Freethinker Hideout Tactics

Discussion in 'Zones and Population' started by ARCHIVED-LagerYerba, Nov 20, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Aandien Guest

Why move the tank? Just have a healer cure him. The first tick of that DOT does less damage then his auto-attack. Just tell one of your MT healers to use cure spells -- If your raiding FTH anyway, I would assume your healers are already capable of doing this.
  2. ARCHIVED-Argyuile Guest

I make the my tank scream cure and then trade me 1PP before I cure him.
  3. ARCHIVED-Caetrel Guest

It's an easy joust, the mob is pretty simple now that he doesn't go apes%$& if you don't beat him first pull.

In fact it is the easiest joust ever. When he says anything, get out, Don't even need chat box, you can watch the word balloons over his head 8P. No timer necessary.

Only tricky part is people seem to get in a port loop, and I am not sure what causes this, but he was yoinking the same person or two to him every time. This problem is its own solution- just have a healer grab a target on that port victim before every vase drop and insta- cured. Or leave that person dead heh.
  4. ARCHIVED-mikemcmodmike Guest

I'm not sure if this his vase droping and porting has been fixed. When we try him he seems like he should be easy enough, but he ports 3+ people every 15 secs or so. It's very annoying and that's the only thing that makes him hard.
    From talking to other people they report having 3-4 people ported the entire fight. I'm not sure if we're just missing something... but it seems his multi-porting hasn't been fixed.
  5. ARCHIVED-Leawyn Guest

Read the note closer:
    *** Zones ***
    - Freethinker Hideout: Zylphax the Shredder will no longer drop multiple vases or summon more than 6 people after a raid wipe.
    [/QUOTE]
    So he can summon up to 6. Its working as intended.
  6. ARCHIVED-Feltrak Guest

No dev threw us a bone. We spent 3 weeks scouring the world finding them. If you look at the zones they are in , the order they are in the quest log with respect to their locations, you could narrow it down and say that there was 1 more in feerrott...

Yes, my guild spent 3 weeks scouring the world to find them. Yes we TRADED locations of them with other guilds. At the time it was an epic quest that felt epic. Now it's, pull up ogaming and spend 2 hours running around.

Oh and I even remember the guy who found that feerrott one. It was Duxa for our guild.
  7. ARCHIVED-THteampink Guest

Is it common to only get one shot at the 3rd named then have him go NPC and never go aggro again?
  8. ARCHIVED-Fewson Guest

As I said in another post, I normally don't give out strats. But your question deserves a straight answer because I don't consider the answer giving out a strat, and that the non-agro part is too subtle to clue people what they need to do....So....

He will not go agro until you have 24 people in the room.
    Fewson - Level 70 Wizzy 80AA
    Dark Horizon
    The Bazaar

Message Edited by Fewson on 12-05-2006 09:54 PM
  9. ARCHIVED-THteampink Guest

Oh I knew that, I meant even when we had all 24 people in the room he wouldn't aggro =/ Thanks for the response though
  10. ARCHIVED-Caetrel Guest

pick the most stupid name you can think off (tinkerbell, legolas, pwnsyou are good examples) LOL There is at least one Legolas, an Ownz, and many Tinkerbells on Guk.
  11. ARCHIVED-Pinski Guest

Try having everybody leave the room and re-enter rather than having those who FD'd stay in the room like a bunch of dumb[expletive haxx0red by Raijinn]s.
  12. ARCHIVED-Aandien Guest

The 3rd named can get buggy -- and while FD'ing might be part of the reason, there apparantly are other ways. We somehow bugged him after wiping and could not reactivate him. We had everyone evac, leave the room, run to entrance, come back 2-3 times.

In any event, if you tried those things and it still doesn't reactivate (which would clear it up if you had FD / not full wipe issues) -- then you'll need to have people start camping and coming back. Eventually the person who is causing the bug will actually camp and then he'll work properly again.

Just don't camp all at once and close down the instance.
  13. ARCHIVED-Fewson Guest

The reason for the bug is that the vampire never watched another vampire who was well known on TV, "The Count" from Sesame Street. :p. So he messes up in his counting of whose in his room or not when certain things happen. :p

1 2 3 4 .... 23. 23 in room.
    No, we have 24..
    No, you have 23 and I refuse to go hostile without 24 peeps to fight me:p

Message Edited by Fewson on 12-06-2006 10:41 AM
  14. ARCHIVED-THteampink Guest

So just out of pure curiosity, do you have to have 24? Will he not activate if you don't have a full raid?
  15. ARCHIVED-Aandien Guest

You don't have to have 24. We've engaged him previously with 21 in an earlier week.
    And there is still a bug regardless. We had no one leave the zone, started with 24, fought him with 24, wiped (and no one FD'd mind you) and he stopped working, until a few people camped out and came back.
    I have no idea how to reproduce the issue though, as it's only happened once to us. I just know that camping and coming back fixes it should it happen to you.
    Message Edited by AncientElster on 12-06-2006 12:13 PM
  16. ARCHIVED-RBent72 Guest

My guild and I are having a terrible time with Othysys Muravian. We never had a problem with the shredder, but for whatever reason we can't get this guy. Someone told me that he is the THIRD named in the zone, and if that's the case, that may be our problem, we always get to him second, and can't seem to find a third.
    We've tried standing by the portal and just having a tank grab the preservers as they pop in while everyone else attacks named, we've tried killing the preservers, we've tried killing the x2 Souls (in less than 30 seconds as someone suggested on another website), and every time we basically get the named down to 40% before we get overwhelmed by the x2 Souls, and a preserver gets away to heal the named.
    Is this just a straight up burn on the named while someone rounds up the preservers or what? When the named points at a person and they're X2 soul pops, that person is perma-stunned, and it doesn't take too long before you've lost a good chunk of your dps. As I said, we were able to kill the X2 in less than 30 seconds, and that actually made them pop faster (3 spawns in 48 seconds as I remember).
    I'd appreciate any hints, clues, spoilers, ambiguous references, whatever you have.

-this space for rent
  17. ARCHIVED-kellan123 Guest

Anyone notice any 80's music references from the vampires in Freethinkers? :)

I'll leave you guys to figure it out. (although it's not hard)
  18. ARCHIVED-SinIsLaw Guest

The 3rd name, Treyloth D'Kulvith, feels a bit over the top ... u enter the room wait the he turns form NPC to Aggro and B00M 70-80% of ur raid can end up dead ... Kinda stupid that u have a mob who can destory almost the whole raid with an AE on incoming! So you pretty much have a rez party and end up waiting 10+ min for repair kits to refresh ...

It's kinda hard to figure that one out, if outta 10 tries loose most of the raid on 8 attempst. And you pick ur brain why u managed 2 decent attempts where everything seemed similar ...
  19. ARCHIVED-Urglunt Guest

I think something is still up with Shredder. I swear it's like he is scripted to port only our healers until we've wiped 5+ times. I've talked to other guilds and they don't have the same problems, but every single time in the zone so far he has decided to chain port 3+ healers the first few attempts. We can't survive with 3 healers out of commission almost the whole fight, so we end up losing half our armor before he decides to play "fair" and we kill him. Should luck have that much of an impact on success rate?

Yes we could run him in laps to combat this BS but honestly it's not fun, and much too long a way to do it.
  20. ARCHIVED-Ellrin Guest

Happening to us to every single time it seems to be the healers getting summoned and feared.