Gold Members Earn Double Tokens!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by RadarX, Nov 20, 2013.

1. hwy101 Active Member

Mouser please post some numbers and facts exactly how the 75pp bag for 5 tokens is bad. I do support the double up for GOLD members . I have and and will continue to maintain a gold account .
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Gamer New Member

Thanks so much Sony
  3. Karagon Active Member

I collected a few collections today - and saw that etimas from them do not double... Was that the point of the fix? Or it's bug?

As far as i know some people used 1 lvl alts to grind etimas - and i am ok with the fix of that - you shouldn't get etimas with your <95 lvl characters. But why lvl 95 toons with gold subscription stopped getting double etimas?...
  4. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

I'm going to hold off on collections until I see an answer to this.
  5. Grundge Active Member

I believe that this should become a permanent perk for Gold subscription members!

Once again you guys have knocked down more walls for the F2P crowd and made the game more accessible to them. Now, for example, F2P members have NO restrictions on armor...so they can also equip fabled and other top end gear.

Right now the only difference from a F2P member is that gold members get to use max level spells. I know that we do have some other perks, but I believe that after this we deserve another perk. I know that sounds a bit arrogant but I dont know, for me at least the reason to spend my money on a gold sub for my accounts seems less and less worth it. I think having this perk permanent would be gesture of good faith on SOEs part to us gold subscribers.
  6. mouser Well-Known Member

If you don't understand how pouring money into an economy is bad... I'm not sure I can help.
    Read up a bit on macroeconomics. In a nutshell, it devalues money, which shows up in the economy as high inflation.

In this case, it also creates a 'class' divide between the gold players who have access to these sacks and the FTP players who do not [as I understand it, non Gold players don't even see the sacks on the city merchant's list]. Since the FTP players have to pay the same amount on the brokers as everyone else, but won't have the access to this extra money, they're going to be shafted twice. If this is one of SOE's ways to encourage people to sub, I think it may end up backfiring on them.

Look at it this way - now every newbie: you can be level 3 and do the 'daily quest' for loyalty points - has access to 75 plat a week (150+ during the holidays). Don't you think that's going to affect prices? And how do you think that will affect the people without a gold subscription who can't get those? (I don't know if Krono lets you get them or not). Think 'gold rush' town pricing.

Admittedly, it's not as bad as it could be since level 90+ toons can make that much plat doing repeatables for an hour or so anyway (though that in itself is also a problem - repeatables used to be limited for this reason).

Give it a month and we should see the fallout and if it's as bad as I think it will be or not...
    If it's not, then hey, I'll happy to be proved wrong on this one.
  7. Deveryn Well-Known Member

Krono will let you get the bags. Of course, the price of those is now into 4 digits, so it's not as self-sustaining as before.
  8. Regolas Well-Known Member

As long as there's a reason to be gold, and there currently is, krono will always inflate in price.

Reason being is there's a constant tap of plat coming into the game even without the bags of plat. Every heroic chest, every raid chest, etc. This plat doesn't get consumed as fast by NPCs as it is generated, so it's value (ie how much you need to buy desirable item X) becomes smaller, so you need more of it to buy a krono.

Plus demand outstrips supply.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Plus, the whole thing about Krono was, I believe, to let it be priced "as the market will bear"? :-/

If the initial poster of these things put it up at 9,999 plat, few will miss out on a chance to get on board that train; I'm guilty of it myself with collectibles and such. :-/

Uwk
  10. Murder New Member

I jumped outta my seat today when I got 100 Goblin Game Tokens and then 100 more!
  11. Jeorge Member

Wow, really? What repeatables are these?

I do get the whole economy thing though. Seems like SOE is taking a leaf out of the Fed's book, eh? Idk wth could happen to fix it though, aside from reducing that HUGE influx... Why did they remove PR and SoH plat runs if they just replaced them?
  12. jynoth Member

They didn't replace PR and SoH plat runs, per account a gold member is only able to earn 2 loyalty tokens daily. I use to run PR and SoH on numerous chars so roughly 75 plat every 3 days vs 100 plat per zone per char that ran the zone every three days. So if I ran 6 or 7 chars through SoH and PR it wasn't uncommon to come out with 600-1000 plat every three days.
  13. TarnaX Active Member

How?
  14. Jeorge Member

The exact numbers are not the point. If they removed them because it was a huge influx of plat, why did they add in these plat bags?
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

The plat bags aren't too bad; only 75 plat instead of triple or quadruple figures. I've only done it like twice for any of my server crowds on Gold, which is the only place they're obtainable. The rest of my tokens, I'm trying to save up for the big stuff. It just makes a nice little comfortable nest egg, to let my toons know they can afford whatever crafting books, etc. they might need. I like it. :)

Uwk
    who doesn't raid or insist on oodles o' plat for being a Power Level aide, etc., so is pretty relaxed about it ;->
  16. jynoth Member

Perhaps because with out something like this for people to buy, the loyalty tokens would pretty much be worthless. The gear is out dated, and the veteran rewards were already given for the years of service. I have over 100 loyalty tokens on each of my accounts sitting there
  17. Murder New Member

Gold members get double tokens, so when I win 2 tokens, I get 4, when I win 50, I get 100, when I win 100, I get 200. It's freaking awesome, I have everything I want now outta prize money, all of the wings, mounts, and armor sets, with a little luck and an intial 6 tokens :)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Avahlynn like this.
  18. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

I need a lesson in goblin games from you!:)
  19. Murder New Member

I got lucky on one of my rolls and won the 100 tokens, which meant 200. It was all over after that, cause even if you lose you still get 4 tokens back. That's enough to basically roll roll roll forever.
  20. Jeorge Member

STILL missing the point.. I don't even...

If they got rid of PR and SoH plat runs to reduce the amount of money flooded into the economy, then there is zero reason to add in these plat bags. That defeats the purpose of what they did before. Yes, it may be less than what was before, but it's still lots more money being added in that's super easy to get.

I do get that the tokens are worthless without it, I agree with that, but they should have done something else if they had a goal of not flooding money into the economy. It's contradictory... Though I suppose it's possible goals changed in the interim. /shrug