Guardian Relic Class Cloak Dev Please Read.

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Sevantal, Nov 22, 2015.

1. Montag Well-Known Member

To be totally honest the Guard cloak is trash. The all for one cloak is way better. An extra trigger on SW is utterly useless, if you're in a situation where it would be utilized something else is dramatically wrong and the trigger aint gonna fix it. Sevantal's list has many great alternatives which aren't overpowered but might get guards to want this cloak. Also could use some defensive stats.
    Daalilama and Sevantal like this.
  2. Sevantal Member

Thanks. Just ideas. Im afraid that some non guard will try and and add ideas like dps and call the list I have OP as has happened in the past. We don't want dps. We want survival or ae threat. Sentry watch was broken for years and we didn't care because obviously if its procing something else is wrong. We want a stand out cloak like other classes. Add to our DR rotation somehow or add to our AE threat somehow. Thats my opinion. I'd settle for a dev just looking into changing it any way they see fit and hope for the best.
  3. Sevantal Member

4. Sevantal Member

You mean like % based heals that allow a class to run heroics without a healer? Nothing I'm asking for is OP. All are viable without going over the top. I don't think blue AE scatter tanks are coming over to the flip and stack tank any time soon.
  5. Edrickx Member

I saw talk of these cloaks on another post asking them to not be relic and to make the effects better, but here in lies the problem....every time that has been done, come the end of the x-pack and nobody wants to give up that effect (RoK Mythicals, PoW Cloaks) and in turn the effects get made into a buff or a charm so we can keep them.

The cloaks I have seen seem underwhelming, it is a take it or leave it. If you want that to be your one relic piece, by all means congrats on the buff, but you will have to be giving up some other effect like 72 Pot boost or group CB/Pot.
  6. Arclite Well-Known Member

By the definition of a relic item in its current context, the item needs to be extremely good in order for it to justify its tag. Guardian cloak currently is most definitely not that. If it remains a relic cloak then it really needs to see a bump in its relevant tank stats and the class defining effect.

In its current state (which will most probably not change) I would completely agree that its just another "All for one" cloak that can be used if I am eyeing a minuscule increase in dps.

All we are asking is that if its class specific and will remain a relic item then at least give us something that is useful for the class or an effect that is not like the previous mythical cloaks that we want to carry in to the new expansion but is very unique for the content right now!

How about adding a % based increase in raid wide resists? Giving 5k resists to all types to everybody in raid (or group) is relevant right now and can be swapped in and out as and when needed.
  7. Germs Member

The Guardian cloak needs to be at least on par with the Cloak of the Deepstrider if it's going to carry a Relic tag. The Deepstrider Cloak is far better at this point due to block+mit.
  8. Sevantal Member

9. Sevantal Member

10. Sevantal Member

11. Boli Active Member

not just the guardian cloak... ALL tank cloaks missing tank stats. :(
  12. Arclite Well-Known Member

Is it me or there is an absolute silence from devs on these forums as of late?
    Ajjantis likes this.
  13. Daalilama Well-Known Member

TBH the majority of class cloaks not just tank ones are leaving many underwhelmed. Picking lackluster abilities for most as their "class cloak buffed ability" seems to be an afterthought...kinda like no flurry at all on healer cloaks...but yeah not adding block and mitigation to tank cloaks at the very least does seem to be exceptionally lazy...

So in conclusion....aside from maybe 5 class cloaks the rest fall into the POW class cloaks part deux...or is it class jokes. My main might be Templar but my guard alt is complete sad panda on SW as the cloak ability....but problem is 12 cloaks were never finished in time for beta.
    Karsa likes this.
  14. Sevantal Member

15. Karsa Active Member

I wish had a Fury alt... That cloak is hot... Cloaks should be myth not relic tagged...
    Sevantal and Liou_Unrest like this.
  16. Germs Member

Needs mit+block + AE aggro management and/or mitigation buff
  17. Sevantal Member

IKR. Insane.
    Neiloch likes this.
  18. Hofi New Member

I recently got the cloak and am very underwhelmed however its cool just to have even if I wont use it
    Sevantal likes this.
  19. Sevantal Member

20. Germs Member