Guardians: Requesting Feedback

Discussion in 'Guardian' started by ARCHIVED-Xelgad, Jul 15, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-DA Gohan Guest

Just thought I'd put my 2 cp in.
    I've played a guardian since the game came out and I've never been a hardcore raider, life is just too busy to dedicate that much time for playing. The guilds I raid with can tackle all of the easy and medium mode raiding content, and starting on the hard mode. We raid casually, which we've actually gotten pretty good at, while we have half our raid force change every night we raid we still manage to do pretty good.
    My position can switch from DPS to OT to MT depending on what we have, and while I"m no high DPS by any means, I can still add a little something.I think this gives me a bit of experience to what we lack and are good at, since i don't just MT.
    Personally I like the recent changes to guardians, yes I was very unhappy with the class in the last expansion, i was practically useless in raids. and even in the heroic content i was being outshined by other equally geared tank classes. I think these changes have helped guardians with the heroic content more than anything else. before I got fully raid geared, I had a lot of trouble keeping aggro from a warlock, or really any class doing mass AE damage. with the enhanced moderate, shoulder the burden, and the new plant that has changed. I may not put the AE DPS that other tanks can, but I have a solid hold on the aggro, which is my job. In this aspect I will say Thank you SOE for helping the lower geared casual guards.
    As for when I am MT raiding, I don't mind putting out the 10-14k avg DPS on epic x4 mobs. when i am in my offensive gear and duel weilding I can easily hold aggro off an assassin, lock, wizzy, and conjy putting out 40k DPS. Yes i would like higher, but it's enough to do my job.
    The poblem I still have though is when i have to tank in defensive stance, gear, with a shield. which is generally true for any of the hard content in the higher tier raiding. usually buffs and aggro make up for my severe lack of DPS. but it just isn't enough when i have to put on that shield and defensive gear. That is something that absolutely needs to be fixed. and to be honest increasing hate procs etc. won't fix it. However you look at it Guards absolutely need a huge increase in DPS while wearing a shield. Putting out 5 or 6k DPS while i have said High DPS classes putting out 40k just won't cut it.
    Once again thank you for the changes to the heroic content tanking abilities, but I think it needs to be extended to the raiding content aswell. I think what has been done is nice, little but nice none the less. But the raiding issues have always been different from the heroic issues. Surviability isn't an issue, it's DPS now that needs an upgrade.
    p.s. After 2 years of thinking guards would never get any better, I am finally enjoying playing mine again. if nothing else what little has changed has done that for me.
  2. ARCHIVED-Legion2024 Guest

my 2c worth as well
    guard on pvp server, idk about other tanks but i have never had a problem holding agro while in instances or raids, as the groups i played with know how to play, even if i do a pug first thing i say is, just because you can pull agro does not mean you should, the extremely good players know how to dps when to dps and know when to slow the dps down with that being said for the tanks having agro issues be vocal and if peeps don't listen /kick and replace or just continue on or my fav thing to do is not pull ago off and let him die and leave him dead. peeps soon learn,

granted ago is a funny thing, somehow i think soe did not code the game so tanks can hold agro 100% of the time that would make for a boring game.
    in well formed groups that play together ago issues are never a issue, granted as stated above stuff happens stun knockback out of range of mobs and agro will bounce around untill the guard is good again, and getting agro back is and has all ways been easy if you have good playeres in your group.
    another solution is dont party with other tanks lol works like a charm unless raiding and then the tanks should be talking and working together and not against each other,
    the biggest difference between most other tanks imo is one thing, HEALS, i can avoid mitagate as much as i like but once i get to 5%guards have nothing, most other tanks well we all know what they do HEAL them selves, what i dont get is why a tank can heal, its strange even for crusaders, they should be able to heal others in small heals at that but not heal them selves. a tank is a tank and should need a healer to heal.
    on top of that coming from a pvp server, tanks fighting tanks is a long fight i can burn most tanks to 5% all my stone skins have proced but once you get other tanks to the red all they do is pop heal and i have to do it all over again, but by that time im allready at 40 to 30% where is the balance...? just from one spell it separates guards from most other tanks, sure yeah i have a full set of pvp gear runes of mending pvp mit etc etc etc, but that is in no way = to a heal or 3 as i said tank on tank fights are long so a few mins pass and booooom another heal, and again and again and again.

