Guild stolen on halls of fate server

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by gamas2, Jun 29, 2018.

1. Dude Well-Known Member

If you can't prove it, then the company really has no basis to take action. For all they know, you sold him the guild and are just trying to defraud him by misusing the company's customer service.
    Soara2 likes this.
  2. gamas2 Member

yeah i get it thanks i just want my guild back been in the guild for about 15 years only been in one other until we made this one
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Soara2 like this.
  3. Juraiya Well-Known Member

Did he actually kick you guys out of your own guild, or did he just empty your GH of everything? (By "just" I'm not trying to diminish it in any way. I know that's still devastating and terrible.) If you still are in your guild, then that's something. If he actually kicked you out of your own guild... then I wouldn't know what to say. :( And if that's the case, DBG SHOULD investigate, because that's just beyond cruel of them.
  4. dstri New Member

I also put in a ticket and was told pretty much the same thing. I just don't understand why they just can't give us Guild Leader rank again and we can fix the problem ourselves. I am not sure what direction to take at this point, And I believe that he is avoiding logging back in so he does not have to "chat" with us. I wish i could find a list of his alts but he is dark on EQ2U.
  5. Mermut Well-Known Member

Except the CAN see that if they look into the logs. I'm quite sure it shows trades and such.. as well as timing of invites, kicks, etc.
    The player may not be able to 'prove' such unless they have chat logs.. but the logs dbg has access to can surely give information about such things. Perhaps not enough for 'beyond a shadow of a doubt', but certainly enough to be highly suggestive. The fact they won't look is what is troubling.
    I know, for a fact, that they USED to look. I had a friend who got kicked out his guild while he was recovering from cancer.. he was able to get the guild back after petitioning. Granted, this was many years ago, but it does 'suggest' that the logs DO exist.. if dbg takes the time to go looking.
  6. dstri New Member

Honestly, its not so much that he "took over" the guild. WE have spent 13 years building this and there is stuff that unless we delete toons and start over we cannot get back. That is what grinds my gears. If you are his friend, try to reason with him and have him give us our guild back please.
  7. Dude Well-Known Member

Getting stuff back is probably more likely than getting the guild back. If you /petition and ask for all your characters' items to be removed from the hall, they can probably do that.
  8. SwashbucklerWoman Active Member

Don't trust anyone not even family members...and main thing is this is a game ( did you know this person in RL?)
    you made him leader ? are you still the leader?
  9. Alphonsus Well-Known Member

Sorry I'm with CS on this one. You gave them Guild Leader access, why should they waste their time with it. Unless you know and trust them 1000% you leave them at nothing higher than Senior Officer.
    Dude and Soara2 like this.
  10. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

If this is the same person I think it is, he has said many incriminating things, and should, in my opinion, be permanently removed from the game. He's completely offensive, and spams chat nonstop all night long.
  11. Crastinal Active Member

I'm really sorry for this, man. My heart goes to you and I totally agree it's unfair, but I'm afraid you don't really have a case to get your guild back.
    On the other hand, you can contact support and demand access to your items.
    The heirloom/no-trade items that are linked to your account and you don't have access to, because this person stole your guild? Well, you paid for them. You can even PROVE you spent money buying them, they're listed in your account history.
    And since you never got compensation for these item, this person who swindled you using your stuff constitutes theft. Actual theft, because you spent real world money for them. And the company not giving you back your stuff makes them accessory to theft.

But that's just a crazy idea.
  12. Soara2 Well-Known Member

This is why everyone gets booted from my guild before I take a break. Officers can take over even, doesn't have to be a leader and it is ridiculous that this can happen
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  13. Ratt New Member

I know who he said it was in General chat on HoF. That guy is no pro! (ha, see what I did there). He lives to create hostility in general chat. He varies his methods of spewing hate from racism, to accusations of physical violence from other players, to political contention. When he's not doing those things, he is spamming the channels with non-stop song lyrics, bullying other players or accusing them of something else. He is the very epitome of an internet troll.
    He really should be kicked from the game.
    He repeatedly breaks the first two rules of the Everquest II Rules of Conduct.

1. You may not harass or threaten other players.
    2. You may not use any sexually explicit, harmful, threatening, abusive, defamatory, obscene, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive language.
  14. Dude Well-Known Member

Three simple steps:
    1. /report (provides only the last 100 lines of chat so you may need to repeat this)
    2. /petition (This takes you to the customer service site where you let them know about the use of /report. If you don't do this then the /report will never be seen. If the offensive person is really that bad, then encourage everyone you know to do these same three steps. The more evidence you can provide, the more likely CS is to do something about it.)
    3. /ignore (yeah, it's not perfect, but at least you don't have to hear the toxicity.)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Juraiya like this.
  15. Wimble Active Member

I'm on HoF. I think the player who is being talked of has a nmae that is the same as "is an early sea-god or god of rivers and oceanic bodies of water,"...

I've grouped with the guy once and seen a load of his comments in general chat. In the PUG group, a taiwanese plsayer with good, but accented, english, spoke,. The player was immediately ridiculed by a 2 minute or so monologue by this troll who adopted a mock asian accent. After about a minute of silence i intervened, and the remainder of the group was an argument. He professed to not understanding why this casual racism was offensive!

In general chat, what other people have reported is true, he has a variety of topics to provoke people. The one that sticks in my mind, because it is used every time there is a mass shooting incident in the US, are comments (not in response to anyone) about "snowflakes demanding gun control"..."here come the gun grabbers"...etc. Those comments snowball.

In recent years there have been a couple of horrors on HoF, including a cosmic event and a truely daunting individual (HoF people know who I mean ;) ), this guy is up there with those two.

As for the original poster, I truely sympathise with your predicament, but i must also say, given the guy is ALREADY a pariah on HoF...Im amazed you promoted him in the first place?
    Rosyposy likes this.
  16. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

The leader can adjust guild settings so that only the leader can promote/demote. If a leader is gone a Real Long Time, the guild can /petition to elect a new guild leader, but it's not straightforward.
  17. gamas2 Member

no he dropped us to officers and change all permission so we can get our stuff the only thing he letting us have is the harvestable which we got..
  18. gamas2 Member

I already petitioned it DBG has not got back to me as of yet but not really sure they will
  19. gamas2 Member

i didnt know all that i did really read gen. chat at that time because i didnt like most of what i read on there the night be for i seen chat and was reading it and i got the feeling i didnt like and was going to demote but he saw that too from a comment i said in guild chat. so started talking about name changes and that he said he was a really nice guy and that he would never say **** like that so i was going to wait till morning when he wasnt on. Me being stupid should of done it right then I own this its all my fault and im not looking for sympathy here now i just want the him gone his name is Proteus and the guild is called Knightstalkers Rebellion if you see it dont join it
  20. gamas2 Member

DBG has told me they are not going to go any further with this and closed out my ticket again and said basically to stop with the tickets. He has not logged in over 2 days now we have stayed in the guild the whole time just to chat with him but i dont see him logging in anytime soon. thanks everyone for you help