Furies are useless

Discussion in 'Fury' started by ARCHIVED-LaetitiaSadier, Dec 19, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-Banditman Guest

Hopefully one of your class leads will be here shortly to give you guys the rundown on Sentinel's Fate. I've got to admit, I'm pretty excited about what I'm seeing for Furies in the expansion. You guys got some serious attention. I'm not saying you're completely fixed, but you were most definitely not ignored.
  2. ARCHIVED-Ferunnia Guest

So on a wizard that can nuke for 60k+ we add about 80-90 damage...that is...not good...why would you put a fury with subpar buffs and no spike protection in a group if there's any possibility of getting any cleric or shaman in the group? Better spike protection, RoA from shaman, Divine Recovery from temps...both cast speed/reuse buffs that actually help casters who could care less about our measly intelligence buffs...
    Who casts debuffs on epic mobs that does absolutely nothing to help them die? Seriously, casting skill and what is it, agi/wis? We can debuff a mob's resists by 10... yay...
    All that said...I love my toon, it's not my main at the moment because I am main tanking for a raid guild on my guard, but I still want it to get some loving so I can toss the Guard back in retirement.

By the way...solo healed PoF and Outer Stronghold on a Fury with NO T4 raid gear, T3 Armor and some jewelry from WoeS and instances...Fire room on Varsoon is a lot easier for a fury to heal than a lot of plate/chain healers, especially if the group's heat resist is the suck...Tis all about the skill.
  3. ARCHIVED-celestina936 Guest

Ferunnia wrote:
    Always is..... with decent gear, most all masters if not totally (in some instances all Adept 3s work just fine) and skill, skill, skill...... yes, you can solo heal every single instance in TSO.
    As for raids - same thing - if you have skill, skill, skill and gear/masters and crit mit required to handle the mobs - no reason y a good fury can't solo heal/cure a raid group. They do - all the time. Furies do have to watch pwr usage, so pwr generating gear helps tremendously. Can't always rely on a chanter to keep your pwr up! But I do know - good skilled Furies shine in mage groups on raids.
  4. ARCHIVED-Possom Guest

Sure, with my gear I can solo heal every instance on my fury.. However other classes do it better.. I did PoF once playing my coercer.. A defiler was healing and the tank was pulling 3-4 encounters at a time, including the trash in the big room with Varsoon, and I didnt even see the tanks health drop from 100%.. If a tank tried pulling 3-4 encounters in PoF with a fury healing, the spike damage would kill the tank in about 3 seconds flat, no matter WHAT gear the fury has...
  5. ARCHIVED-Furiousrain Guest

I am not sure how you can say Furies are useless or our class is broken. I play a Fury and consider our class an amazing class.
    Reasons why a Fury is great and very useful to a group and importantly, raids!
    1. Group cure with heal
    2. Fae fire is group wide and procs on spells too (~750 x 3)
    3. porcupine is raid wide and counts to the dps of the Fury. I hit procs of 1715 dmg x 50 ( Thats 85,750 dmg)
    - porcupine with aa can heal the entire group/raid and increase mitigation over 2600, reducing dmg & protecting
    4. Tunare's Grace Cures the group and adds a proc x3 of over 1500 dmg and regens the group. (TG+FF=2300x3)
    5. Tortise Shell is invaluable to a raid in survival. (yes, Wardens have it 2, but reasons 1-4 strengthen the value of a Fury
    6. Nature cleanse - Raid wide cure all every 2 seconds for 16 seconds
    7. Fast, high spike heals
    8. True HoT's, not reactives or wards but a continuous regen (unique to druids)
    9. Feral is now for all classes and increases potency by 10%
    10. Vortex is now group wide and increases dmg by 10% for 36 seconds
    If you play a Fury and you can not manage the complex role then play around with an AA mirror and adjust your play skill. If your gear is not Fabled or high end legendary with your myth, then accept that you are not going to be the greatest without the great gear and spells.
  6. ARCHIVED-Shinmuriel Guest