just my 2c worth
  3. ARCHIVED-Melendiil Guest

Gaylon@Mistmoore wrote:
    This. The guard is a bit more fun to play now , but there is absolutely no need for one in a raid still.
    Im pretty much done with mine now. The timing of stoneskins is fun for a while but, when u see a crusader just dance through the same mob in offensive gear parsing 10k or so more more then my phat arze, and he probably has time to play online poker at the same time... its just a bit too much to take .
  4. ARCHIVED-Melendiil Guest

Melendiil wrote:
  5. ARCHIVED-Wasuna Guest

They claim to have balanced the fighters but that could not be further from the truth. The population numbers are the only real firm evedence we can point at the here is what they are:
    Level 90 only, All servers, 12/1/2010
    Guardian - 2510
    Berserker - 3843
    Shadowknight - 6868
    Paladin - 3828
    Monk - 2953
    Brusier - 2894

Wonderful job SoE. Thanks for all the fish.
  6. ARCHIVED-Bruener Guest

Wasuna wrote:
    Sorry guys, you can blame me for this.
    I mean people see me play my SK and obviously have to roll one. Don't worry got the Zerker maxed now to raise their numbers.....
  7. ARCHIVED-Rahatmattata Guest

Bruener wrote:
    Gratz on rolling another powerful easy to play class.
  8. ARCHIVED-FrostDragon Guest

It started from SOE hitting Guardians with a nerf bat so hard they are still bleeding to death years later. free tower shield and vanguard plates. All mitigation almost halved
    The howling was so loud SOE locked the forums. For a time avoidance tanks became gods then Crusaders got some WOW cloning love and avoidance got watered.
    The guardians know better that ask SOE for crumbs because we just get kicked again. I love my guardian but just play him solo mostly for the last 4 years unless someone needs a hand and ask directly. I stick to normal mobs I get 2 master chests a year off non raid content. unless I mentor
    SOE's pet monk is still not forgiven.
    Guardian - the trench starts and ends right here!

Utility?
    how about a in combat tuant that summons ranged target to us? like when the finger wiggler is hiding back and jumps the agro (gasp when ever can that happen) and then is out of range while the rest of the pack is on me like they should be. I hate dragging the pack while snared to get into taunt range
    utility? bind wounds on another player out of combat
    utility? since the crusaders have a bag of spells can we have a ranged attack? debuf effect?
    if I had to beg for a crumb before the SK and monk kick my face in again I would ask for a reflection ability.
  9. ARCHIVED-Soul_Dreamer Guest

I want these...

40% Melee Damage reduction with a 200% Damage reflection for Melee Damage only. 30 sec duration, 3 min recast.
    25% Increase to auto attack when I'm wearing a shield.
    3 proc deathsave which is a 100% Heal each time.

They can't be over powered since an SK has all 3 already, although theirs is Magic Damage reflect/reduction.

Sarcasm aside.
    • Fix the dam mitigation, I'm fed up with ALL tanks having Guardian level survivability or BETTER and also all their other shiny toys, NO F**KING way should a SK be at mit cap side by side with a Guardian when they offer so much more.
    • Fix the STILL BROKEN Guardian abilities. Sentinal, Sentry watch, Iron Will, Mitigation Increasers, no idea why this crap was left broken even with the "Revamp". Iron will is a new ability, how about you actually get the snare reduction working when you give it to us.
    • Increase single target DPS when behind a shield.
    • Remove the massive restrictions you seem to have placed on the Guardian class, we pay through the nose in EVERY area for our spike damage prevention tools. I don't see where other fighters were adjusted when you gave them their new defensive tools. Exactly what does a Berzerker pay for 50% damage reduction 50% of the time and WALL OF FORCE (their own mini tower of stone?). When they have 100% AOE auto attack, huge AOE DPS, Massive self heals, 25% Inc damage = Hate.