Furies are useless

Discussion in 'Fury' started by ARCHIVED-LaetitiaSadier, Dec 19, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-Ferunnia Guest

I solo healed every hard mode raid fight we did last expansion as a fury. Highest sustained heals per second I ever did (outside of the queen fight in cella which I've broken 21k on) was almost 14k hps in erudin palace. Furies and wardens both have massive healing potential, especially now in the expansion with aoes hitting harder and people having huge hp pools to have to cap off.
  2. ARCHIVED-ReverendPaqo Guest

Only problem is you need the phat lewtz to push those types of numbers and there is a very large gap between what the content was tooled for and what is available to healers outside of instances. Last I checked, you needed to be able to heal to keep people up to get through the zone, but the quest reward gear gives you very little actual useable healing stats/bonuses. It's all sta/wis, crit mit, and a very large portion of the healer gear does not really give much of anything that actually makes you heal better.
  3. ARCHIVED-Ferunnia Guest

Potency and crit bonus are win for healing tbh. Yeah my ward procs were nice, but on my highest heal parses were only in the neighborhood of 25-30% of my heal parse. Legendary gear in the new expansion blows away my old gear in base stats. I might lose some red adorns but tbh if the piece of gear is a big enough upgrade I'll eat the loss until I get lucky on raid drops. You can look at us negatively if you want, doesn't make a damn to me, but I solo healed every instance in the last few expansions without raiding...Didn't get back into raiding til midway through SF...It's all what you want to achieve, not preconceptions that are for the most part wrong. Basically if you think you'll suck you will. If you don't want to work hard to get better as a druid you'll suck as well. Being able to spam heals don't make ya a good healer on any priest class to be honest, but it's more noticeable on druids in my opinion. All the above is why I authored the Elhonna's Skool For Kool Furies guide in this forum. If you read that and follow the rules I laid down in there and still can't do well as a fury then yes, you should play a different priest.
  4. ARCHIVED-Princess Ariel Guest

I love my fury. To me it is the best of all worlds. I know people have their complaints, and yes there are a few things I would like fixed, but overall all other classes bore me. I have no problem solo healing and I have few problems killing.
  5. ARCHIVED-hortefoutre Guest

Furies are awesome but so many of them are too stupid to undestand the class. As a consequence an horrible reputation of being unable to heal (rofl furies have all the tools needed to do it). The fact that 90% of my friends don't want me to betray os coming from the existence of those numerous abyssal furies. I know 2-3 good furies, wish they were a majority.
  6. ARCHIVED-Roslyn Guest

Much has changed since 2009... when this post was originally started.
  7. ARCHIVED-eidand Guest

lorne17 wrote:
    your best alternative is to look at the damn date of the posts you're reading. More than one year old usually means to look some place else for information.
  8. ARCHIVED-thegriss Guest

Squealockholmes@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    We have a fury who is absolutly awesome at healing and DPS. She has no issue solo healing a group in EM/HM content while dropping good dps. Honestly I think the problem with fury stigma is because there are alot of them out there that have no clue how to play the toon.
    Just realized this is a nerco thread lol
  9. ARCHIVED-LardLord Guest

Furies should do even more DPS though, honestly. They should be the highest DPS priest, and right now that title clearly belongs to Mystics.
  10. ARCHIVED-ganknskank Guest

every raid can use 1 fury. Doesn't have to have one but they are ideal for a mage heavy group.
    <3 RW cure
  11. ARCHIVED-Romulous Guest

I'm fairly new to the game. (Sort of). Well an old player returning with his wife, but my impression with most of the classes, even in the old days, were that more often than not, the classes were farily well balanced for end game raiding, depending on skill, and gear. There was the odd skill that was out of wack, but it usually just needed to be brought in line with the other classes. I noticed more it was player skill.
    I played an Inquisitor when the level cap was 50 and raided regularly back then, when they were the pariah of healers. I could keep a MT group up without to many problems. From my own experience I have seen numerous healers out there (and this is dating me and the game, since my knowledge of it is quite old), but you could take two of the same class and gear, put them beside each other with two seperate players, and one would do a wonderful job, while the other was just worried about parsing high. (Which used to be the drawback of most poeple playing inquisitors back then). Its all about the player.
    Now if this is changed, someone please tell me. lol.
  12. ARCHIVED-Axyrem Guest

just strange that Fury buffs provide INT and not WIS after the Stats changes. How does a Fury player feel when he gets a skill that doesnt help his class ?
    SOEs devs again show us how poor this change was prepared.
    3 weeks since i returned after almost 4 years break and the game is still a mess.
  13. ARCHIVED-RogueSpideyChick Guest

Axyrem wrote:
    u don't understand the benefits of buffing a group rather than urself. it's NOT all about u, it's about what cements u in a group time & time again to make u wanted. i remember when mages didnt even want the int buff because it pretty much did nothing because of the hard cap to stats. now they enjoy me being in group & notice when i'm not.
  14. ARCHIVED-celestina936 Guest

Arica@Guk wrote:
    To add to the reply. The fury is the range casters' best friend. And INT (Lucidity) provides a lot of friendship for the casters. The fury also has another buff for group INT & WIS (Forest Spirit) which also comes in handy. Get to know your class a lot better. It does take practice and review of your abilities. It's all about teamwork and not just solo play.
  15. ARCHIVED-Amanathia Guest

Fury with the lucidity adorn and AA adds about 400 INT to two casters in your group. Make one of those an enchanter with EV on something, too.
    That's a lot of INT.
  16. ARCHIVED-Orpheus666 Guest

Lucidity + Animal form for Necro's, they love you long time.
  17. ARCHIVED-Gladiolus Guest

Furies aren't useless any more, they're great in duo with beastlords.
  18. ARCHIVED-Ferunnia Guest

Amanathia wrote:
    Can also use Animal form on summoner's pets for soulburn. Also, I drop master of the hunt most of the time and toss out a third lucidity. The mit and small amount of hp to the group just doesnt justify leaving a caster without the extra 245.5 int.