If you break down the details you can argue that any class is useful, even Rangers. The reality of it is... Fury's were THE DPS healer and were needed on fights like Byzola and such because other healers simply failed. The fun of playing them in the past was being able to change over from a healer (i have solo healed Guk 3 on my fury so yes there a healer) to a mini warlock with the click of a gear macro button and parse 9-10k (at level 80). This ability made them unique in my eyes. It made then fun to play and "outwieghed" the fact that there mana consumption is out of this world, nearly to the point of being broken. I shouldn't even go into the PvP battlegrounds and how useless Fury's are there now (solo healing there group) that the damage rates have been reduced, every fight is a long drawn out mana fight that requires a chanter in every group to win (and your lucky to get one chanter much less four in a randomized raid formup). Basically unless your group has INSANE dps your going to fail when your up against any other healer in PvP just because they will run you out of mana in seconds. Personally I don't know how you can NOT see the class is broken.
    Now? Now all healers can parse 8-12k, even mystics and inquisitors WHILE they solo heal moderately difficult content. Fury's can parse reasonably high but NO WHERE near as high as other healer classes while they solo heal harder content and in SF they have no chance in hell of solo healing Vigilants hard zones or Even zones like Spirit's resonance where mobs have insanely long stiffles. Why? Because the stun breaker in the STA does not work. (That seems a bit dumb to me tbh)
    Fury's USE to be the dps healers and now there not, they have nothing that makes them really unique. Yes they have a couple of good buffs but all healers do. They can heal almost as good as a warden if played right to be honest but there power cost now is completely broken by current standards in SF, they go flat dead in seconds on raid without good chanters holding there hand while Inquisitors and other classes have little trouble keeping power and even have temps like spirit tap to fuel there allready superior healing ability while they dps as high as most fury's at the same time. If they dare to DPS any they become a liability on named fights in raid because they are sucking up mana feeds from other healers and even on trash there zonewide is crap because they parse high on two pulls then bam, dead in the water on mana. Usually i find myself doing nothing more than the bare minimum to hold on during named fights and heal my group and hope they kill it before i run out of mana and cause the mob to heal. Basically fury's end up putting on a life jacket and floating while they hold there breath and pray for people to kill the mob or save them with a power feed. What fun is that seriously. The reason they don't get the mage groups in raid? Simple, you don't want to lose a whole group when the healer runs out of mana every pull. On top of that people talk about the great buffs a Fury has but the best ones have flaws that make them useless when there needed most, Energy Vortex for example... If your solo healing a group in raid when the hell can you afford to half your heal amount? Or animal form that stops healing spells to regen mana... Seriously folks, some of the devs oversights have taken all but the last traces of hope for MMO's away from me. Its sad.
    Fix the Fury's power consumption and you fix the class IMO.
    Add a Fury specific red adornment that compensates for there absurd power loss.
    Remove the benevolent spell inhibitor from Animal Form to help out or give them a casting buff so people put them in the mage group again where they belong and not use them for spam cure buff bots, it makes the class look bad. Do SOMETHING SOE because you told us you were going to "fix" druids this expansion and (surprise) Fury's are still broke because all of your other healers are out fury'ing them.
  7. ARCHIVED-carpe_caminus Guest

Shinmuriel wrote:
    If you're getting outparsed by other healer archetypes then you're doing something wrong. If you can't solo heal Spirits Resonance, you're doing something wrong.

People always jump to claim a failing of the class and can never even concieve that they're the ones causing the percieved failing. Get some practice, farm some gear, and parse 20k while solo healing.
  8. ARCHIVED-Shinmuriel Guest

Likewise people always want to blame someone for being a nub and not having masters or gear and not the class, stop licking dev butt and own up tbh. I have been a little harsh in the past on SOE but i think they deserve some tough love. They make stupid mistakes. The Fury is a fun class to play and there dps is pretty amazing when they are allowed to go balls to the wall but ALL healer dps is pretty damn amazing now and when it starts to dawn on more people that they can roll on torrent proc gear... yea. And I would like to play in godmode like SK's or Mystics sometime to right?
    See im disgrunted because i like playing classes with utility, but its Sony's fault regardless that im so angry because there dumb! They make utility classes suck and not fun to play, seriously. There's lots of people who would argue against what I have just said (people who most likely do not play utility) but just ask the chanters (not the scrubs the serious ones who love the class) what they think about this expansion and what has happened with there class changes, how many good chanters have sold there accounts and just walked away. Only reason I mentioned this was someone in an above post said Furys are supposed to be a utility type of healer, which is kinda cool, i can dig that. Prolly why they suck right? I'm just kidding, I like taking the underdog class and doing what is hard rather than being a tool and playing an sk and I'd rather commit seppuku than take a inquiz or mystic into BG's. But after a while you get tired of hearing yourself piss and moan and just start to wonder wtf the devs are smoking and why your still paying for the garbage.
  9. ARCHIVED-cevilia Guest

I have not been playing that long, but i started leveling a Fury and a Dirge at the same time and I thought the Fury was alot better class than the dirge. You must have played with a Fury that didn't try to keep you alive or your group just sucked all together. I can take on mobs including named's by myself of equal level or even a couple levels above me with no problem. Granted I have not been in a raid yet, but have been in instances with a group of 4 or 5 as the only healer and had no problems keeping us alive plus doing DPS at the same time. I parked the Dirge on the shelf because I love my Fury and don't get why they get such a bad rap.
  10. ARCHIVED-talamoth Guest

