RL. Admit it, that's what a lot of RPGs are all about in the first place, even pen-and-paper ones (or maybe especially; it's been a valid therapy technique for years before G. Gygax and D. Arneson [just imagine Sigmund Freud behind a GM screen and be nervous when he starts to roll dice suspiciously]). :)

Uwk
    Blazen and Rosyposy like this.
  16. Areian Member

So stupid to steal virtual things to feel like they are somebody. I'm on HoF if you need something crafted, I have a Carpenter and can help with some stuff. I haven't finished the Planes yet because I haven't been feeling great and well I haven't been loving the expansion, but my carpenter can make you some stuff. Drop me a message, the forum name is my necro, drop me a message if you need something made to rebuild a guild hall. There are probably some people on the thread that can offer more. My guild is just my husband and I and we don't recruit, not ever. I've seen too many people taking advantage of guilds in my time playing games. In my experience nobody is your friend, the only safe bet is if you actually know them IRL and you can actually do something to them for real if they screw you over.
  17. Jaeded Well-Known Member

Same here, glad things worked out for you :)
  18. Alphonsus Well-Known Member

Oh ya there is.
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Really? Drunder, or Dunderhead, or whatever? I thought that was shut down? ;->

Uwk
  20. gamas2 Member

hey all thanks for your comments and help we do really appreciate it all HoF has some really great ppl on the server