Guardian Changes 8/19

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Buffrat, Aug 18, 2014.

1. Talathionwins Active Member

It doesn't matter because you can't really hold aggro off a "Tank DPS" anyways, and if you give up your neck slot for de-threat your going to do less damage then a T1 DPS anyways.

A bit more dps on one character isn't worth risking an entire raid for. Reckless is one of the worst ideas designed in a game.

They should just redesign Offensive Stance to give significant offensive bonuses like Defensive Stance gives significant defensive bonuses.

35% Flurry Chance would be a good start.
  2. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

Ok took advantage of the double exp weekend and lvled my guard to 95 and got him sone dreadlord and a bit of jewlty, dual wields and a few pieces of dps jewelry. In reckless my Pot sits around 1.1-1.2k and the CB at around 510. This is very rushed but It still gives me a pretty good idea of it.
    most my ST attacks have been upgraded to master and the rest is expert.
    So i popped act up and started swinging at a dummy and compared him to my Sin. My Sin is slightly better geared and i know the sin rotations better but sins suffer a penalty against dummies since they can't be backstabbing it. However...
    Even with 90% flurry my guards autoattack was hitting lower dps then my sin, and this is after i have sacrificed ALL my AE auto wich would put me a lot lower then the sin in a normal grp.
    When using CAs and everything i got i was standing around half the dps my sin does on the dummy. And again, sins can't backstab dummies.
    So my thoughts are that you guys are talking perfectly shaped/specced/geared guardians that can challange T1 dps.
    alltho im not sure how grit works and the guard have been 95 for about 10min after gearing and reforging but im not seeing T1 dps potential in heroic grps in him?
    I suppose tho they offer quite good defensive support for the grp aswell. But yeah, im not seeing it.
  3. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

Sry bout all the misspelling im using the phone :p
  4. duckster Active Member

You still have that amount of potency/cb on training dummy despite you being the target of its aggression/hate?

Their CAs and such double up on damage when the mob isnt targetting them.
  5. Corydonn Well-Known Member

A majority of the guardian dps comes from not being the target's target so to test that you would need someone with a target lock like peel to hold the mob for you... But there aren't any abilities like that so training dummies are bad for it. Assassins also have some innate weapon damage bonus so you really need to balance out your WBD, DPS,MA and Flurry to make sure you are doing the math and maximizing your damage potential for the gear you have.

Also there are like two maybe three people in this thread that understand basic math that 30% potency/crit bonus at 1000 is extremely different from 30% at 0%. I would like to respectfully ask those players that don't actually play the game and just sit around Freeport getting one shot by rats/GMs cease from speaking about a game they don't play/understand. This isn't a balance thread on undergeared guardians/dps or for players not figuring out the math behind it all, This is a thread shooting for balance on what it the maximum potential of the classes.
    duckster likes this.
  6. Mindsway Well-Known Member

I'm okay with this. Four guardian raids, GO!
  7. Buffrat Well-Known Member

13 guardian raids?
  8. Vainamoinen Well-Known Member

It's still a shadow of the forum it used to be. The odd relevant post doesn't change that.
  9. Mindsway Well-Known Member

That would certainly make Got Your Back far more interesting.
    Loredena likes this.
  10. Karsa Active Member

I see your 13 guardians and offer 9 brigs and any random healer...;)
    Atan and Mindsway like this.