Wow. This thread really bummed me out. I'm a noob player, just converted over here from playing WoW for many years. I was hoping for a positive experience but see the same snarky elitism is in abundance in EQ2. Well, such is the world. Immaturity, trolling and bad attitudes exist everywhere.
    I rolled a Fae Fury in the game trial. I wanted a strong dps class that was also capable of healing. From the looks of this thread, it looks like the effort I have put in thus far is useless as it seems the class I've chosen sucks. Perhaps I should have researched everything in great depth before beginning but I actually didn't expect to purchase the game or stick around. However, I found that I loved my character and enjoyed the game so much I purchased it. Now I find out that my character sucks and is not wanted by anyone in groups. Oh well. Live and learn.
  11. ARCHIVED-Griffinhart Guest

talamoth wrote:
    Don't worry about the first three quarters of this thread. They are all pre-expansion comments. Since then, druids in general got a lot of loving. Furies are currently awesome imho. I love mine and a skilled fury can handle most any situation. I have a guildy that regularily solo heals Cella with her fury and breaks 10K on the DPS parse when raiding.
    Some of the changes the expansion made were:
    • Increased HP buffing. (Furies and wardens can buff more HP than any other healer now)
    • Feast now triggers every 20% health the mob loses rather on death making it an awesome spell
    • Porcupine lost its self stun and went raidwide
    • The AGL mele buff now adds STR, INT and WIS as well as casting speed when it procs. and it procs from mele and spells now.
    • Tortoise shell lost its stun componant.
    • With AA furies get two group cures, for raiding this is simply awesome.
    • There is a 3rd raid wide cure with a long re-use, but it recures every few seconds for its duration.
    • The Salve AA now was made to a group heal and cure
    • Back into the fray can now be cast on the fury as well.
    Really, the Fury is pretty awesome at the moment. Right up there with the other healing classes. Don't get me wrong, furies weren't terrible before, but druids were falling behind plate and chain healers when it came to being a healer.
  12. ARCHIVED-celestina936 Guest

Griffinhart wrote:
    Not only that but with GU56, you don't need a buckler anymore for TS!
  13. ARCHIVED-quetzaqotl Guest

and with gu56 our mythical gets nerfed to hell, come on guys quit the prozac already...
  14. ARCHIVED-Steelbreath Guest

talamoth wrote:
    "Snarky elitism" exists in all MMOs, here is no different. At the raid level there are problems with Druids, just like there is with Brawlers. It's hard to find a spot for 24 different classes, especially when you group them as either tank, heals and dps. Unlike other games, there is no real support for hybrid builds, especially for raiding. The other issue for Furys is that we were a very popular class, and hence there were a lot people playing them. Some were good players, some weren't. People remembered the Fury they got in group who was supposed to heal, but tried to dps all the time. We are the best clutch healers in the game, with the ability to bring people back from the brink of death. This requires actually paying attention and using all your abilities, not everyone is suited for this. Your character doesn't suck, and hopefully you'll find a guild that's supportive and likes to group.
  15. ARCHIVED-talamoth Guest

To Steelbreath and Griffinheart - I can't thank you enough for your thoughtful responses to my fury fears. This is good news. It will be a challenging class to master for sure! Before beginning EQ2, I was playing WoW. I had one of every class EXCEPT a healer. Healing seemed too stressful. I decided to challenge myself in EQ2 and learn the art of healing but, because I enjoy dps-ing the crap out of stuff I wanted to be able to do that as well.
    Your supportive comments have helped inspire me to go forward with my toon. I also rolled a guardian tank, because I love tanking, but I don't like the toon as much as my fury.
  16. ARCHIVED-random7 Guest

Griffinheart wrote:

Don't worry about the first three quarters of this thread. They are all pre-expansion comments. Since then, druids in general got a lot of loving. Furies are currently awesome imho. I love mine and a skilled fury can handle most any situation. I have a guildy that regularily solo heals Cella with her fury and breaks 10K on the DPS parse when raiding.

What type of gear does your guildy have? Is it raid gear or just the quest rewards gear from the SF expansion. Thats all I have and I feel useless compared to most other classes. When I solo, i have to avoid grabbing more then 2 mobs. When healing in a group I can barely keep up.
  17. ARCHIVED-RogueSpideyChick Guest

random7 wrote:
    the mark gear & some of the instanced stuff isnt bad at all (ex: is the druid pants from last mob in cella were an upgrade from my tso t4 raid pants). it's the aa's too. if u dont have the right aa's, then ur not gonna be as effective. there's another thread on this board about aa's that helped somebody out quite a bit. check those out & the gear thread on the fury boards on flames. the heroic stuff is marked so u can see what u can get ur hands on easier.
  18. ARCHIVED-lorne17 Guest

awe well i wanted to be a druid healer for end game raids...but after reading this >_< what would be a better alternative?
  19. ARCHIVED-Ferunnia Guest

A better alternative is to not pay attention to this necro post because half the crap on it is wrong. Furies at least have gotten some good lubbins over the last year. Wardens still have issues with buffage but hopefully that gets addressed this expac...don't hold your breath though.
  20. ARCHIVED-lorne17 Guest

wow so im getting so many different opinions here some say furies CAN raid heal and some say they can't lol this is getting interesting!

but i think i will just try them out and see how it goes!