Guardian Changes 8/19

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Buffrat, Aug 18, 2014.

1. Buffrat Well-Known Member

Guardian
    Defender's Charge now only gets a three times damage mult when in Recklessness and not the enemy's target. Non-Recklessness tanks will see no difference. Grit no longer applies damage reduction if the guardian is Reckless.

For the record this changes nothing. Guardians will only lose 300-400k dps from this, they're still top single target dps.

Focused Offensive needs to have the double CAs removed. Unless tanks are actually intended to be able to compete with t1 in recklessness now, in which case carry on.
  2. Estred Well-Known Member

That had better be PVP Only. Guards are still lower on PvE DPS compared to other classes because of how much Reckless drops in PVE.

I still stand by leave FO as it is and REMOVE RECKLESS FROM PVP*... it was a Raid Intended ability. Remove it from PvP as it's done nothing but break whatever semblance of balance there was since it's addition to the game. FO can be examined when Reckless is not skewing it. Without Reckless Defenders would only have an X2 multiplier from FO. That base damage would be greater if the person wasn't targeting the Guardian. Adjustments could then be made.

*I don't normally advocate removal of abilities however from experience and mechanics analysis, Recklessness has never done it's real intention to a level players enjoy in PvE and it's done nothing but break PvP. We know it won't be changed in PvE, it's just too much of a mess and it's marginally working now. However, PvP is just a mess with Reckless.
  3. Buffrat Well-Known Member

No. Guardians are currently the HIGHEST PVE DPS.
  4. Darkon Well-Known Member

Currently Guardians in PVE do more DPS than any other class in EQ2, Estred.
  5. Talathionwins Active Member

Highest DPS doesn't matter if you can't hold aggro off them.
  6. Estred Well-Known Member

Give me a parse of them outparsing Wizard/Assassin/Conjy and sure I'll believe that. I know that I never topped our Parses in Reckoning before they folded and I didn't see any parses from other guilds pointing it out. Not saying you're wrong, just that I don't believe you based on what I have experienced.
  7. Darkon Well-Known Member

Check flames. Guardian section. Parse thread.

One night our assassin (Buffrat) moved some of his jewelery to a guardian. He put on like 3 legendary pieces and 4 fabled no-sta pieces. He got his normal group that he's in on his assassin. It was like warden/channeler or templar/warden or something.

He was like 15% ahead of our next highest player, in legendary gear. Normally the assassin will do ~70-80% of what a warlock/wizard will do. The guardian was doing 105-115% of what said warlock/wizard were doing.

Honestly this change doesn't really fix things. They lose a few hundred thousand dps, but they're still the highest parsing class in EQ2. While also being the best option for a defensive maintank.
  8. Hammdaddy Active Member

9. Hammdaddy Active Member

10. Ebofu Active Member

but hp debuffs and group buffs :(
  11. Estred Well-Known Member

You're images are improperly linked and you're being unnecessarily rude. Just link your proof and cut the attitude.

I haven't checked flames in almost a year so that was information I didn't have. Regardless this change won't fix what's causing such ridiculous spikes. Removing the ability to gain double-hits on CA's while in Reckless would probably be more effective.

Reckless is a large Potency Boost by itself, some CB with AA. Having double (triple for Defenders Charge while not targeting) is effectively giving the Guardian 1000% or more bonus Potency as a buff. The issue still stems directly from Reckless. If Focused Offensive would not apply it's Double-Hit while in Reckless well, that probably would remove Reckless from a Gaurdians' stance-list in the long run but they won't outparse Wizards/Warlocks.
    Loredena likes this.
  12. Glassjaw Active Member

From what I understand it is a combination of dreadlord gear, specific guardian buffs and abilities and a channeler in group that can make guards do ridiculous damage.

The problem isn't so much that they are capable of doing this kind of damage but that they don't die while doing so.

Anyhow I hope changes are make to prevent this kind of stuff.
  13. Buffrat Well-Known Member

The reason I didn't stay guardian, bonus dps wasn't enough for an *assassin* to switch, but another class could :(

You don't need a channeler in group. That's irrelevant. You just need one of many, many, many ways to drop threat.
  14. Corydonn Well-Known Member

When players doubt Buffrat's knowledge of the game is when I feel truly saddened for the population of Norrath.
    Mindsway, Karsa and Feldon like this.
  15. Salvator New Member

I doubt Buffrats knowledge on how to cut a tomato!
  16. Hammdaddy Active Member

tl;dr, fix focused offensive.
  17. Buffrat Well-Known Member

I mean, I'm dumb and/or wrong sometimes. Like when I thought Ability Mod was good because I wasn't accounting for server lag and only going by paper math.
  18. Ebofu Active Member

When people take someone's word as gospel a little part of me dies :(
    Daalilama likes this.
  19. Daalilama Well-Known Member

Problem with buff is at times he presents information in a rather rude and sarcastic way doesn't mean he's wrong or right for that matter all the time and that tends to turn players off.
  20. Corydonn Well-Known Member

Only on classes that aren't bruiser!
    xkrisx likes this.