GrandMaster spells

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Thand, Sep 9, 2014.

1. Deveryn Well-Known Member

Excel (or the LibreOffice alternative) is your friend. Therein lies my gripe with all these artisan recipes. I don't like having to do the extra work to keep track of everything. :p It just adds to my pile of notes and spreadsheets.
  2. Rotherian Well-Known Member

I can make up an Excel workbook for it, if I find the time. Should be relatively easy to convert cells to checkboxes with the top cell in each recipe column identifying the recipe. (Then, when new recipes are added, it should just be a matter of copy/pasting a column for each of the new recipes and changing the recipe names in the copied columns.)
  3. Deveryn Well-Known Member

Niami's already done the work on that. I suspect we'll see some new spreadsheets in November for the newer content.
    Loredena likes this.
  4. Rotherian Well-Known Member

Sweet. Less (uncompensated) work for me. :D
  5. Thand Well-Known Member

yes i meant sloging. ) the same 3 sometime the other 3 keys in a row. I much preferred trade skills back in the day ). Of course if they had originally made only 1 ts per account them people would have just made multiple accounts. How i used to it is rush orders till quests are available then i do all the quests. Though i do know a few who only do rush orders all day and night.. I want crafting raids like in VG. though the moist fun i had crafting was horizons ) :)
  6. Loredena Active Member

Ooh, how did I miss that! thanks!
  7. Feldon Well-Known Member

So have folks looked up their characters on EQ2U?

It's certainly possible that I have some recipes missing. If there is anything I can do to improve EQ2U's handling or displaying of Recipes, please let me know.
    Avahlynn and Gaealiege like this.
  8. Loredena Active Member

The final tab with the level 95 research has the Azure items, but not some of the newer ones (I assume they were added with the expansions, but I'm not certain). My notes are not as good as Den Mother's, but I did upload it to Google Drive. Since it is an Excel file it needs to be downloaded though.

also, at some point the elixirs researched by delniak were changed to only need the Banyan, and not the rest of the rares.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1Riowt9A_IDRjJKYlI5c0lvZkk/edit
  9. Loredena Active Member

oh! I did not realize recipes were one of the things you had added. I just spent too much time logging in my max level crafters and checking their research too.
    Feldon likes this.
  10. Virgatus Member

Thanks for sharing the spreadsheet!
  11. d1anaw Well-Known Member

I'm with the idea that spells should be made by scholars. Of course, I have a huge beef with the cross crafting anyway. I just fail to see the point of having specialties if they aren't well going to specialize. I still think crafters should make the most coveted items in the game but within their specialty. I also agree that I liked when the first made item got more exp as well. It gave me an incentive to make everything at least once. I no longer bother.
    Filly67 likes this.
  12. Xianthia Well-Known Member

I agree, but what can you do? It's either use a spreadsheet or end up having multiple crafters researching the same thing.

This post reminded me that I have to make a spreadsheet of which crafter will research what tier of grandmasters and for that I thank you. :cool:
    Deveryn likes this.
  13. Deveryn Well-Known Member

You're welcome. :)

I'm just sticking to the standard spread of spells. Alch will do Fighters, Jeweler gets scouts and Sage gets Mage & Priests (though I'm now tempted to make a new sage to handle priests). :p
  14. Xianthia Well-Known Member

:D Exactly how I broke it down, but I do have a few crafters that have nothing to research so my plan is to break down other tiers on them. That way in a short amount of time I'll be able to craft all grandmasters although, of course, won't be on the same character.
  15. Feldon Well-Known Member

The Tradeskill Apprentices... they call out to you... "Let me learrrrrrnnnn!"

[IMG]

I wonder how hard it would be for me to make a TS Apprentice Recipes Progress page...
    Loredena, Faelen and Deveryn like this.
  16. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

Looks good, Feldon, but there is one little bug in that recipe list. The Oiled Studs of Discipline are beside the recipe Oiled Sash of Discipline.
  17. Feldon Well-Known Member

Actually it's funny. Both of these recipe books make the Oiled Studs of Discipline:

\aITEM -811428110 1955350478:Ancient Knowledge: Oiled Sash of Discipline\/a
    \aITEM -2094735565 -1340430512:Ancient Knowledge: Oiled Studs of Discipline\/a

It's understandable why this would have been missed as you never actually see the TS Apprentice recipe book in-game. You click "Complete" in the window and bam it's in your recipe knowledge book.

Ok I just swaped them out on our end to the more logical one. ;)
    Dulcenia and Deveryn like this.
  18. Loredena Active Member

It may be because they are from scrolls, not books, but I did not see any of the Rune adornment recipes, nor any of those such as Crystal of Compressed Rage, which come from dropped, limited use, books.
  19. Feldon Well-Known Member

EQ2U: Crystal of Compressed Rage (recipe)

Census: Crystal of Compressed Rage (item) <- Crystal of Compressed Rage (recipe book)

I've got that one as "Adornments (Spirit Stone)". Should I categorize it somewhere else? I have to hand-enter the recipebook categories. Also can you be more specific on the "Rune adornment recipes"?

Thanks for your feedback and help in improving EQ2U!
  20. Loredena Active Member

Here's the spirit stone adornment list I saw when I filtered on eq2u.
    [IMG]

And a snapshot from her recently crafted, which shows what I mean by Rune (purple adorns). I think the issue with the limited use recipes for green adorns might be that they are geocraft, not adornment, for skill

[IMG]