GrandMaster spells

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Thand, Sep 9, 2014.

1. Thand Well-Known Member

I am just worried that all the grandmaster spells will have be individually "researched" with trade skill assistants. So basicly one per month per character at level 100
  2. Pauly Well-Known Member

I'd rather see that then auction channel selling them
  3. Caith Developer

If you mean the recipe books for the Grandmaster Spells, no. Each recipe book is by tier and archtype, so fighters 90 to 95 is a single book, scouts 80-89 is a book, etc.. Currently we are discussing if they will be researched, or available through multiple avenues.
    Kinya, duckster, Ahupu and 4 others like this.
  4. Javos Member

So, the Grandmasters will include all levels, not just 90 to 100? On the Character Development, Class Training tab are those changing to Ancient selections, or are they staying as Grandmaster selections?
  5. Caith Developer

Yes, Grandmaster spells will include all levels, and most spells. There may be a few spells that do not get upgraded, but those will be very few and far between, and are due to balance concerns.

Character Development selections are staying Grandmaster.
    Katz, Javos, Loredena and 4 others like this.
  6. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

Guessing Hurricane, Amends, and that one really nice Dirge ability which I can never remember the name of are top candidates for 'not upgrading due to balance concerns'? Anymore AE chance on Hurricane and Swashy won't be needing to reforge for AE mod anymore lol.
  7. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

Somehow I'm still scared spitless that the items needed to make the spells will be unobtainable by usual crafting means.
    Avahlynn and Filly67 like this.
  8. Thand Well-Known Member

my guess is Ultra rare Harvesting drops
  9. Ahupu Well-Known Member

At the very least it has been confirmed that it won't be locked behind raid drops. I foresee it being somewhat rare drops, like the etherwood, and having a much longer and potentially fatal (yes a return to that style of crafting) creation routine. Less than a month to go and we will find out.
    Avahlynn likes this.
  10. Thand Well-Known Member

would be fun trying to farm the 90 to 95 books in heroics if they are drop only. well a few months till we see. As it is it looks like 2 books per archetype being needed with my sage needing 4 and my Alc needing 2 respectively. Unless they go the way they went this expansion with recipes being class agnostic. Which I hope they will not. much as it would make things alot simpiler
  11. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

I liked earning prior recipe books via tradeskill quests. We got "combat useful" recipes and deco recipes, that seemed pretty sensible to me. I don't get raid gear dropped doing far seas trade missions, so recipe books dropping in raid/heroic stuff to me seems odd. "Oh look, this dinosaur was toting a woodworker volume 95 on him! How fortuitous! Now I shall sell this for 800 platz on yon broker!"
    knightowl and Ahupu like this.
  12. Daray Well-Known Member

Curious as to the scaling of Grandmaster abilities, and future Ancient versions. Currently Expert to Master is approx 14% to the base value, while Master to Grandmaster is only 3% to the base value.

Is that value going to be changed?
    Will the Ancient tier be an even smaller increase than the 3%?
  13. Xianthia Well-Known Member

I'm so excited about GM spells as well as ancients and how they will work. Just before an xpac it's so exciting. So many new and shiny things to do!
  14. konofo Active Member

In the SOE Live Systems Panel (everything subject to change!), the numbers shown for Ice Comet IV indicated that the Ancient version was 5% better than the Master, and only ~1.8% better than the Grandmaster.

kono
    Neiloch and Loredena like this.
  15. Kattarama New Member

I am concerned that the recipe requires the Master book for the combine. If that is the case and the already mastered item in your spell book cannot be used, the price of master spells is going to go out of sight.
    Karsa and Feldon like this.
  16. Arieste Well-Known Member

I have some concerns about the recent information revealed abotu the "Ancient Spells".

I'm going off the info posted on Wire that says:

The idea is cool, but (while there is still time to fine tune things) I am concerned about a few areas:

1. Some classes are a lot more reliant on AA-granted spells rather than "base" spells. For example, for my warlock, something like 4 out of top 5 spells are AAs and not base spells. Is this going to be considered in terms of weighting? For example, if Class A gets their #1,2 and 3 spells as Ancient, but Class B gets their #6 and #8 spells as ancient, are the buffs to the latter going to be bigger? Obviously you can't make all the buffs completely even, but is this even being considered?

2. Are some spells going to be changed to facilitate all classes actually having 4-6 useful base spells? Again, as example on my defiler, I don't think i can even find more than 4 "base" spells that would make a major difference if upgraded.

3. What about top spells that are already upgraded? For example, a spell like Deathward, which becomes Death Cries through AAs. Is the Grandmaster and/or Ancient version going to make Death Cries better or is going to be useless to obtain those grandmasters & ancients?

4. "Your big hitter spells" is pretty vague. Is there going to be room for beta players to feedback which spells should / shoudln't be upgraded? Were any top players from each class at least asked for input? No offense to developers, but we all have countless AA options that either provide useless buffs or buff useless spells, so the SOE track record for deciding what's "your big hitter" is not exactly stellar.
    knightowl likes this.
  17. Xianthia Well-Known Member

I wasn't clear on your question until watched the replay for the eq2 insider. Now I think I understand it. I am wondering the same thing. One of my characters is fully mastered. Does she in fact need to get those masters again to be able to make the grandmasters?
  18. Kuulei Well-Known Member

That would "totally suck" to those that are already mastered, to have to go farm masters yet again. o_O
    Feldon likes this.
  19. Xianthia Well-Known Member

Agreed Kuulei. Hope someone wanders in to the thread and gives us a little insight. Otherwise will have to find the patience to wait on beta :(
  20. Kattarama New Member

If the Master book is required for the combine, I guess we need to start farming for the masters again. Sigh.