Fixed Internally Game launcher stalls after update

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Rattophaxe, Feb 29, 2024.

1. VAXen Member

Manually ran the Daybreak installer to create a new, clean installation. Started from Steam with the default EverQuest user interface which confirmed I had started a new, default installation. Ran the game for some time with the dinosaur doing its thing. After some time I logged off normally to the Desktop. Game hung on next restart from Steam. Same symptoms as previously reported.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Tkia Well-Known Member

Yes, Uwk, I know all that and none of it has anything whatsoever to do with Steam. Reinstalling the launcher removes your existing settings and replaces them with defaults, which unfortunately means the Streaming Client and hence the dragon.
  3. Skip New Member

Can we please get a dev to comment on this
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Doesn't the Streaming Client = Steam? :confused:

If not, I've been mistaking them all these years (entirely possible)... X-P

Uwk
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hmm...one of the reasons why I don't like Steam. :-/

But don't take my word for it; I keep confusing the EQ2 Streaming Client with it! :confused:

But it's a li'll dragon, unless they intended it to be a pterosaur or something -- nah, it has arms, like a proper dragon, and wings. Whatever it is, it's indicating things suck. Full, slow installation for the win. ;)

Uwk
  6. wind Member

Still not working
  7. Beyoncia Well-Known Member

The launcher is still not working. For the 5th day!
  8. Nasiweis New Member

Stil not working :(
    And no word from a Dev.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

What's it doing, just giving the blank pink/purple/mauve/etc. colored framework, but no text or drop-down menus? :-/

And the suggested fixes aren't working? :(

Uwk
  10. Ratalthor Developer

This issue should be resolved. If you are still having issues, please contact customer support for assistance.
  11. Shonshazzitt Active Member

Oh no, its still borked... I just attempted to log in after a couple days of working, and all I get is a hung launcher with some pretty pink trees on it.
    Figured I would come here and see if there was a solution =)
  12. FrostedCB New Member

Apparently it is still not fixed. I'm having the same issue as those who have already posted about it.
  13. Tkia Well-Known Member

No improvement here either. Client still drops out silently after hitting 'play' and this is happening on two completely different machines.
  14. Kaaheel New Member

No change for me either. Still broke since it was first reported days ago.

I first reported it to Customer Services days ago where they then told me I had to /BUG it. I did that and now you are telling me that I need to go back to Customer Services.

Really?
  15. Rattophaxe Well-Known Member

Exactly HOW is this issue resolved? The only "fixes" I've seen suggested so far have involved some variant of "re-install the game".. . All I want is a patch for the LAUNCHER. The game itself runs just fine.

As for "contact customer support" -- you *are* joking, right? Because I've spoken to ppl who've tried that, and "unhelpful" doesn't even begin to cover it.

To repeat -- I don't want to have to re-install the game; then get to clean up the mess. Just give us a fix for the launcher.
    Tkia and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  16. VAXen Member

Still not fixed and no support from Customer Support. I last updated my ticket on Sunday and there has been no reply/update to the ticket from Customer Support. I reinstalled the game into a new directory so starting from EverQuest 2 with game defaults settings. Lauched from Steam and game ran correctly as expected. Closed the game using the menu as per usual. Launcher failed on the next attempt to play the game. Steam still stalls at the Launcher.

No way is this fixed...
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hmm! That's new; with me, it just never got to the point where I could get to log in (which got fixed for me). :-/

Uwk
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Wait, wait, wait...you got a TICKET SUBMITTED -- and updated! -- on the "Support" website?? :eek:

I haven't been able to do that for quite some time now! It's not accepting my email address, that every other function of everquest2.com is perfectly fine with (I can tell, since every time I buy something on the Marketplace, or an expac through their website, I get email confirmation). X-P

Or whatever the hold-up is; the email thing is just a guess on my part... :rolleyes:

Uwk
    who'd need to open a ticket about not being able to open a ticket X-P
  19. Evilary Well-Known Member

If you're having the issue of the launcher not loading. How do you expect them to send you an update? The launcher does the updates last time I checked.
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

There's no other way to get them, like through everquest2.com or anything? Doing an end-run around and going to the requisite .exe straight from its directory and starting that way? :-/

'Cause if this continues, it sounds like They're gonna lose a bit more customers, if they can't even get in. :-/

Uwk